Fists - why do we even need weapons

• When you can just use fists and destroy everyone?

What is the point of having a weapon when an unarmed person can just run up and constantly hit you?

I can’t back up fast enough to get out of reach, its just constant punch after punch.

• Just parry them and beat them back. Fists are not strong at all, as you’ll need 4-5 hits to kill anyone.
    Walk backwards and use your own weapon to constantly punish them and they’ll fall like wheat to your scythe.

• @Ulven:

Walk backwards and use your own weapon to constantly punish them

Does not work for me, I am constantly struck and constantly flinching.

• You just need some practice at parrying their quick strikes. I had the same problem when I started the game, every time I attempted to parry them they’d hit me, but after a while I got better at doing it. Now people who use fists almost never hit me unless they suddenly charge in from behind or the sides flailing while I’m fighting someone else.

Perhaps you could get a friend to spar with you on an empty server?

• Flinch doesn’t prevent you from parrying. Also, fists cannot block weapons, so just attacking them first will work as well. Make sure you don’t let them bait you into missing a swing or you’ll have problems.

Fists are in the game precisely to cause the kind of frustration that spawns threads like this, by the way. They’re an entertaining way for veteran players to run around punching less experienced players to death. Trust me when I say if these players had been using weapons you’d have had a much worse time.

• If you can’t beat 'em, join 'em. I was playing some TO the other day and just about my whole team started using fists and dominated the other team. It was hilarious and a lot of fun. 1 vs 1 dealing with fists isn’t bad, but 2 or more and you’re pretty much screwed.

• … not to forget that fists enables a effective way to deal with trolls on duel servers. They tend to abandon the game after two or three rounds of gang fisting :)

I find unarmed combat to be well implemented in the game.

• Hahahahaha, people will literally complain about anything huh?

Though a fisting gangbang certainly doesn’t sound nice mister poster above me… -Cringes-

• Ranged Weapons- Why Even Have Legs?

I say we remove archers’ legs. (Forcefully, of course)

• If you are having trouble fending off a fister while you are using a weapon you need more practice!

Practice practice practice

• The ease with which unarmed boxers can hammer people, and block (glitch?) does make it all a bit of a joke.

How about only having ‘unarmed boxing’ for the low armour mob?

• @Hidden:

The ease with which unarmed boxers can hammer people, and block (glitch?) does make it all a bit of a joke.

How about only having ‘unarmed boxing’ for the low armour mob?

They definitely cannot block you. And as long as you don’t panic, you’ll just eat a single 20 damage attack, parry the next one (the combo time is still so long you can easily see it coming - in fact most of the time I punch people to death who try to block me, it’s because they expect fists to be super fast and parry too early), and kill them. Funny you think only the light armored class (assuming you mean MaA here - archer has lighter armor but he isn’t well known for punching people) should be the one capable of punching you, because he’s actually the best class for it, since he can still dodge despite not being able to block.

• I agree with what you are saying for the most part, but the reason I suggested the lighter armoured classes is simply because it makes them more fragile. That said, however, I’ve only seen punching used successfully in mass FFA games (and I admint my experience is limited), and only by knights or vanguard build characters.

The blocking thing does happen - it’s bugged. Regardless of anything else: Bug = Problem = Needs a fix. Unless it’s raised, there isn’t much hoped it will ever get fixed.

• @Hidden:

The blocking thing does happen - it’s bugged. Regardless of anything else: Bug = Problem = Needs a fix. Unless it’s raised, there isn’t much hoped it will ever get fixed.

I’ve never seen a weapon get blocked by fists nor have I ever heard anyone else but you say that they’ve experienced it. Could you recreate the scenario? Was it a specific weapon you used which got blocked?

• Kick the boxer then do a stabby-stab then a swing.

The kick will interupt his blows, the stab will make him flinch and the LMB will demonstrate who’s boss.

• Burden of proof is on you in regards to fists blocking weapons. I have never seen it nor heard about it before now.

• As an avid boxer who loves to duel vs weapon on dueling server (it is hard convincing people to use their weapon…) I’ll give you some tips on how to defend and defeat boxers. I do hope FISTS OF FURY don’t put a hit out on me for this…

1. Their fists do significantly less damage to you then your weapon. So don’t try and parry every punch, wear a punch in order to set yourself up for your hit or better time a parry for the next punch.

2. If you trade blows with a boxer, you will win. They will avoid this.

3. Don’t bother to feint, they are not going to block/parry your hits anyway.

4. Their jab is an opener, if they hit you with a jab, expect a follow up hit. Generally a good boxer will only hit 1 or 2 times before getting back out of range of your weapon.
    If you LMB spam, particularly with a slower weapon (2hander) you will eventually get a hit out which can often kill a MAA boxer as such they will generally hit once or twice and back out. Unless they are going in for the final 3 punches.

5. A good boxer will be aiming to hit your between swings, they can only do that if you swing. As such an effect counter to a boxer is to NOT swing at them unless you parry a punch or you are definitely going to hit.

6. Always combo your first hit, they can’t block/parry. If your second swing misses they will dodge back into range for a jab, parry it and counter.

7. I say again, if you find yourself getting hammered with a large combo of punches the boxer has decided you are not much of a threat and he can get away with sloppy boxing. This is most likely because you gave him a massive opening by, yet again, swinging without a hit.

• The fact that anyone needs tips for dealing with a “boxer” is hilarious.

• A good boxer can be quite threatening. A MAA boxer that is, you need doge.

• @Toll:

A good boxer can be quite threatening. A MAA boxer that is, you need doge.

Nah. That’s a good player who happens not to be using weapons.