Ranks/ commitment to fights

• I love the game. It’s fun to play and the community isn’t nearly as bad as most. However the main problem i get is either am much better than everyone or i get destroyed. Perhaps allowing servers to set level caps would help to limit how “good” a player joining can be. Also having a rank system be applied to the game would be cool as well. Maybe have certain server sets be dedicated to ranks and other be open to all. Idk if the rank system idea has been made, but i’d feel like my death was justified if i knew the person i was against was equal to myself in game experience. Also i think the less stamina you have the slower you should run. I get a lot of fights where i’m simply chaseing a guy as his team kills me. I like that when u fight stamina is lowered but when you run and are out of breath how come you run at mach speed? Just a suggestion that has been bugging me most games that i play.

• I love going into servers that I completely obliterate everyone…

I wouldn’t like rank matchmaking much at all…

• @Slaughtervomit:

I love going into servers that I completely obliterate everyone…

Do you realize that this is temporary?

Your attitude is pathetic, btw.

• The idea is fine in theory but segregating a small community is a great way to kill the game. Let’s say you split it by 10s, so 0-10, 20-30 etc. Rank 40+ would have no one to play against, a rank 8 player isn’t necessarily as skilled as a rank 7 player and could just as easily dominate as much as a rank 32, but those in the 30+ would have trouble finding decently populated servers in their areas and, perhaps more important, there would be no variety. If you’re lucky enough to have a low-ping always-populated server in your rank bracket, you’ll always be playing against the same people if you’re at the upper end and you’ll always be switching servers at the lower end.

It just wouldn’t work. The cons outweigh the pro.

• @acrh2:

@Slaughtervomit:

I’m not here to impress you or anyone else. I am here to smash people. Noobs smash a lot easier. If you feel like I need your approval, you’re pretty self-important. :)

• The game doesn’t necessarily lend itself to a team match making system.
    The upcoming duel feature, on the other hand, should absolutely have an ELO match-making system of some sort in my opinion.

• @acrh2:

@Slaughtervomit:

What attitude? He simply stated his likes and dislikes. Is he not allowed to have an opinion? Stop your flaming.

• @Slaughtervomit:

This.

All rank matchmaking would do would be to force the high-levelled players to take the game more seriously rather than having fun.

• I don’t mind having a rank-limitation server setting introduced. While I doubt any official server will limit ranks, some unofficial servers may host and use that server setting to create newbie-friendly servers (e.g. rank 10 or lower only). Whether those newbie-friendly servers can stay popular and therefore stay hosted will be up to the community.