Punishment for constant team killing

• Now, the occasional kill here and there is inevitable in packed melee fights. But there are moments where it’s likely some nab will sit inside the spawn room and either kill or severely damage his team mates.

I propose thus; if X number of team mates are killed or damaged for more than 10% of their health within a certain time period, the player is ‘demoted’ and must spend the remaining time of the match with nothing but their fists and no armour.

• I would prefer a much more simple system.

You get team killed, a screen similar to the votekick screen appears, Do you want to forgive “Name of the player who team killed you here”? You can choose Yes or No, if you choose Yes nothing happens, if you choose No that player has 1 team kill, when that player reaches X amount of team kills he gets kicked. The owner of the server can choose how many team kills are required to get kicked.

• @metrocop: like your idea! maybe this could also help mitigate the troll kickvote problem, if you simply show the tk stats along with the vote.

Something like:
    X initiated a kickvote against Y. Y has Z teamkills, of which A (damn, ran out of vars there) were forgiven.

• @carrion:

@metrocop: like your idea! maybe this could also help mitigate the troll kickvote problem, if you simply show the tk stats along with the vote.

Something like:
    X initiated a kickvote against Y. Y has Z teamkills, of which A (damn, ran out of vars there) were forgiven.

A combination of the current system with the one I explained? Sounds good to me.

• @Metrocop:

I would prefer a much more simple system.

You get team killed, a screen similar to the votekick screen appears, Do you want to forgive “Name of the player who team killed you here”? You can choose Yes or No, if you choose Yes nothing happens, if you choose No that player has 1 team kill, when that player reaches X amount of team kills he gets kicked. The owner of the server can choose how many team kills are required to get kicked.

@carrion:

@metrocop: like your idea! maybe this could also help mitigate the troll kickvote problem, if you simply show the tk stats along with the vote.

Something like:

Great ideas

• A friend of mine has just found out that he likes going rampage as a twohander-wielding Vanguard.

Unfortunately for me, this means that I get beheaded by him while trying to protect him on his rampages.

My suggestion to tone done the damage done by TKers is: handicap them!
    Implement a feature that automatically - and drastically - reduces a players’ damage output (towards friend and foe) after he has done X teamkills on a map.

Combine this with a display on their HUD that says ‘Your skills have been reduced as a result of excessive teamkilling. Please be more considerate towards other players when ramboing’.

But I would also find the additional TK count during kickvotes very helpful.

• This isn’t a new idea, a lot of games have this feature. Though it should also slay the person if voted not to forgive. I really dislike people who don’t apologies after team killing. If they get slayed, at least they can get some form of punishment till they get kicked later or if the server doesn’t want to kick at all.

admin setting decides how many team kills before being kicked & banned.

teamkill_slayonpunish 1 (0 for off)
    teamkill_count 3
    teamkill_ban_time 3 (minutes)

• @savas:

This isn’t a new idea, a lot of games have this feature. Though it should also slay the person if voted not to forgive. I really dislike people who don’t apologies after team killing.

Your post does a rather good job illustrating why this wouldn’t be a good idea. :D

• The punishment has to be a vote kick.

I would really appreciate knowing the number of TK’s in the last ten minutes prior to a vote kick. This can’t be too hard to arrange, can it?

• Maybe if you tk (a certain number of times) you respawn using the randomize button. It’s not that big of a punishment, but it’s something at least.

• enable mirrored damage. Done & done.

• @JHoersten2:

enable mirrored damage. Done & done.

That could work, but what if someone wants to grief and walks into friendly fire on purpose?

• @carrion:

@savas:

This isn’t a new idea, a lot of games have this feature. Though it should also slay the person if voted not to forgive. I really dislike people who don’t apologies after team killing.

Your post does a rather good job illustrating why this wouldn’t be a good idea. :D

Maybe to you… Only because you have no clue on what you’re talking about.

The idea that someone apologies means they understand and know they were not supposed to kill their teammate. If they don’t apologies; they either meant it or they are completely clueless and I would not forgive the team kill.

