Prologue?

• If this has been sugested before please excuse me, it’s my first post in this community…

How about later on after the release some patches are made to give us the prologue?

I’m talking about some missions in the unification of agatha times! And perhaps some fights against the tenosians! Perhaps this would be a mod made by the communty later on but I would be even willing to pay for it as a DLC :D

I just got excited reading all the info in the lore page and kept imagining all the characteristics of each land before the unification… also I can only imagine how the tenosians would be modeled but most of all, after seeing that the focus of the game is this cinematic campaign feeling, I get excited already with the images of those battles resulting in the glory of agatha… taking the whole continent!

and then…

• don’t give the idea of making pay DLCs. I can’t stand these :P.

sorry for my english, i am french!

• I approve of this idea, and while I hate “DLC”, it would be perfectly fine as a paid expansion :D

@Karam:

don’t give the idea of making pay DLCs. I can’t stand these :P.

Agreed.

DLC you need to pay for is a plague in the gaming world now days, and should only remain on consoles!

What happened to the good old days of “Expansions” or official “Add-ons”…it’s all $2 DLC (indi game) this, $40 DLC (“AAA” game) that.

• Fighting in a desert theme would be awesome. Agathian knights against the Tenosian army.

• Yeah, id be ready to pay for a good expansion if there is a lot of maps and new stuffs but not for a dlc that as a tenth of the content of a real add on.

• Well I’m thinking of DLC because it is to late when you look at it.

I don’t mean just new maps and also not just the tenosians, I just get really excited with the map! http://www.chivalrythegame.com/index.swf look at all the scenarios that could be explored and all these factions that were at war before the unification!
    I imagine a set of missions resulting in the campaign of this unification. Agathians (from old agatha) conquering feud after feud, the brutal sieges against vantear, that one final siege that brings the whole kingdom together to march against Tenosia! THEN the war against tenosia… which will lead to the current war.

Just an Idea, I think the story can be explored so much, but still I guess it is late for all of these so it might be in mods or perhaps DLC, i’m not a fan of DLC’s, actually this is the only time in my life that I would buy one. for this amazing game ;)

But just in case nothing oficial shows up, does this idea interest any of you amazing mod makers? :D

• heck, imagine taking part in the battle when the king falls! and returning home bringing nothing but defeat.

• Developer

We built a lot of this backstory and lore of the world of Agatha with the intention of expanding upon it with prequels and sequels as well as expansions or DLC. We would love the opportunity to do this- but it only becomes a possibility for us if the initial release of chivalry is a success.

• @Otreum:

I approve of this idea, and while I hate “DLC”, it would be perfectly fine as a paid expansion :D

@Karam:

don’t give the idea of making pay DLCs. I can’t stand these :P.

Agreed.

DLC you need to pay for is a plague in the gaming world now days, and should only remain on consoles!

What happened to the good old days of “Expansions” or official “Add-ons”…it’s all $2 DLC (indi game) this, $40 DLC (“AAA” game) that.

U know DLCs can be free too ?

• @ThaBadMan:

U know DLCs can be free too ?

Yeah, but generally they’re not.(95% of the time)

• Developer

The vast majority of our DLC will be free.

• @Tibberius:

The vast majority of our DLC will be free.

Awesome ! finally some real developpers that aren’t making pay everything. this game is going to be huge ! :D

• @Tibberius:

We built a lot of this backstory and lore of the world of Agatha with the intention of expanding upon it with prequels and sequels as well as expansions or DLC. We would love the opportunity to do this- but it only becomes a possibility for us if the initial release of chivalry is a success.

Amazing! I really hope you guys will get one of those big front pages on steam and not the lil’ squares. I’m telling my friends about the game :D
    One question: why does chivalry not have a page on steam store already? just curiosity, after all that would help on spreading the word about chivalry wouldn’t it?