VOIP Suggestions

• *Add a Local Voip key for players to use for taunting nearby players and for short distance communication.

A mute button!*** (Not the ol’ press b and press the mute player interface) We need one that is not in the scoreboard but in the esc menu like we did in AoC.

*Planetside 2 based VOIP set up mechanics;
    – a “Test Mic” option
    – a “Set audio device output/input” setting
    – a “Self Record and Playback” option to figure out what you sound like when you talk to people.
    – a microphone volume slider for out going and incoming voice chats

*a “microphone in use” icon over the player speaking when near him.

Important Improved VOIP networking, which im hoping is coming with the improved networking in patches to come.

• Yes, yes, a billion times yes. I feel like every game should have local VOIP, it makes things so much more funner. Look at Resistance & Liberation.

• Bumping this up again. We need to get the developers to nudge themselves towards ingame communication with teammates that doesn’t have to do with typing. If you want competitive players to come into this game, you need to allow them to communicate with teammates than typing or using the somewhat lacking VOIP mechanic we have now.

• Now all you need to do is convince everyone to get microphones.

Direct chat is cool. It doesn’t work that well in planetside 2 but in arma 2 its perfect. Especially in the dayZ mod.

• A billion times, YES. 8-)

• Every game should have these options nowadays. Most gamers have microphones, so I think these things should be the bare minimum.

• @KingArthur:

Every game should have these options nowadays. Most gamers have microphones, so I think these things should be the bare minimum.

True.

• This would be awesome, a local VOIP would be hilarious and so much better.

• @victarion_greyjoy:

This would be awesome, a local VOIP would be hilarious and so much better.

It’d be better, yes. Hilarious? Maybe. Depends on who you play with.

• In-game voice is a must for active teamplay.

• Voice chat is in the game but doesn’t work well for everyone.

• I say take out the touch button voice control and make it only a passive local VOIP. That way it would reduce voice spamming and you can only hear people closest to you. This would be very useful during the beginning of the match where everyone is bunched up so they can decide on strategy such as picking a side to rush.

Also if there is a group battle a local voip would allow players to tactically fight and communicate to avoid LMB spamming and team kills. One tactic would be communicating to the other player when to attack or switch enemies/targets. I believe other games that do this local voip is halo.

• anyone?

• @victarion_greyjoy:

anyone?

Why not have the server decide on which VOIP type should be on their server? I’m very sure local VOIP would be very popular in a game that is melee based and would absolutely be loved by realism servers…

• I fully agree with that. I have yet to see a game where the default game voice chat is not total rectum materials, and Chivalry is no exception. This is why people use alternative software like Mumble, Vent, TeamSpeak or Skype. Not only is the voice chat in Chivalry less than sub-par, it broadcasts your voice to all players, rendering team voice strategy null (unless you can restrict it to team, and I don’t know it yet).

Not only that, but localized voice would be extraordinary. I remember some months ago seeing a gameplay footage of DayZ and the players were using localized voice broadcast, and I thought: “Why the frak is this not in every game now? Why is this not standard game design?” I guess it is somewhat complicated to implement, but still, it would add tremendous depth to the game.