Slaying him back and allowing him to see that he will die if he kills a teammate, warns the new player to be more careful. And if he doesn’t care, it’s 1 strike to his name, before x amount of strikes till he gets kicked.

It’s much more effective than the votekick right now, so less people would be fooled into voting yes assuming it’s a team killer, instead it’s someone abusing the votekicking system.

• @savas:

@carrion:

@savas:

Maybe to you… Only because you have no clue on what you’re talking about.

The idea that someone apologies means they understand and know they were not supposed to kill their teammate. If they don’t apologies; they either meant it or they are completely clueless and I would not forgive the team kill.

Slaying him back and allowing him to see that he will die if he kills a teammate, warns the new player to be more careful. And if he doesn’t care, it’s 1 strike to his name, before x amount of strikes till he gets kicked.

It’s much more effective than the votekick right now, so less people would be fooled into voting yes assuming it’s a team killer, instead it’s someone abusing the votekicking system.

I have no clue what I’m talking about? Do you think the concept you’re proposing is rocket science?
    Apologies are a nice gesture, but you can’t possibly expect one immediately after every TK.
    If someone runs into my stab while i’m still surrounded by 2 or more enemies, i would never stop to type a text message or x+7.
    These things happen. Stop being so eintitled.

• No… You stop being entitled… Who said immediately? Quote me exactly where I said immediately or even suggested anything remotely to immediately?

If it’s not rocket science, why am I having to explain every little detail for you? Wasn’t it clear enough when I said; “I really dislike…” that I was talking about my personal policy on when I would forgive? Was it really necessary of me to mention that I also would wait till they die or finish their combat before waiting for an apology?

You went ahead and quoted me and didn’t even finish my paragraph and now you put words in my sentences. You’re illustrating it all yourself and why mention the fact that mistaken team-kills will not be forgiven? Of course “things happen”, who said anything about things not happening? And by things, you mean accidental team-kills. How is that even not obvious that people will forgive if your “stab” was the result of your team-mate walking in front of the enemies? And how exactly does that right now stop them from starting a votekick on you right now? Your logic is just flawed.

Anyway, like I said, you don’t know what you’re talking about. I’ve exhausted all your arguments, and not because of some personal vendetta, but so people don’t assume this is flawed. I suggest you go away, because clearly you have no room to argue, other than making things up or bringing up things with biased viewpoints, just so it can seem like you have a point.

For others:

I suggested slaying be a server option, so some servers can allow the players to slay, while some servers could take the passive approach and simply trigger a vote kick after a certain amount of unforgiven votes and not have the slaying option.

• Slaying works best on teaching new players to fear the team-kill.
    • Having certain amount of unforgives means serial team-killers get kicked from servers without players having to start votes and dus server admins can remove votekicks and avoid people abusing it or have it there for people purposely trying to get team-killed to kick people. It’s not perfect, but it’s damn well better than the current method. It’s why so many other games have this method of dealing with team kills.

• It wouldn’t matter anyway if my stab was forgiven or not since you want the option to slay everyone who does a teamkill regardless of forgiveness. And if you dislike the word “immediately” so much, i can do without it.

Apologies are a nice gesture, but you can’t possibly expect one after every TK.

Better?

• No… Not better. Honestly, can’t you read??

@savas:

Though it should also slay the person if voted not to forgive.

Isn’t it clear enough? When you choose to not forgive someone, you’re essentially believing they did it on purpose. Whether the result is a slaying or striking them as a team-killer.

• @savas:

No… Not better. Honestly, can’t you read??

@savas:

Though it should also slay the person if voted not to forgive.

Isn’t it clear enough? When you choose to not forgive someone, you’re essentially believing they did it on purpose. Whether the result is a slaying or striking them as a team-killer.

You’re right, I can’t read anymore. It’s 4am here, I blame it on that.
    My point remains: Immediate slaying of a TKer just because the killed player feels he needs to be punished for whatever reason wouldn’t work. Because people are mad when they get killed. Or they’re mad because they didn’t get an apology. Or they simply had a bad day. Forgiveness would be the exception on pubs. The same problem as with the mirror damage.