About custom content (scripts ,weapons, characters)

• Hello all. I am tottally new on this game . As I understand that this game is under UDK engine? I am fammilar with ut_2004 engine (yep Killing Floor) and there are many custom scripts-Mutators ,custom weapons and etc. Is it possible to make like custom GameType, creating Mutators or implenting new stuff like weapons ,characters?Also are there any sourcecode for this game (example ut2004 engine Killing floor). By the way is it true that it only supports servers for only Windows platform ,but Linux not? (only with wine would work?) ,because I am thinking of making custom/vannila servers. Thank you for your anwsers in advance :)

• Hi dinamix,

This game uses the Unreal Engine 3 (Killing Floor is on the Unreal Engine 2.5).

Theoretically you will be able to make any kind of gametype, mutators, or custom content (unless the Dev staff chooses to limit that, which I highly doubt). When the mod tools are released, you will have plenty of example code and content to play with.

@dinamix:

By the way is it true that it only supports servers for only Windows platform ,but Linux not? (only with wine would work?) ,because I am thinking of making custom/vannila servers. Thank you for your anwsers in advance :)

Right now there is only a Windows binary for the dedicated server. So either Windows or Wine is needed to run it.