Intenselag

• That’s his name, american, comes to EU servers, with excess of 200ping, wanted to kick him but in the end got kicked myself with comments like “americans have every right to play here” and “he does not lag” and “who cares about ping” and “ping does not affect lag” and “ping LOL”…

Seriously… 2012, people do not know about ping, but more importantly, can you start restricting official servers to a ping, cap, so we do not have to deal with this.

It happens daily, Americans coming into European servers and ruining it.

No idea about the opposite but I am sure Americans are as annoyed by this on their servers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ping_(video_gaming there for people confused.

Oh and I have seen on several occasions people with a ping of even a 1000 and more, refusing to leave.

To those that say it does not affect you, I have seen it several times when fighting someone with a ping of 150 and above where I block his animation attack but damage was made before and sometimes after the animation etc or shooting an arrow at them and it goes through them, ghost style.

• I think I was in that server with you. To be honest at the time I thought sod it just let him play, but after reading the “How lag is handled in this game” thread I would have been a bit more peeved.

As I understand it, essentially with a 200ms ping you don’t see his attacks until 200ms + yourpingms after they actually clicks the mouse. Of course they are similarly disadvantaged on your attacks but that’s not really the point I suppose…

• Sorry to inform, but ping caps will not be introduced into Official servers.

• That’s a shame, because lag noticeably ruins the gameplay. With no compensation, there’s gotta be some way to manage ping. I mean, thank god there’s no comp anyway, i don’t really think the traditional UE compensation would work with this kind of game, but then again, we need to manage players with high ping somehow.

• Wait until the Australians on dial up join your server.

• I was also in that game, I remember the guy. I felt kind of bad for you that you were kicked. I agree that it should be handled somehow or at least it should be known by other players that it is basically a hack, exploiting this issue. I am normally not bothered by pings between 120-200 when the player is clearly a newbie or an average one. But when I see rank 30-40 Vanguards / Morning Star Knights butchering and LB spamming with 25-2 stats with ~250 ping, I am starting to get annoyed.
    This was not the case with Intenselag yesterday but the issue still remains.

Autokicking everyone with ping above xy would not be a good idea in this stage of development though. It is quite usual to experience lag spikes during a round when the latency significantly goes up for all players. This would most likely result in mass kicking everyone on the server which is obviously not a working solution.

• @gregcau:

Wait until the Australians on dial up join your server.

On the contrary, on Australian servers we get several Americans and Europeans once in awhile.

• @donpost:

I think I was in that server with you. To be honest at the time I thought sod it just let him play, but after reading the “How lag is handled in this game” thread I would have been a bit more peeved.

As I understand it, essentially with a 200ms ping you don’t see his attacks until 200ms + yourpingms after they actually clicks the mouse. Of course they are similarly disadvantaged on your attacks but that’s not really the point I suppose…

Thanks, and yes it does get frustrating, especially when it seems to affect those of us with less or no lag more than those who lag. I constantly see people with high ping get good scores in my games.

• @ChuckingIt:

Sorry to inform, but ping caps will not be introduced into Official servers.

May I ask why? You seem to have official servers a plenty for most part of the world. If I play counter strike source now or team fortress 2 or whatever else I can think of I will be automatically kicked by the host if I connect to a server where my ping exceeds 150, sometimes 200 with a nice message explaining why (at least most hosts do this.)

On something like xbox live where you do not have dedicated servers you also have a lot more balance and autoaim for games due to having 250 ping. But you also get a worse experience and I doubt anyone here wants auto aim etc or more of it.

I was not joking when I said I have met people with excess of 1000ping play on official servers and ruining it all, a server can be fine then bam we all teleport around but after we kick those people we stop teleporting.

I just have to ask why, I do not see any explanation that makes sense to not have a cap on ping.

• @kKNd:

This was not the case with Intenselag yesterday but the issue still remains.

Autokicking everyone with ping above xy would not be a good idea in this stage of development though. It is quite usual to experience lag spikes during a round when the latency significantly goes up for all players. This would most likely result in mass kicking everyone on the server which is obviously not a working solution.

First I have to say that it is the standard solution for many, many online games on PC, I have even comes across some on xbox. What they do is they kick you if you have that ping for period of time, usually short, but long enough that it does not kick you for a small spike, that is how it works on the server I play on in CS:S frequently.

Also his name is “intense lag”, he even calls himself LAG :D Obviously he knows what he is doing.

Anyway, if official servers wont do this for reasons beyond me, I hope that private hosts will enforce this.

• The reasoning being(note this is not my decision) is that people shouldn’t be limited from playing. And on official servers, it is believed people should have the chance to play. They will add the capability for private server owners to do this. But official servers will be the all inclusive club.

• @ChuckingIt:

The reasoning being(note this is not my decision) is that people shouldn’t be limited from playing. And on official servers, it is believed people should have the chance to play. They will add the capability for private server owners to do this. But official servers will be the all inclusive club.

Good that private servers can do this. I do understand the reasoning for official servers not doing it in a nice cuddly way but strongly disagree because in reality it doesn’t work.

Besides this grievance, love the game.