Devs take a note please.

• I don’t think you devs understand the urge of solving some issues for server admins.
    For starters, fix the wrong number of players display in a server. When my server is 32/32 in the serverlist and I join and I see it’s 8 mason 8 agatha, I can only imagine myself and other server admins getting frustrated for 2 reasons.
    It keeps players out who think the server is full (server filter “don’t display full servers”) and on the other hand, server admins don’t get the full aspect for what they are paying for to their server providers. Half empty server isn’t really what anyone is paying money for now is it?

On that note, make it possible for an admin to always join his server. I have to stop my server and restart it only to gain entrance when 32 other players were playing fine. It keeps players out if they notice the server being taken down too often. They’ll think twice before joining your server again cause they will remember how it was taken down the last time.

• Your post is just a giant pile of fail.

1. Devs have much more on their plate than your incorrectly listed server. They understand the urge of their game better than you do, yet your personal issues are most important? Nope.

2. Devs aren’t concern with how you spend your money or the value you’re getting for you dollar. If your server is only half full, that’s between you and your server provider, not the devs of Chivalry. Feel as if you’re not getting enough for what you pay? Stop paying.

3. While yes, reserved slots would be great, you completely contradicted yourself with this entire paragraph. So now you WANT your server not to be filled? Isn’t that enabling you to not get all of what you’re paying for, as you stated? You close it just to join instead of waiting for an open slot as well? What?! Yea, people WILL think twice about joining your server again because you keep taking it down. That’s on you, not the devs. It’s poor server management and you’re making selfish decisions which drive players away; your own fault, bud.

Don’t throw the devs in the hot seat because they aren’t meeting YOUR expectations. You need to do some research on proper server management etiquette and notice how your own actions are counterproductive to the complaints you have made.

Again, this is just a big pile of fail.

• @sirmike:

I don’t think you devs understand the urge of solving some issues for server admins.
    For starters, fix the wrong number of players display in a server. When my server is 32/32 in the serverlist and I join and I see it’s 8 mason 8 agatha, I can only imagine myself and other server admins getting frustrated for 2 reasons.
    It keeps players out who think the server is full (server filter “don’t display full servers”) and on the other hand, server admins don’t get the full aspect for what they are paying for to their server providers. Half empty server isn’t really what anyone is paying money for now is it?

On that note, make it possible for an admin to always join his server. I have to stop my server and restart it only to gain entrance when 32 other players were playing fine. It keeps players out if they notice the server being taken down too often. They’ll think twice before joining your server again cause they will remember how it was taken down the last time.

I’m sure the admins understand it. Without dedicated servers and players a game will die. The Steam sale shot this game up the charts so they definitely want to keep this game popular and give it all the support it needs. There are lots of problems with the dedicated server right now, but hopefully the January patch (we’re almost there!) will fix a majority. If not I would definitely recommend you keep submitting the bug reports.

• @sirmike:

Half empty server isn’t really what anyone is paying money for now is it?

I prefer the term half full servers, and I think most of the problems would be fixed if they threw in the stock webadmin that is bundled with the unreal engine; or what has been paired with RO1 and RO2. Which I think is stock, someone correct me if I’m wrong of course.

• JHoersten2, Sirmike is entitled to his own opinion, as are you which you have clearly voiced but regardless of what the Devs really think, what do you gain by calling this thread a big pile of fail?

• @King:

what do you gain by calling this thread a big pile of fail?

Hopefully, a community that can see beyond their own personal problems to the overall state of the game and be able to understand the priorities the devs have placed on updates.

But I’ll settle for posts that avoid contradicting themselves also.

• @JHoersten2:

@King:

what do you gain by calling this thread a big pile of fail?

Hopefully, a community that can see beyond their own personal problems to the overall state of the game and be able to understand the priorities the devs have placed on updates.

But I’ll settle for posts that avoid contradicting themselves also.

JHoersten2, it seems like you are in every thread telling people to sit down and shut up.

The OP has some valid concerns:
    -Servers showing an incorrect player count in the browser
    -Lack of reserved slots

Both of those issues have a large impact on the community as a whole, not only an individual server operator. Servers that show up as full when they aren’t will have a hard time building a following when they are constantly underpopulated. Lack of reserved slots makes it hard for communities to form around a server, which is a hurts both higher level team play and the overall community around the game.

I trust the devs to be able to look at the issues the OP reports and figure out the implications of them. You should trust the devs to do that as well.

• @wurzle:

JHoersten2, it seems like you are in every thread telling people to sit down and shut up.

Actually, if you performed a search of my posts, you’d see that I’ve helped many get their servers up and running who were having trouble with either launching the executable, solving errors in it’s startup, or configuring the .ini files.

Thanks for your wild assumptions though, however wrong they may be. It’s nice to know I’ve taken up rent in the front of your mind.

For these ‘concerns’ the OP has brought up, if he were to have simply utilized the forum’s search function, he may have been greeted with the other dozens of posts concerning the same topics. There’s no need to have a revolving door of these posts, as they do nothing more than clutter and flood the feed at this point. I’m certain the devs are well aware of these issues and don’t need forum members “urging” them to understand their importance at this point.

• +1 to sirmike, the issue should be resolved ASAP before any content or any other fix because it is the most important right now.

To the other guy who does not understand the logic that servers = players, I hope you grow up and stop trolling on these forums.

The reasons I ask for this to be a separate and immediate hotfix are firstly because if new players see a list of full servers when they aren’t, they won’t attempt to join them. They will join less popular servers (i.e. higher ping) and possibly be put off playing because of the lag and seemingly lack of servers.

Secondly, users that do connect to low ping servers will find the server restarting fairly often due to this bug and could be put off re-joining therefore leading to my first point.

Thirdly, server operators see all of this happening and will wonder at the end of the month whether it is worth renewing.

Cheers,
    Dragunov

• @dragunov:

Thirdly, server operators see all of this happening and will wonder at the end of the month whether it is worth renewing.

You’re finally onto something worth talking about.

It seems that 2/3 of the servers are regularly empty as it is - perhaps it’s not worth renewing at all. Maybe simply finding ways to personally host your own servers if one needs to have one. I run mine off a home PC and it works great - how much are you paying a month for someone else to do it for you?

• You don’t learn do you troll?

Servers in the UK are mostly maxed out, mine is rarely under 80% capacity.

• @dragunov:

You don’t learn do you troll?

Servers in the UK are mostly maxed out, mine is rarely under 80% capacity.

That’s twice now you decided to make inflammatory posts, are you sure you are not the one trolling here? Are you getting stomped in-game and bringing your rage here with you? Poor guy… :|

80% or not, at the end of the month, you’re still the one spending money, not I. GG

…Oh, and could you point out the lesson you were teaching that i was supposed to learn? Thanks.

• I won’t lower myself to your level and how I spend my money, (whether it be for hardware and running costs for a 24/7 32 slot server or the convenience of having it hosted for me) is really none of your business.

You bring a sour taste to this forum and I hope this changes for the better very soon.

• @dragunov:

You bring a sour taste to this forum and I hope this changes for the better very soon.

Perhaps your taste-buds just haven’t matured enough - like when children try beer for the first time.

Maybe the “bar” isn’t the place for you, but instead the “ice cream parlor”.

• This thread has served its purpose. is you wish to continue debating please use the PM system.