[SOLVED] Game startup crash

• Hello,

I really like to try playing this game, but everytime I start Chivalry, the loading screens come and after that, the Intro (“Torn Banner Studios”) starts for 1-2 secounds, then the Game crashes.

I have Windows 8
    AMD Bulldozer 8120
    8GB DDR3
    Sapphire ATI Radeon HD6970

I think the game should work properly with that hardware.
    I deleted the settings-folder in “Documents”, and repaired NetFX.
    I installed all the needed extra Software (DirectX, NetFramework and Visual C++ Redistri. x64)
    I payd a lot of money, and I am really interested in this game, but can’t figure out why it is not working, so please help me.

EDIT:
    Okay, did a reinstallation. The first time i started the game i got a sick bluescreen, but a bit later I tried it again and now it works.

So if anybody get this kind of error, there is the easiest solution:
    1. Delete the game complete (Check in /Steam/Steamapps that Chivalry folder is delete, and in /Documents/My Games/ too)
    2. Download again from Steam (I know it sucks)
    3. verify the game cache
    4. start the game for at least 3 before posting again ;).

Greetz Kurdy

• /push

• Please attach your DxDiag.txt and the latest .dmp file from Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Logs.

• Okay, the two requested files are in the attachement of this post. They are as new as this post ;).

And here is a video, of how the crash looks like:
    http://www.vidup.de/v/jtJbV/

• No solution yet?

• /push

• I have pretty much the same issue (well sort of, the game just hangs here, it doesn’t really crash). It works for me if i end the game and then try again. After 3-4 tries, sometimes less it launches and then runs fine.
    If i delete the chivalry dir in /my games i can launch it every time but doing this reverts all the custom settings (it comes up in windowed mode).

I’ve no idea if just trying it multiple times works for you, it does for me.

• I can try it multiple times, but it won’t work.

I also deleted the Chivalry-Dir in Documents.

I found this in the Log:

! ! [0029.15] Log: Initializing Engine... ! [0029.15] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'ApexDestructibleDamageParameters UDK_APEXDamageMap.UDKDamageMap': Failed to find object 'ApexDestructibleDamageParameters UDK_APEXDamageMap.UDKDamageMap' ! [0029.15] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'PostProcessChain CHV_PPC_Pack.PostProcessChain.ChivPostProcess_noToneMap': Failed to find object 'PostProcessChain CHV_PPC_Pack.PostProcessChain.ChivPostProcess_noToneMap' ! [0029.15] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'PostProcessChain CHV_PPC_Pack.PostProcessChain.ChivPostProcess_noToneMap': Failed to find object 'PostProcessChain CHV_PPC_Pack.PostProcessChain.ChivPostProcess_noToneMap' ! [0029.15] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'PostProcessChain CHV_PPC_Pack.PostProcessChain.ChivPostProcess_noToneMap': Failed to find object 'PostProcessChain CHV_PPC_Pack.PostProcessChain.ChivPostProcess_noToneMap' !

and later in the Log this:

! ! [0030.71] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'PostProcessChain CHV_PPC_Pack.PostProcessChain.ChivPostProcess_noToneMap': Failed to find object 'PostProcessChain CHV_PPC_Pack.PostProcessChain.ChivPostProcess_noToneMap' ! [0030.71] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'PostProcessChain CHV_PPC_Pack.PostProcessChain.ChivPostProcess_noToneMap': Failed to find object 'PostProcessChain CHV_PPC_Pack.PostProcessChain.ChivPostProcess_noToneMap' ! [0030.71] Log: LocalPlayer 0 - Failed to setup default post process... ! [0030.72] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.' ! [0030.72] Warning: Warning, Failed to find object 'Class None.' ! [0030.72] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Cla !

He just interrupt while writing the script. I have no clue about programming, but I think it breaks because some Data is not load correctly? So there must be a solution with fixing the Data or giving other permissions.

But I already scan the integrity of the files from steam 2 times without any error.

• After I checked my logs again, I recognized, that there is some different it is in the attachement.

I will try delete the corrupt data, fix it by steam and post if it works.

EDIT:
    After that, it is the same mistake like in the Logs before.
    Please, write a debug program or something similar so user can easily found out why the game is not running =(.

Still waiting for a working solution.

• @Kurdy:

After I checked my logs again, I recognized, that there is some different it is in the attachement.

I will try delete the corrupt data, fix it by steam and post if it works.

EDIT:
    After that, it is the same mistake like in the Logs before.
    Please, write a debug program or something similar so user can easily found out why the game is not running =(.

Still waiting for a working solution.

The log file shows a SHA error. Have you tried this from the READ FIRST: Known Issues post?

My game crashes without any error! (or an error talking about the SHA)
    First, right click on Chivalry: Medieval Warfare in your games list and hit properties.
    Then go to Local Files and "Verify Integrity of game cache"
    Try running the game.

If your game still crashes, go to
    My Documents\My Games\ and delete the “Chivalry Medieval Warfare” folder.
    Then try running the game again.

Finally, try launching the executable (UDK.exe, in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Win32 or wherever you installed it) directly. Make sure Steam is running while you do so. If there’s an error about a DLL, proceed to the “I can’t start the game. When I try to start UDK.exe directly,…” problem below.

• Hello again,

thanks for your help.

I tried some fixes already, but for safety I used all the fixes that might be help.

-I tried again to delete the Chivalry folder in My Documents, that did not worked
    -I tried to start UDK.exe and UDKGAME.exe in the binary folder manually (while steam was running)
    -I tried to run the UDKGAME-Win32-Debug but get always an Error: “Failed to find file for package Core for async preloading”
    -I tried all the Launch-Options for steam like resx, resy, windowed and borderless in all possibillities
    -I tried the Steam option “Verify Integrity of game cache” but it told everything is perfect.

• I got one start a different log, it is the same except these lines:

! ! [0006.17] Log: Incomplete cached shader map for material CharPortrait, quality 0, compiling. ! [0006.17] Log: Can't compile CharPortrait with seekfree loading path on console, will attempt to use default material instead ! [0006.17] Warning: Warning, Failed to compile Material UI_HUD.Materials.CharPortrait for platform PC-D3D-SM3, Default Material will be used in game. !

I think I tried all the stuff. At least I am not even able to run the Debugger. I will delete Chivalry and completely reinstall it, maybe there is some corrupt data steam can not find.

I will post about the result.
    If anybody find a solution, please post it ;).

• @Kurdy:

I think I tried all the stuff. At least I am not even able to run the Debugger. I will delete Chivalry and completely reinstall it, maybe there is some corrupt data steam can not find.

I will post about the result.
    If anybody find a solution, please post it ;).

After reinstalling, verify the game cache through Steam to be doubly sure.

• Okay, did a reinstallation. The first time i started the game i got a sick bluescreen, but a bit later I tried it again and now it works.

So if anybody get this kind of error, there is the easiest solution:
    1. Delete the game complete (Check in /Steam/Steamapps that Chivalry folder is delete, and in /Documents/My Games/ too)
    2. Download again from Steam (I know it sucks)
    3. verify the game cache
    4. start the game for at least 3 before posting again ;).

Greetz Kurdy

Thanks for all the help,
    please close this Thread.

• I’m glad that it works for you now! See you on the battlefield. :k1: