Getting Rank 21+

• I’ve played for quite a bit, unlocked all the weapons but I have been stuck at rank 20 for almost a month now. Is there something special I have to do to further rank up? I mainly play on AUS servers.

• Just kills and assists is all you should have to do. They did recently make it take longer to achieve higher levels. How many hours(approximately) have you been on 20? Over 5 hours? Over 10 hours?

• By my best estimate, about 7-8 hours now.

• @zaygr:

By my best estimate, about 7-8 hours now.

That seems too long to be stuck on rank 20. Averaging like 15 kills a game will get you through the early 20’s fairly quick. Are you playing on servers with more than 5 people? Also I know sometimes servers will bug on tracking stats, and it requires manual restarting of the server. Usually not a problem on official servers, but if you frequent non-official servers you should ask other people if weapon unlock progress is working in there. If not, the server may be experiencing the bug I am speaking of and needs to be restarted by the owner. And as a reference, a friend of mine is rank 23~ with about 50 some hours. So if you are near there, then something is definitely up.

• You should be happy, with lower level people will underestimate you in duels.

• I’ve been 34 since early November.

I think I should be happy too because rumor has it that once you hit 35, you go off the deep end and become a worthless hacker…

• How is rank calculated, anyway? I’ve never understood that…

• @stickytape:

How is rank calculated, anyway? I’ve never understood that…

It’s based on experience for kills and assists. I think Martin posted the exact numbers somewhere so if you really want to know… searchy searchy :)

• i don’t think assists count. Anyhow it’s pretty impossible to score assists frequently. You have to hit the target like 1 second before it get killed to get an assist.

• Assist do in fact count. They are weighted much like the scoreboard, but both go towards that shinny number.

• @Martin:

Only kills and assists award experience right now. 200xp for a kill, 100xp for an assist. There’s currently no way to view your total xp right now though.

viewtopic.php?p=65530#p65530

• You might be playing on un-ranked servers. Most official servers are ranked, but some are not (bug). If you’re not playing on official servers, some server owners have ranked turned off so you won’t be ranking up.

• @SOC:

You might be playing on un-ranked servers. Most official servers are ranked, but some are not (bug). If you’re not playing on official servers, some server owners have ranked turned off so you won’t be ranking up.

Most server owners have it turned on, but it does bug sometimes and requires an owner to restart the server to fix it. So if it happens in yours, restart it!

• If it helps any, I apparently have no XP at all in any of the rank achievements, even though in game I am rank 20. (Mainly through weapon unlocks.)

• I thought ranks were determined by total play time…

I learned something today!

• @Slaughtervomit:

I thought ranks were determined by total play time…

I learned something today!

Certainly not! I was stuck on rank 32 for what seemed like forever, I was beginning to wonder what was the matter. 30-40 hours later, it started going up again. Either it was frozen or I just don’t look at my rank that often (which is true) and it takes a buttload of exp to go up at this point.

Can you actually sort by servers that are “ranked” in the browser? That’d be useful.

• I’m about rank 26 I think. I know that rank doesn’t equal skill but I kinda don’t really like being “that guy” in a server full of new players. I feel like it looks like I’m trying to noob farm or something when every player is below rank 5 except me. :P I don’t quite feel comfortable without an even spread of ranks.

Of course some players are just naturally good, even seen some oddly decent rank 0’s in fact. Maybe they played 40 hours in unranked servers or it’s their second account. :D

• @AngryDave:

I’m about rank 26 I think. I know that rank doesn’t equal skill but I kinda don’t really like being “that guy” in a server full of new players. I feel like it looks like I’m trying to noob farm or something when every player is below rank 5 except me. :P I don’t quite feel comfortable without an even spread of ranks.

Of course some players are just naturally good, even seen some oddly decent rank 0’s in fact. Maybe they played 40 hours in unranked servers or it’s their second account. :D

I know what you mean. I’m rank 27 now and players under rank 10 usually start complaining or complimenting when I go on a good kill streak. Not gonna lie, I kinda like the attention. then few rank 40’s come on and stomp on me.