Voting system needs to be changed. Something has to be done

• I join a FFA match mid-way, the players there either must’ve been new or maybe were just using weapons they weren’t that good in but since I have all the unlocks I just play for fun now. So I’m not worried about being restricted to a certain weapon.

That being said I use MAA and the broadsword, thrusting, and throwing daggers. As mentioned, they must’ve been new or using a completely new weapon and getting used to it (Most got better as the rounds went on)

However upon getting 1st place and beating out the previous leader he gets annoyed at me. Starts calling me the usual names, noob, cheater, some derogatory sexual terms. Turns out he was my first kill and the first blood of the next round. Not 10 seconds after I kill him

Votekick against Sunder (Me)
    Trollplayer: Racism. Kick him.

I call him out

Sunder: That’s bull, you were my final kill last match and I just got first blood on you. Stop being angry and trying to kick me for it

He continues on saying something like, “Not angry. Just gotta do what’s right.” The votekick failed, moments later he tries again. Saying I’m cheating, I’m exploiting and need to be kicked. Again it fails. I call him a troll and to leave me alone, it’s just a game and I’m just trying to have fun. His response?

Votekick Sunder
    Trollplayer: He called me a troll. I’m from Nigeria. That’s a derogatory term for me.
    Trollplayer: Kick him
    Trollplayer: Racism

Yet again it fails. So now seeing that he won’t let up, (I made the mistake of killing him at long distance with a dagger throw after he had changed his class to Archer) I decide to try and kick him, hoping that people will just get him out of the room and we can be done with it, just continue to play the game.

No one votes.

Immediately he claims I’m vote-spamming and should be kicked. He continues to cry racism and that I’m a cheater. I hide and type out real quick, “Look, he’s angry I killed him and beat him last round at the last minute. And this round I got first blood via killing him. You all see what he’s saying and how ridiculous it is, please can we just kick him and be done with it? =/”

Only about 2 people vote. In retaliation he waits until the game is just about over, then votekicks me. He voted yes and no one could be bothered to exit the scoreboard and vote no. Before the timer could be up, I’m kicked because of a troll that was angry. This system, is flawed. And now because of people like this and immature people just joining servers and acting like children, I’m getting banned from the few servers that I have a good connection with.

I don’t know if I’m more disappointed with how the system works or the community. They all saw he was acting stupid and harassing me, yet when I tried to kick him after his numerous attempts on me and trying to explain myself, no one bothers to remove him from the game. I honestly feel like I can’t play this game too often or in time I’ll just be banned from the few servers I have a good connection with by trolls abusing the system and a lazy community not wanting to vote
    /rant

• You need over half the players on a server to vote for it to count, so if he voted at the last minute it wouldn’t have kicked you unless he had friends or people weren’t paying attention. You can always play on the GIA LTS 8v8 server, IDK how good you connect to it, but we don’t allow votekicks. Admins are the only people who can kick.

• I’ve been on the tail end of a couple vote kicks this week due to playing well (the best reason I got was ‘we don’t like you’), and I generally don’t talk or TK in games. There is always someone who will do anything to make themselves look and feel better than they actually are. However, I also sympathize with people not wanting to play with a ‘pro’ player; I’ve played a lot of good players in various games and it can feel really overwhelming when you’re outclassed. Some people don’t want to get better to challenge these players, they just want to enjoy themselves, and that’s fair.

I do feel that the votekick system needs to be tweaked, to have more fair votes. Only requiring a majority vote from at least half the server doesn’t sound like enough, as people who choose not to vote is technically (and psychologically) a ‘no’ by default. One person being able to spam votekicks on the same person repeatedly also sounds a bit nonsensical. How about they get killed ingame if the votekick fails? :lolz:

• @HandsomeHodge:

You need over half the players on a server to vote for it to count, so if he voted at the last minute it wouldn’t have kicked you unless he had friends or people weren’t paying attention. You can always play on the GIA LTS 8v8 server, IDK how good you connect to it, but we don’t allow votekicks. Admins are the only people who can kick.

He himself votes and the scoreboard comes up. No one wants to exit the scoreboard to look or they just can’t be bothered to vote at all. His little scheme to get me out and without having the few people who vote no he succeeded.

@Leojin:

I’ve been on the tail end of a couple vote kicks this week due to playing well (the best reason I got was ‘we don’t like you’), and I generally don’t talk or TK in games. There is always someone who will do anything to make themselves look and feel better than they actually are. However, I also sympathize with people not wanting to play with a ‘pro’ player; I’ve played a lot of good players in various games and it can feel really overwhelming when you’re outclassed. Some people don’t want to get better to challenge these players, they just want to enjoy themselves, and that’s fair.

I do feel that the votekick system needs to be tweaked, to have more fair votes. Only requiring a majority vote from at least half the server doesn’t sound like enough, as people who choose not to vote is technically (and psychologically) a ‘no’ by default. One person being able to spam votekicks on the same person repeatedly also sounds a bit nonsensical. How about they get killed ingame if the votekick fails? :lolz:

I’m by no means a “Pro player”. Literally I had at most, 3 kills ahead of the 2nd place guy. There was about 4 or 5 players who had a decent amount of kills and were competing against each other for the top 5 places. Everyone else just was getting slaughtered. He had no reason at all, to kick me. I was joking with other players, I explained myself, I stated he’d keep doing this till I was kicked and he’d probably continue it onto other players as well. He just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and got killed by me.

Trolls can use this voting system to simply do just as their name implies, troll. Or get rid of higher leveled players, people they personally find annoying, etc.

I’m hoping by the next update we’ll have a better kick system. TO and FFA is pretty much all I play. And in FFA it’s really easy to get noticed and become on a trolls hit-list of people to bother

• I believe the kick system is structured to work, but servers aren’t tweaking the configuration to better it.

bEnableVoteKick=true
    bOnlyAdminsCanInitiateVotes=false
    bOnlyAdminsCanVote=false
    bOnlyTeammatesCanVoteKick=false
    bOnlyTeammatesAbstainsCountAgainstMinimum=false
    fVoteMinAmountNonAbstainers=0.400000
    fVoteSuccessThreshold=0.550000
    fVoteDurationSeconds=20.000000
    fVoteTallyUpdates=3.000000
    fVoteEnactDelaySeconds=10.000000
    fVoteTimeBetweenVoteKicksAgainstSamePlayer=60.000000
    fVoteTimeBetweenVotesFromOnePlayer=60.000000
    fVoteKickBanDurationSeconds=300.000000

As you can see from the options above, server administrators have the ability to thwart many of the issues that seem to be commonplace. By raising the vote success %, the time between votekicks, etc, voting would in-turn become something that could only be done so often and would require almost the entire server to agree upon. They could even get fancy and only allow teammates to votekick you, which keeps the opposing team from rage-kicking.

I don’t believe there is an issue with the votekick system, but the community. Chivalry is prone to making children rage, and they do so often. Server admins need to buckle down and properly evaluate communal problems and adjust their server configs accordingly - I know I do on mine.

• I think it’s more an argument for the default values to be tweaked rather than the ability to tweak them (although I’m glad the option is there!). Official Servers for example will not have variance in their values, but they generate a good portion of ingame traffic.