Vote kick… remove it?

• vote kicking has started to become a real problem… people that are team killing almost never get kicked and people that are really good at the game gets kicked almost every time they join a server… i was just on a server playing and a guy on the other team was getting a lot of kills and ofc he got vote kicked and then on same server but on next match there was a guy trying to team kill me 3 times so i started a votekick vs him and he got about 80% NO and right after that he starts a vote kick on me and i get kicked with 87 % YES… this no longer works! remove votekick people are ONLY abusing it and dont use it for what it is for…

• Team killing is the majority of vote kicking I’ve seen at 15 hours played, as I just got it, and “really good at the game” =/= “lot of kills”, typically they will vote kick people who are dagger spamming or appear to be cheating somehow, like I saw a guy get hit five times by a zweihander and he was kicked shortly after, cheap players and cheaters in essence.

When someone TKs you or tries to you have to say so before, I assume you didn’t, or the vote kick will seem strange, if it’s a clan server then that may be the status quo in abusing non-clanners and I’d avoid that server.

In any case my experience has been the opposite and I fully support vote kick.

• So you want to change the game based on player actions.

NOPE.

Votekick does it’s job - it’s the players who are abusing it. Admins of such servers need to admin their servers instead of devs removing good features from the game.

If everyone chooses to keep the alleged “team killer” and kick you, that’s their decision. Working as intended.

• As annoying as votekicking is at times, I do agree with JHoersten2 that it does what was originally intended. Perhaps it can be tweaked a bit, but for the most part, it’s there for a reason. Individual server owners can also make it admin-only, so only the admins can initiate the votekick. But admins can’t be on all the time, thus the reason why the votekick is usually there at all times.

If you see _extreme _abuse of the votekick on the official servers, go on our steam group and see if you can contact one of us. Remember only on the official servers as we can’t do anything on the private servers.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/chivmod

• If the voekick does not result as you expected then perhaps your interpretation of events or player in question needs adjusting.

• you could apply in the server filter to filter out servers that allow votekick… i think this would be a good fix for players like me that are getting vote kicked for just getting a lot of kills? or as many times when i start a vote to kick a team killer and I get kicked cus all of his friends vote on kicking me cus i want to kick their team killing friend.

• So your solution to people teamkilling and not getting kicked is to disallow kicking entirely? Brilliant!

• Most failed kicks are due to a lack of communication or an insufficient number of witnesses. Explain your nominations beforehand and only after you’re sure people are aware of the offense.

I’ve never seen someone kicked for being too good so far, which is surprising.

• @AmateuS:

you could apply in the server filter to filter out servers that allow votekick… i think this would be a good fix for players like me that are getting vote kicked for just getting a lot of kills? or as many times when i start a vote to kick a team killer and I get kicked cus all of his friends vote on kicking me cus i want to kick their team killing friend.

Also a good way for hackers to pick their targets.

I’d rather that a few people get annoyed by unjustified kicks than a whole server annoyed by an unkickable hacker.

• Votekick abuse vs good use is 50/50 for me.
    But I’ve been running into another votekick abuse which I find more alarming. I have come accross 2-3 official servers which were captured by a few people votekicking everyone who joined. This is realy annoying and there is no way to counter it.

• @restinpieces:

Votekick abuse is 50/50 for me.
    But I’ve been running into another votekick abuse which I find more alarming. I have come accross 2-3 official servers which were captured by a few people votekicking everyone who joined. This is realy annoying and there is no way to counter it.

Yes there is! Join our Moderator’s steam group. You have direct instant contact with mods. We will go in there and put an end to it. Because you can’t votekick an ADMIN! Click my sig for more details.

• Aha ok, didn’t know that. I’ll try that next time. Thank you.

• Just leave in last seconds of vote and reconnect after vote ends. You wont get kicked.

• Remove votekick??? Mmmm…. That might not be the best idea… Yes, I have seen my fair share of votekick abuse, including Myself getting kicked for being “too good” and trollers or TKers winning over voters and getting the honest man kicked… But, alas, If votekicking was removed, how would we get rid of the the REAL problems in these servers? Hackers, trollers, tkers etc… Admins cannot be on at all hours, and not all servers even HAVE admins unless you contact the Moderators group…

So removing votekick??? Meh… Probably not gonna happen :P

DaRk | Humblar Tabulu

• @JHoersten2:

So you want to change the game based on player actions.

NOPE.

Votekick does it’s job - it’s the players who are abusing it. Admins of such servers need to admin their servers instead of devs removing good features from the game.

If everyone chooses to keep the alleged “team killer” and kick you, that’s their decision. Working as intended.

Have to agree with that even if it happened to me several times :(

But then I think, screw them, I do not want to play with such people anyway.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Just leave in last seconds of vote and reconnect after vote ends. You wont get kicked.

It does ban your IP for that session even if you leave before vote ends.

• @Blackjack:

@rumpelstiltskin:

Just leave in last seconds of vote and reconnect after vote ends. You wont get kicked.

Nope, I did it hundreds times.

• They don’t need to remove it. It just needs tweaking slightly so it isn’t so easy to vote yes. Right now a lot of people will just go “why not” and vote yes because it takes just as much effort to vote no and they aren’t affected at all by the outcome regardless of their choice so to them.
    I think it would work it they made it so it took multiple people starting a vote using a menu to trigger it showing up for the whole server. That way people won’t be able to just start a vote against someone they’re annoyed at, and people can communicate with others in the server to start a vote against someone who actually deserves it for whatever reason. It could still be abused by multiple griefers joining a server and singling people out to call votes on, but it would be a lot harder to do than the current system.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

@Blackjack:

@rumpelstiltskin:

Nope, I did it hundreds times.

And in my experience it is the complete opposite, weird.

• Being able to constanly change your name to me is one of the main issues, this encourages trollings,abuse and tking. Having One name per class, or just one name peroid will make people behave themselves alot more imo.