Viceral horrible battles

• Have you ever see the “deadliest warrior” well if not its a show where they do allot of stuff and one of the stuff that most call my attention was, they where using those medieval weapons and hitting other medieval stuff like armor or chain armor, and the weapons just destroy it, they completely cut it.

And then they attack some pigs(dead of course), and the power of the weapons where devastating, we always see those medieval movies, where the max gore is just a head ripped or a leg and there is always an extremely inaccurate amount of blood, but here, when they cut something its really cool to see the cut and hemorrhage and all that nasty stuff.

Could it be a way to activate this option in the game? Some kind of, “realistic gore - Yes/No” so the not very well psychological ppl like me could reaaaally enjoy the battles, and the easy stomach ones can also enjoy it?

• Developer

There is a rather extreme amount of gore in the game and it can be toggled on or off depending on user preference. As it stands right now you can:

• Cut off Someones head
    • Cut off Any of their Arms or Legs
    • Continue to mutilate corpses after they are dead
    • Burn people alive
    • And a special for the blunt weapons, explode peoples heads entirely

• Hmmm, how about an extension of that gore….semi hacked limbs that hang off the body :P

Crushing weapons that break arms and cripple the player rather than his arm coming off and killing him.

That is probably going a little too in depth, but could be done later on after release as part of a hardcore mode in a patch or something.

• @Tibberius:

There is a rather extreme amount of gore in the game and it can be toggled on or off depending on user preference. As it stands right now you can:

• Cut off Someones head
    • Burn people alive
    • And a special for the blunt weapons, explode peoples heads entirely

Yes, i saw the first 3 in a video of the game. But what i mean was, when you are injured, because theres a “health bar” right? Or is the famous “regeneration halo stuff”? Anyway what i wanted to say is, when someone hits you hard and you dont die, an animation whit an open wound or a piece of the armor will be awesome or not?

*A open wound like in CSS, that you see the bullets in your friend/enemy, so why not a cut or a bunch of bruising on your enemy/friend? Or a ripped/battered armor?

• Developer

Ah, I know what you mean. Actually its pretty annoying but the unreal engine does not support putting decals on skeletal meshes so this is very hard to do. We originally wanted to be able to do what you are talking about but we couldn’t find an efficient or effective method of accomplishing it.

• @Tibberius:

• Cut off Someones head
    • Burn people alive
    • And a special for the blunt weapons, explode peoples heads entirely**

…after read i immediately thought of this:…
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eMkth8FWno

:P

ciauz^^,
    Jab

• There is only one game I have seen that has done gore really well, and funnily enough it is the ever growing famous Rabbit fighting game; Overgrowth. :)

You can see a pretty well detailed look at some of the earlier blood/gore prototypes here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xrmgsz7 … re=related

The devs could probably take note from this system, depending on how good your programmer(s) is(are).

• Good God, guys you’re sooo brutal…
    BUT

Making a game less brutal than life is makes people think something is real.
    Lets take fpshooters for example. People underestimate weapon power HUGELY due to seeing it in fps’s. Enough to say that common 9mm pistol (such as beretta 92) can do much harm to even highly armored target, which, if shot at the chest, suffers serious blunt wound, and loses balance due to bullet impact.
    Now, if we show people that fighting with medieval weapons looks like that in Skyrim, Oblivion or M&B for example, people start to believe that a dagger is … just a dagger. No. One stab of a dagger much often kills a guy.

What i want to say - i’d like to see the HARDCORE mode with much more weapon damage, but with slower, less arcade movement. But thats only me :)

• @Jab:

…after read i immediately thought of this:…
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eMkth8FWno

:lolz: that’s what I though as well!

“COME BACK AND I’ll BITE YOU TO DEATH!”

• Do not trust, nor believe, anything you see in deadliest warrior, most of it is bullshit made up for the sake of entertaining the masses.
    Think about it, none of the wannabe samurai want to hear they use an overall inferior weapon or armor.
    They show chainmaile being destroyed by swords?
    hogwash!
    Chain maille was dubbed ‘foe of swords’ for a reason.
    They also show plate armor being weak and very impractical. Not true, read my other posts to find out the details.

with all that being said, its a balancing act.
    Does armor behave real? or do we want just brutal combat minus the armor realism?
    Hell, dont parry a warhammer with a sword, it might just end up broken or bent if struck hard enough.

read some of my other posts for more.

• I agree and it has been stated by the dev team about these points. Realistic - Arcade, these simple game type define actions taken within the game. Gore yes, its there for a reason to keep pace with the combat. Limbs flying off and heads exploding is hollywood and looks great. As for anything in between is just going alittle too far in my eyes. Lance is correct with armour and how it works thats for sure, and yes i agree with semi hacked of limbs.

But all in all its just a little too much to watch a man die slowly because he ribs punctured his lung and now his drowning on his own blood. I think the game show these battles in a graphic yet cenematic way already but i would like to see your ideas explored alittle more in the game.

• @Lancebringer:

Do not trust, nor believe, anything you see in deadliest warrior, most of it is bullshit made up for the sake of entertaining the masses.
    Think about it, none of the wannabe samurai want to hear they use an overall inferior weapon or armor.
    They show chainmaile being destroyed by swords?
    hogwash!
    Chain maille was dubbed ‘foe of swords’ for a reason.
    They also show plate armor being weak and very impractical. Not true, read my other posts to find out the details.

with all that being said, its a balancing act.
    Does armor behave real? or do we want just brutal combat minus the armor realism?
    Hell, dont parry a warhammer with a sword, it might just end up broken or bent if struck hard enough.

read some of my other posts for more.

ok, you buy an armor and i bring some big knifes and machetes i got in home and lets try it. i dont think a hunting knife(however you call it in english).

To the one speaking about FPS, did you ever see FPSRussia? try it, is a russian guy whit allot of money aparently who buy weapons and shoot cars and manequins and stuff. And i know how powerfull a gun is… people must watch that just to know that a single Glock can destroy a human head.

• Well, even a small rock can destroy a human head. Even a spoon or bare hands.

• And have you SEEN the damage a Hadouken can do to the human skeleton? nasty stuff man, just gruesome :jconf:

• Did you just say a Hadouken man? wow that must be definitiely something impressive to see someone really good at it, myself i must admit that i am quite fond of it, i do some hadoukens every morning before going to school but hell i can’t barely break my door in two while doing it, that sucks !

That could do definitely a great idea to add for the next DLC scheduled aka “barrel-zombie invasion”, as the new gorest/gruesomest weapon against thoses evil barrels.

• @King:

And have you SEEN the damage a Hadouken can do to the human skeleton? nasty stuff man, just gruesome :jconf:

Here we call them firepots.

• @Holy_Teal:

the next DLC scheduled aka “barrel-zombie invasion”

:lolz: I completely forgot about the barrels!

ahem I mean… :berz: HEAR YE HEAR YE! My brothers we must practice our secret weapon, THE HADOUKEN! (or firepot or sea salt smoothie, call it what you will) to protect our children from this pure unadulterated EVIL, THE BARRELS!

Really though, we should make a mod for this at some point…

• I’m personally not a fan of over-the-top gore and to be honest I’m glad there’s an option to turn it off :P

• I’d like to see Finishing move on these animated Ragdoll, just for fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxFhEUI6Q5g