Option to turn on peoples names

• It would be nice to be able to turn on an option to see everyones names.

Then you can avoid those rank 32 killers until you have a teammate to take him on.

Then you can follow your heroic rank 32 companion around if you are a noob and need backup.

• This will create alot of clutter onscreen. maybe they can show an icon for each rank or something like that.

• If you are reasonably close, you can see an enemy’s name by pointing your cross hair at him.

• @SilentDawn:

This will create alot of clutter onscreen. maybe they can show an icon for each rank or something like that.

I think a small-font name above heads wouldn’t really be too bad, even if it only popped up within a certain vicinity of you.

• Keep the UI clutter out of this game. It’s one of the few multiplayer games I know that doesn’t spam different bits of text all over your screen every second, let’s keep it that way.

• Don’t need to have them constantly on screen, but I WOULD like to have the name-on-hover have a farther range than it does now.

• If theres an option to have the nameplates show or not why does it matter to you? Sure it would take some resources and time from TA to implement it, but they would make a group of players happy. I personally wouldn’t use the feature unless it didn’t show the names unless i was within a certain radius and wouldn’t take up too much screen space.

• @Knil:

Keep the UI clutter out of this game. It’s one of the few multiplayer games I know that doesn’t spam different bits of text all over your screen every second, let’s keep it that way.

Thats why it would be an option. That means optional… you could turn it on or off via settings.

I believe the name already shows for steam friends so they already have the functionality.

• Typing switchhud in console gives you people names but just for your team.

• @Salad:

Don’t need to have them constantly on screen, but I WOULD like to have the name-on-hover have a farther range than it does now.

Further range would be nice, since it’s ridiculously short right now.

• I don’t people to know where I am at all times. Maybe I want to flank or something and be sneaky.

I say remove any current indicators such as king indicator and other objective indicators… Since when should perception not be part of a war game?

• If they ever decide to change that, I surely hope they don’t increase it beyond two or three feet. Being able to identify people from afar would be a disaster.

• It would make it easy to single out the best performing/most ranked players in the other team;
    • Griefers would also have a field day, as it would make it much easier to track down and harass their targets.

Personally, I like it the way it is now, because it takes some guts. You want to see the enemy’s name, you HAVE to get close and personal. And if you can’t hold your own, you shouldn’t be taking names anyway.