I have a MMOARPG dream…..

• ^^ while im talking with a friend @ skype:

he) blablabla , allways this boring PvP in MMORPG’s , WoW…
    me) i know… CTF… cature the this and that on small maps… boring
    he) sure…
    me) i would Chivalry PVP in MMORPGs !

here’s the idea :P

mmoarpg ? action rpg ? xD …

with 3rd person cam likes World of Warcraft
    rading… PVE content , dragons… (maybe Game of Thrones licence)

and PVP Mode in this MMO is like Chivalry,
    Ego Cam with pur skills
    you take your equipe from PVE content into PvP
    you find a new sword and take it to the battlefield
    the same with hunter , bow… dagger …
    and more

with frontiers, likes GuildWars2 or Dark Age of Camelot, with capture and defend Castle

what do you guys say ?

• I would play that if they had city building, crafting, etc. Combat makes or breaks a mmorpg, and I can honestly say that the combat in Chivalry is the best melee pvp I’ve ever played.

• Would be cool (you may want to take a look at elder scrolls online), but isn’t going to happen from Torn Banner anytime soon.(most likely never but I’m no TB employee so I dan’t speak for them^^). MMOs require a shitton of money and people to make, TB has neither of these. So even if they wanted, they couldn’t.

MMO also suffer a common problem: pings.
    With many players in a big persistent world, a combat system based around tenths of a second (and even less) has issues. I already have problems with my blocks above 100 ping. While I would LOVE to see a CMW combatlike MMO, this not going to happen soon, or maybe ever :(

• Aye would be a long awaited dream of mine but falc is right not going to happen and not possible with todays technic of weapontracking and other.

• “If you change the meaning of words slightly, a new creation can be invented accidentally.
    Even when everyone thought it impossible.” There is hope still.

• What’s the “A” stand for?

• @Daiyuki:

What’s the “A” stand for?

Apples!

• So it will only be available on Macs? Hmm…

A stands for Action!

• If this became an MMORPG with decent content and lots to do, it would dominate the MMO genre entirely. Torn Banner had better hurry up if thats where they want to go, because Elder Scrolls Online isn’t going to be too far away.

• I would love to see Chivalry’s (or at least Mount&Blade’s) combat in a MMORPG but apparently no one gets this done the right way. I think it’s possible to get action combat in a MMO of massive scale. I mean, look at PlanetSide2… massive real-time warfare with guns, tanks planes etc… How hard can it be to do the same for a sword fighting genre?

Don’t know where you get this idea from that the elder scrolls online is going to have a cool fighting mechanic. They said it will be comparable to Skyrim but also have some targeting mechanic similar to other MMORPGs.
    And now look at Skyrim: all you can do is LMB spam and block. Pretty sure that combat in eso will not be about who (player wise) has the most skills but rather whose character has gathered the most stuff.

• alright i think this needs an example (maybe my english is fucked up and im retarded or something)

go www.mortalonline.com they tried something like this and horribly failed. bugs everywhere, desolate map, horrible graphics (meaning that there is no fucking detail in 200 sq km, its just plain dirttexture) and a weapontracking fo retards.

like i said this is not possible with todays technical shit.

sorry to say that i wish it was different, tornbanner rocks.

• Just because Mortal Online failed doesn’t make it impossible. Afaik is StarVault an indie studio. Graphics weren’t that bad either.

PlanetSide2 is a good counter example that it’s very well possible.

• sorry sir but guns are no counter to swords.

swordtracking is (as far as i know) far more costy then some random guns.
    Well if you can name me only one good game which has this realistic combat and still runs quite smooth on like clan vs clan fights on a normal pc (or maybe at all).

btw i play it too and one of the things i really hate is that erryone takes shitloads of dmg before they go down.

• @Thorendir:

Well if you can name me only one good game which has this realistic combat and still runs quite smooth on like clan vs clan fights on a normal pc (or maybe at all).

As a MMO? No… that’s what we’re asking for here.
    Apart from that M&B.

btw i play it too and one of the things i really hate is that erryone takes shitloads of dmg before they go down.

That’s intentional. It was even more so in Planetside1.

• the reason why there is non, and we are all asking for a good one is:

It is not possible. Nuff said

• The reason why one isn’t made even tho its possible, is because everyone who can… DOESENT WANT TO. they just want to make money. pretty simple concept.

• @Thorendir:

the reason why there is non, and we are all asking for a good one is:

It is not possible. Nuff said

Don’t spill out garbage like that unless your a game designer with some experience.
    Mortal online was the first UDK game to utilize Atlas server technologies making UDK
    officially able to support networking requirements for an MMO.
    Having had said that, i wish to just add that there are other solutions and ways around if an indie team lets say doe sent have enough funding for atlas server technologies or some mega server solution.
    My indie team for one will be using 64 server caps to keep provinces in our game mod, low-mid populated yet still interesting and able to hold enough players for 20 man raids if need be (late game)

If you ever played a massive survivalist game like day-z/war-z you would know that a few dozen square kilometers doesn’t mean 50 people can hide in that province without you bumping into the odd group here and there, every 15 god damn minutes an interaction is expected in my opinion.
    So dont even think MMO thousands of players.(that’s millions of dollars)
    THINK dozens to maybe 64 players, in one large fucking streamed level.
    IF chivalry got rid of game modes, streamed every map they had together, then spent a day connecting the environments up , we could well be playing an open world chivalry that promotes
    clan warfare and conquest.
    But they didn’t because it takes allot of balls to know weather something like that will work.
    Not to mention alot of work on the AI.
    Torn banner has worked so hard already to clean up the AI and improve them so we can have a solid bassis to work with for our own mods.
    So in a way modding an mmorpg for this game is easier and more possible then just creating anything else from scratch.