Improve / Fix the server browser.

• The server browser is extremely buggy and lacking in functionality. Here are some of the things which are wrong with it.

• cant view game mode without filtering
    • the friend tab doesn’t work
    • joining a friend’s game through the steam interface doesn’t work unless the game is closed
    • the lack of a queue system makes joining specific servers extremely difficult
    • the player count gives a false readout for many servers (32 man servers with 3 players displaying as full)

I feel that the server list should be bought up to an acceptable industry standard before any balancing or additional content is produced for the core game. It’s issues detract from the overall polish of the product and are extremely frustrating to work around as anyone who has attempted to play with a friend can testify.

• Yes I completely agree. This is the worst part of the game atm. for me, it just makes me sick when I join a 32/32 server and find out that there are only 2 players. Really.

• @SirKitty:

The server browser is extremely buggy and lacking in functionality. Here are some of the things which are wrong with it.

• cant view game mode without filtering
    • the friend tab doesn’t work
    • joining a friend’s game through the steam interface doesn’t work unless the game is closed
    • the lack of a queue system makes joining specific servers extremely difficult
    • the player count gives a false readout for many servers (32 man servers with 3 players displaying as full)

I feel that the server list should be bought up to an acceptable industry standard before any balancing or additional content is produced for the core game. It’s issues detract from the overall polish of the product and are extremely frustrating to work around as anyone who has attempted to play with a friend can testify.

Use search option, this problem is well known for devs and they’re working on it.

• It’s just mind blowing how the game got released without a fully working server browser.

I mean, I can understand weird glitches, balance issues and bugs on specific hardware configurations that slip through any QA Torn Banner did, but not the server browser issues. I mean, aren’t they using “template” code available through the Unreal and Steamworks APIs?

Come to think of it, other Unreal 3 engine based games had buggy server browsers. Red Orchestra comes to mind. Back in the day game boxes had “32 PLAYER INTENSE MULTIPLAYER” as a feature, nowadays it’s gonna be “Working server browser” and we’re gonna be all like “fuck yeah!”.

Really hope TB gets this sorted out. I usually play on a couple of community servers so the bad browser isn’t affecting me that badly but once in a while when I wanna join a random server I feel like making a rage comic out of it.