Game Mode when level change/joining server

• Hi everyone,

I have just started to play this game and love it but I will admit I am a newb with a couple questions or suggestions.

First off I would say that shouldn’t there be a more clear description of what mode the game you are playing is when you join a server or the map changes? I find that I see the map in the background when choosing my class as I join, but choose thinking it’s objective mode, lets say, only to find out it’s free-for-all once I spawn. Maybe I am the only one…

The other thing I wanted to ask is am I the only one that cannot toggle between players when spectating? People say use mouse wheel up to change but I can only ever spec one person or free roaming.

Another issue I have is when I do spec or go 3rd person view, throw-able objects appear twice with one hovering over the players hands which is holding the other copy of the object.When they throw the object the floating one sometimes gets stuck in the air and floats in that spot.

Again, love this game! Thanks!

• I agree with needing more clarity when joining / changing maps. It’s really just a minor annoyance, but it seems like kind of a silly omission.

• I agree that it is a bit unclear what gamemode you are playing at first when the map changes. Best that you can do for now is bring up the scoreboard and see what the current objective is. That will tell you the gamemode.

• @LiquidWater:

First off I would say that shouldn’t there be a more clear description of what mode the game you are playing is when you join a server or the map changes? I find that I see the map in the background when choosing my class as I join, but choose thinking it’s objective mode, lets say, only to find out it’s free-for-all once I spawn. Maybe I am the only one…

The other thing I wanted to ask is am I the only one that cannot toggle between players when spectating? People say use mouse wheel up to change but I can only ever spec one person or free roaming.

Another issue I have is when I do spec or go 3rd person view, throw-able objects appear twice with one hovering over the players hands which is holding the other copy of the object.When they throw the object the floating one sometimes gets stuck in the air and floats in that spot.

Again, love this game! Thanks!

Hi Liquid, welcome to Chivalry! :3

Like ReMixx said, your best bet is to just hold TAB to see what the mode of the map is, so you aren’t confused. I think we all get confused sometimes, but I’m so used to holding TAB to see what’s going on, I just keep doing that and it works.

The spectator thing is still in the works. I can’t toggle between players either, and that part was added in accidentally in the last patch, so that’s why it’s not complete. I’m crossing my fingers for an updated spectator mode in the upcoming content patch this month!

And yes, that’s a known bug regarding the double weapons being shown in spectator or 3rd person view.

Glad you love the game! It’ll only get better from here! :)

• @Kimiko:

Hi Liquid, welcome to Chivalry! :3

Like ReMixx said, your best bet is to just hold TAB to see what the mode of the map is, so you aren’t confused. I think we all get confused sometimes, but I’m so used to holding TAB to see what’s going on, I just keep doing that and it works.

Glad you love the game! It’ll only get better from here! :)

Thanks! That’s usually what I do when I am in the game, but it seems when I first join and am on the team/class/load out screens the tab button doesn’t do anything or it just cycles through selections…

• @LiquidWater:

Thanks! That’s usually what I do when I am in the game, but it seems when I first join and am on the team/class/load out screens the tab button doesn’t do anything or it just cycles through selections…

Yeah when you first join, the match hasn’t actually begun yet, so it doesn’t really say anything. Once the match begins, then check TAB and It’ll tell you. Oh but this is AFTER you choose your class. You can’t do it until you’re officially on a team.