Announcer

• OMFG! this game is awesome.
    The game most honest I’ve ever seen, the most playerskill.

Why this game does not have a announcer?

Something like “killing spree”, “rampage”, “immortal”.

This game is the perfect game to have a very exciting announcer (not found better adjective, sorry, limit language).

ps: sorry for my bad english

is we

• It’s kind of a generic Unreal Tournament type thing to do, but I guess a Medieval themed version might be entertaining.

Except I think I’d want my own character to be the “announcer” though so other people can hear my killing rampage ;) .

I think a a few special auto voice taunts for killstreaks or multi-kills could be fun. I can just imagine the Mason Knight going shit crazy "BLOOOOOOOOOD!!! MOOOOOOOOOOORE BLOOOOOOOD!!!" or something after he’s just killed 5 people in a row. :D

• I think the medieval theme is very favorable in terms of an “announcer”.
    Each class would have its “announce” features, I think this would be an good increment for the identity of the game.

Should only listen to you, because the game is very frantic, would turn mess of “announcers”!

! I had an experience in a game that was called “landmass” (fps), he had a really cool announcer. When you kill 6 in a row, your char then said: “hahahahahahaha SHOW ME THE MONEY” That was very exciting, because when you arrived at this stage was because you were dominating the game. Was priceless reach a “show me the money”

• Sounds like an easy enough Mod to make. Patience :)

• Hahaha, normally I’d be kind’ve against this but if it’s Sir_Loin…

• Prepare to attack the enemy’s control point.

Overtime!

You failed.

^ Is what I think of the announcer… and occasionally my team.

• Usually im against every immersion-breaking bullshit, but this could be fun if it is done medieval-like. Still, I would demand that any player can turn it on/off whenever he pleases it, so everyone can be happy…

• Having your own character yell various things depending on various happenings would be AMAZING. Having a 10kill streak for example can have something like “WHO’S NEXT!?”

• or maybe a map specific thing for arena

• I like the suggestions about having one’s character shout something out when having done well. The characters are weirdly quiet whenever they achieve a major goal, such as pushing the cart into the water basin. I would like this, but one thing - have it NOT available on the voice-over list, as I know a lot of people who just spam the attack cry.

• Of all the things in TF2 I dislike, one of the few things I do like is the automated responses if certaint conditions are met. Example here

• @AngryDave:

It’s kind of a generic Unreal Tournament type thing to do, but I guess a Medieval themed version might be entertaining.

Except I think I’d want my own character to be the “announcer” though so other people can hear my killing rampage ;) .

I think a a few special auto voice taunts for killstreaks or multi-kills could be fun. I can just imagine the Mason Knight going shit crazy "BLOOOOOOOOOD!!! MOOOOOOOOOOORE BLOOOOOOOD!!!" or something after he’s just killed 5 people in a row. :D

+1. Class specific announcements of your own pwnage.

• And maybe all players can do some sort of victorious battle “cheer” when they successfully complete an objective. ;)

• Personally I wouldn’t like more automatisms concerning the voice samples. a lot of the ambience in games right now comes from players that are more or less voice acting with the few commands they got, and sometimes it’s really stage material. ^^
    What could work however would be more map/objective-specific samples for the C-Key.
    However that’s an awful lot of voice acting, at least n=teamsclassesmap objectives.

• This wouldn’t be a bad idea. For those at are not aware, Aoc(Age of Chivalry) The mod that spawned this amazing game we now play; has this very feature. Almost every map had low-toned chivalrous sounding knight announcing things. “The Masons have captured the flag!” His voice was sometimes followed by the objective “drums” that played as you progressed. Something like this is quite a possibility.

• killstreak announcer thingy? why the fuck is this not implemented yet?XD wanna hear epic lines

+1

• I like the idea! It will be cool if you have two announcers, one from Agatha and another from Mason with their particular styles of voice.

One game that use great character voices is the Red Orchestra 2. Your character talk with the people around you about what’s happening. For example: if someone takes a sniper shot, he yells: “snipeeeeeeer!” or if you are taking a lot of shots around you: " I’m pinned down! We need to silent that machinegun!". Adapt this to medieval stuff like: “Damn archers!” or “They are trying to kill the king! Protect our majesty!!!” and you will have a battlefield much more alive… (or dead with great agony).