How do I unlock the flaming arrows on my server?

• Hi great game, awesome work!
    I was wondering if sum1 could tell me how to unlock the flaming arrows and edit a few other things for a custom server I am running, currently we are playing low gravity on all ffa and a few koth maps,the stock low grav is -520 but -200 is what we have been playing lately, this value gives us about a 15 ft jump.
    Much apprectiated if sum1 can pls help.Keep up the good work guys
    P.S. also is it possible to edit the amount of time it takes to load an arrow cause it seems really slow, and a recurve bow should be almost instant or 2 secs at the most not 5 secs like it is now

• @WARSAW:

Hi great game, awesome work!
    I was wondering if sum1 could tell me how to unlock the flaming arrows and edit a few other things for a custom server I am running, currently we are playing low gravity on all ffa and a few koth maps,the stock low grav is -520 but -200 is what we have been playing lately, this value gives us about a 15 ft jump.
    Much apprectiated if sum1 can pls help.Keep up the good work guys
    P.S. also is it possible to edit the amount of time it takes to load an arrow cause it seems really slow, and a recurve bow should be almost instant or 2 secs at the most not 5 secs like it is now

Hi there,

The flaming arrows is only in the offline game with bots. It’s not something that is available in multiplayer. Or I should say only the bots can use them, not us :>

• Mods.

• Dang lol, well what about game speed settings and flinch times etc
    Any chance u guys can make a list for us of what is changeable server side please

• Check the server hub section of the forums:

viewforum.php?f=72

• Ty, but no1 seems to of answered any of the questions ppl r asking about their servers!
    These are important parts of releasing a game. Telling ppl what can be done on their servers as well as how to do it dont ya think guys?
    Can we please have sum help from sum1 that actually knows whats possible with this games server options.
    MUCH APPRECIATED

• Have you tried looking in this forum?

viewforum.php?f=72

Plenty of good stickies as well as people who know their stuff.

• Yes, it’s possible to edit virtually every single timing in the game minus a couple related to shields that are currently hardcoded.

For Bow reload/draw times, you’ll want to search for (in UDKNewWeapon.ini):

WindupAnimations[0]=(AnimationName=3p_longbow_draw

ReloadAnimations[0]=(AnimationName=3p_longbow_reload

and edit

fAnimationLength=x.x

for each of the Shortbow, Longbow and Warbow.

• Thank you very much, ill give that a try.Much appreciated
    1 more thing,are the fire arrows really only for the bots or is this sumthing we can all have on a coop server?

• Currently for bots only.

• I edited those for the warbow but it didnt seem to do any thing for us humans,however the bots seem to be firing rapidly,like a mofo lol.there has to be sumthing else to it that im missing or doing wrong, ty for ur help Martin
    what about draw to idle ?
    equip up and equip down times ?
    do those need to be edited too ?

• @WARSAW:

…,the stock low grav is -520 but -200 is what we have been playing lately, this value gives us about a 15 ft jump.

In what config?

• its in the Server-UDKGame ini file

scroll down just a bit till u see this heading ===> [Engine.WorldInfo]

and then edit the line below it ===> DefaultGravityZ=-520.0

-200 will give u about a 15 ft high jump

-175 will give u about a 18-20 ft high jump
    ^^^^ is what im currently running

Martin im still waiting for sum help pls, if u get a chance, thanks

• I’ll look into it when I get a chance.

• Thanks Martin , it is killing me man, I dnt know why it would only change it for the bots and not us players, but they are definetly rapid firing the arrows, im so jealous of them,lol.

I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL YOUR HELP MARTIN THANKS MAN YOU ROCK!!!