Separate mouse sensitivities for ranged and melee

• Perhaps this has been suggested before, but I think a great addition to Chivalry would be separate mouse sensitivities in the config menu for ranged and melee weapons.

I’ve grown to like the archer, however the sensitivity for effective face-arrowing is much lower than my preferred melee sensitivity with non-archer classes. Thus when I pull out my secondary as archer, I tend to miss my blocks and attacks quite horribly the more I’ve been playing other classes.

• I would go even more, and add 3rd sensitivity or scaling coefficient for zoomed ranged.

• Just set a keybind for each one.

In the in-game console:

setbind i setsensitivity 30

setbind o setsensitivity 65

With your two desired keys and sensitivities.

• I have a mouse with buttons that do the same thing, however when I switch to melee as archer I already hit my 3rd person perspective key twice to go from first person view to third person centered view. I suppose I could just learn to hit a third button, but I would prefer to not have to hit three buttons each time I switch to melee as archer.

• The mouse menu needs an overhaul in general.

• @Bevbot:

I have a mouse with buttons that do the same thing, however when I switch to melee as archer I already hit my 3rd person perspective key twice to go from first person view to third person centered view. I suppose I could just learn to hit a third button, but I would prefer to not have to hit three buttons each time I switch to melee as archer.

You could bind a key that switches perspective AND changes sensitivity.

I believe that it might be done something like this:

setbind o setsensitivity 65 | behindview

• separating two commands on a keybind with “|” only seems to register the first command. Which is weird, because typing it in the console without binding it to a key DOES register both commands.

• I’m so glad you brought this up bevbot. I always have to cut my sensitivity in half when I switch to archer from melee so having separate sensitivities would be a BIG help to me and I’m sure many other players as well.