Headbutt!

• Just had a crazy idea, someone tell me if it’s feasible plz. :)
    If you hit an enemies head with your own head, like with a bow-jump, would it be possible for that hit to cause a bit of daze (both) & damage (target)?
    I don’t wanna turn 1on1s into headbanging contests of course, just wondering. ;)

• I don’t see any possible way how this would work. Do you forgot helmets?

• Do you mean some sort of collision damage?

I love the idea of sprinting into objects actually hurting or dazing you. It would be hilarious to watch someone accidently run into a tree and knock themselves out

^Even while wearing helmets you’re still susceptible to concussions. It’s not rare for NFL players to get knocked out even in all their protective gear

• @Wolf:

I love the idea of sprinting into objects actually hurting or dazing you. It would be hilarious to watch someone accidently run into a tree and knock themselves out

The game would have to be called Chivalry: Medieval Slapstick then. :D Especially on a laggy server there wouldn’t be any fights anymore because everybody would ‘teleport’-run into some world objects. Although it would be incredibly fun to watch, I don’t recommend anything like that.

• @Wolf:

Do you mean some sort of collision damage?

^Even while wearing helmets you’re still susceptible to concussions. It’s not rare for NFL players to get knocked out even in all their protective gear

tripping over a branch while back paddling, ready to be finished :)

• Lets add take downs and rear naked choke too !

• -Brilliant idea. Headbutts are effective!!!

Charging headbutt would be awesome too!!! Just remember you’d be staring at the ground though so you wouldn’t be able to see where you’re going and you’d be presenting your neck for decapitation :)
    -Weaponbutt would be awesome as well. As an alternative to kick, it could be less effective but faster and less risky then kick

• My heavily-armored enemy is approaching, weapon in hand, ready to cut me to ribbons . My only chance of survival is the finely-crafted steel in my my hand, glimmering in the sunlight. It’s not like I need that sh*t though. I throw the sword into the dirt and charge at my enemy full speed, shouting “FOR THE GLORY OF AGATHA!!!” I lower my head. Impact. My head breaks his blocking weapon in half and then continues to smash his breastplate and crush his ribs. In a matter of seconds, the Mason filth is lifeless on the ground, a large indentation on his chest.
    TL;DR: A dumb story of headbutt working.
    Inspired by that GIF of the soccer players.

• @carrion:

Just had a crazy silly idea, someone tell me if it’s feasible plz. :)
    If you hit an enemies head with your own head, like with a bow-jump, would it be possible for that hit to cause a bit of daze (both) & damage (target)?
    I don’t wanna turn 1on1s into headbanging contests of course, just wondering. ;)

Fixed…
    Oh and no… I dont think that´s a good idea…

• Been lots of dumb ideas lately.

• @AllShallPerish:

Been lots of dumb ideas lately.

Come on, tell me a headbutt from your avatar’s helmet wouldn’t do significant damage? :P

• That’s me in that picture so you’re right that it would do TONS of damage. I however am a Super Saiyan.

• say what you all will, but i’m still somewhat in love with the idea.
    if 10 armored knights rush into a shield wall at full speed, things should happen.

• Yes, but how often do you really see a shield wall actually being used in your average game? Let alone Have another whole team use knights and clash against the wall. (the more I talk about it the more I want to try it in game)

• @AllShallPerish:

Yes, but how often do you really see a shield wall actually being used in your average game? Let alone Have another whole team use knights and clash against the wall. (the more I talk about it the more I want to try it in game)

Well, that’s the thing. I want to try it, too. But the way the game works currently, the body mass of a player has no effect whatsoever, while a kick sends an enemy flying 6m.
    Another example: Jumping on a player results in a human pyramid kind of thing, if you follow his footsteps very close you can run around on his head for quite some time.
    I’d much rather see the player who’s head i just landed on at least dazed and shoved to the side.

• @carrion:

@AllShallPerish:

Yes, but how often do you really see a shield wall actually being used in your average game? Let alone Have another whole team use knights and clash against the wall. (the more I talk about it the more I want to try it in game)

Well, that’s the thing. I want to try it, too. But the way the game works currently, the body mass of a player has no effect whatsoever, while a kick sends an enemy flying 6m.
    Another example: Jumping on a player results in a human pyramid kind of thing, if you follow his footsteps very close you can run around on his head for quite some time.
    I’d much rather see the player who’s head i just landed on at least dazed and shoved to the side.

This is a good idea, if you leap off a wall and land on someone it should knock them over. Or knock them as per kick does

• @smokingbobs:

@Wolf:

Do you mean some sort of collision damage?

I love the idea of sprinting into objects actually hurting or dazing you. It would be hilarious to watch someone accidentally run into a tree and knock themselves out

tripping over a branch while back paddling, ready to be finished :)

Tripping over a branch; there’s an idea, I’d like to see the odd stumble animation here and there. Not necessarily foliage based, moreover, situations like falling off something backwards, presently I land in a balanced position like Vitaly Scherbo in a suit of amour.

I’d like the sense of blind panic when recovering for half a second or so (a bit like having a shield up and no stamina - that sort of panic!).

I don’t do a lot of falling off things backwards these days as I know the maps reasonably well. Hence, I don’t think that this suggestion will turn the game into a Keystone Cops movie, still there is a line not to be crossed somewhere.

Clearly I have gone off topic in a big way; apologises. I’ll post a separate thread now -see Stumbles should you wish to reply. OK back to the headbutting debate.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.