Certain attacks lacking hit registration

• I’d like to report a really annoying gameplay bug that has plagued me for some time.

Sometimes when playing the game, the hit registration on some attacks of a weapon doesn’t work. This means if this bug occurs, certain attacks of my weapon will pass through players without dealing any damage. For example, I can stab right through people with nothing happening yet overhead strikes and swings will act normal. The bug can also affect multiple attacks of a weapon but I never had all three attacks being buggy like this. Stab seems to be the most frequent.

The faulty attack will still bounce off walls and make blood spurt from corpses.

I am 100% sure this was not due to lag or me simply not hitting the other player because I once got this bug on a duel server and was able to test it with my opponents standing perfectly still. All of them stated that they saw the weapon pass right through them.

For the most time I have this bug with the sword of war which I use the most. Changing from 1-hand to 2-hand, the 2-hand setup works normal sometimes, sometimes the same attack won’t register, sometimes a different attack.

Respawning and re-equipping the class does not fix this bug, only changing server or game restart does.

The bug occurred in different game modes, sometimes right from the start of the game, sometimes later on.

I was not able to recreate this bug upon trying, sadly. But it happened to me multiple times, though most of the time the game and the weapon works fine.

Sadly, I do not have any video proof. If anyone else has experienced this I would be glad to hear about it.

• So, nobody else has experienced this? I couldnt find it on the bug list.

• I’m searching for a solution to this problem also. It seems to affect most 1h stabs, charge attacks with spears, and spear scroll up. I’ll post here if I find one, or if someone could give me a temp fix somewhere, somehow.

For me, I was playing Vanguard with Brandistock, and used scroll up on some guy twice, passing through his shield not doing anything. I switched to MAA Broadsword, stabbed an archer twice, same thing. Then I stabbed an ally Vanguard, and it hurt him. I said I was sorry, and that I’d google this shit. Working on it, very frustrating.

• Ok, so it’s working now. Here’s what I did between then and now, all which could potentially be a fix;
    Closed client
    Posted on forums
    ~30 minutes after closing client, I turned Client back on
    was in windowed mode instead of full screen
    Note: This bug has periodically affected me every… 2 weeks or so maybe.

• Moving this to Bug Forum. Please follow up and let us know if you’re still having problems. Keep in mind that sometimes if you are hit during your windup phase, your animation will continue to play even though you are accurately interrupted.

• I’ve seen this happen the other way around to. People take a swing at me and I think “fuck its gonna get me” but it just passes right through me. Dealing no damage.

• This bug is happening to me right now. It’s the second time, I’ll record that for you.

Edit: Only happening with Norse sword.

Additional information: It’s not happening on all servers, only on one. You join server A, everything is fine. Play, Norse sword buggy, join server B, everything is fine. Join back to server A, problem is still there.

Edit2: It’s uploading right now but I have to go shopping. http://youtu.be/gtOuAbTYnvA

• This sort of thing happens to me constantly! I cant get a freeking kill! I am very sick of this glitch fest! I chop people in the back of the head and get nothing! I seem to slice through people all the time and im always the one to die! This game has not given me any joy! Looks great but plays like crap! I dont feel like its a bug, it seems to be a constant thing for me, I cant hit anything! If the sword or whatever hits someone it should deal damage! I play using sight so if what I see doesnt count then im not waisting anymore time with this. I want to have a good time with it but after many hours im just plain sick of the glitchy game play! Please do something about it! I PAYED FOR THIS GAME THE DAY IT WAS RELEASED! I have yet to have one good game!

• @Tecno357:

This sort of thing happens to me constantly! I cant get a freeking kill! I am very sick of this glitch fest! I chop people in the back of the head and get nothing! I seem to slice through people all the time and im always the one to die! This game has not given me any joy! Looks great but plays like crap! I dont feel like its a bug, it seems to be a constant thing for me, I cant hit anything! If the sword or whatever hits someone it should deal damage! I play using sight so if what I see doesnt count then im not waisting anymore time with this. I want to have a good time with it but after many hours im just plain sick of the glitchy game play! Please do something about it! I PAYED FOR THIS GAME THE DAY IT WAS RELEASED! I have yet to have one good game!

If you make a video of your gameplay I’ll be sure to analyze it, point out the bugs and throw out some friendly help.

• @Tecno357:

This sort of thing happens to me constantly! I cant get a freeking kill! I am very sick of this glitch fest! I chop people in the back of the head and get nothing! I seem to slice through people all the time and im always the one to die! This game has not given me any joy! Looks great but plays like crap! I dont feel like its a bug, it seems to be a constant thing for me, I cant hit anything! If the sword or whatever hits someone it should deal damage! I play using sight so if what I see doesnt count then im not waisting anymore time with this. I want to have a good time with it but after many hours im just plain sick of the glitchy game play! Please do something about it! I PAYED FOR THIS GAME THE DAY IT WAS RELEASED! I have yet to have one good game!

Please specify what ping you’re playing with.