*** Long term progression to keep players playing

• One of the things I enjoy is making matches meaningful. Right now it is meaningful because you progress your weapons towards unlocking tiers. I think most people have the long term goal of unlocking all weapons. But eventually you will fulfill that goal.

Of course you have Rank but that only indicates how many kills you have. My rank is 10 but I still suck.

An even better statistic would be your average Kill to Deaths ratio.

If that was displayed as a percentage next to your rank that would be awesome. You could see how good a player really is. It gives you something to constantly improve and ultimately makes everyone a little more careful about how they attack. Of course you would not want TKs to count towards a death.

Maybe this ratio only begins once you have unlocked all weapons - to put everyone on an even footing.

• One of the things that makes this game a breath of fresh air is that people don’t care about k:d ratios, accuracy percentage, win/loss ratio etc.

• I agree with the gif and the last post. This will only make things worse, reasons already stated.

• Its a multiplayer hack´n´slash, it doesnt need you to farm anything to keep you playing, just like counter strike or the original age of chivalry.

• @-Thylacine-:

I agree with the gif and the last post. This will only make things worse, reasons already stated.

So if the stat was only viewable by YOU.

Would that may YOUR game worse???

• Publicly viewable stats aren’t the issue. If you have any sense of pride, private would have the exact same effect.

I’m fine with killstreaks and winstreaks. You get all the masturbatory delight with none of the self serving battlefield tactics.
    If that’s not enough, you can always grab a pencil and notepad to keep track of dying yourself. May it keep you warm at night.

• it’d be cool to have small unlocks as you gain ranks, like perhaps every 10 ranks or so you’d get a small cosmetic thing or something

• @kwazi:

it’d be cool to have small unlocks as you gain ranks, like perhaps every 10 ranks or so you’d get a small cosmetic thing or something

Thats a good idea.

Maybe unlock a special helmet so people can see how bad ass you are.

Progression is important for long term play, it adds a sense of satisfaction. Perhaps not for the casual gamer but the more hardcore people and MMORPG crowd which I believe is a large crowd the developers should target (so far the response from GW2 is extremely positive).

I dont play FPS games much but this one I like.

• I think there should be only one statistic, one that everyone can see.

Teamkill : Kill ratio

• Absolutely not!!!

• @Wangmaster:

I think there should be only one statistic, one that everyone can see.

Teamkill : Kill ratio

I kind of love this idea.

• This game is updating about 10 times slower then it should mostly because of the amount of energy spent on the art/design side of the game. Having had said this i find it hilarious they have abandoned all ideas for a clan interface and feature + chat option like in the War z . They pretty much turned their back on it so they could focus on adding weapons/balancing. This game is all about the individual, wanna prove your the best? fight with the best… in other words i only see the progression system adding onto the features clans should have already gotten. We need more of an active clan community.This game is purely for the player vs player appeal… progression should encourage uniting like in other games. That will keep people playing. The clans keep more consistent then the updates, so ima grip onto that like a corner stone, otherwise it all falls down.