Lagging and Stuttering

• I just got the game on Steam and the whole game is slow, and lagging, and the speech and sound stutters. It’s basically unplayable. I can’t imagine why, because my computer should be able to run it. I tried going to settings to lower some of the graphics to medium and it didn’t help. I’m running on Windows 7 home premium. I have an AMD Athlon ™ II X4 630 processor 2.80 GHz. 3.74 gigs of usable ram.

I’ve been playing with the settings, and when I lower everything, it seems to work fine. It seems like the Resolution is the key perpetrator.

Can someone help me please?

• Anyone?

• What video card do you have? You curiously omit that detail.

• @ReMixx:

What video card do you have? You curiously omit that detail.

Oh I’m sorry, its a ATI Radeon HD 4200

• @antiher0z:

@ReMixx:

That would explain it. You just have an older video card that can’t handle the higher resolutions.

The 4200 is a slower card (even though it’s a generation ahead) than the minimum requirement of a Radeon HD 3800. Everything is working as intended.

• @ReMixx:

@antiher0z:

@ReMixx:

That would explain it. You just have an older video card that can’t handle the higher resolutions.

The 4200 is a slower card (even though it’s a generation ahead) than the minimum requirement of a Radeon HD 3800. Everything is working as intended.

Oh ok. Thats sad but at the same time good to know. Thanks for the information.