Incentive to use any of the knights secondaries

• When you have the warhammer? It two shots any class(or allows you to kick a knight dead if you miss his head twice) Range isnt really a big issue for the knight and its speed is decent. The only other weapon i use is the norse sword and thats purely for MAA’s and the occaasional archer because of its stab length and thats only only duel servers when i can expect the MAA’s to not dash into a swing and to manage their stam well

• @wolas321:

The only other weapon i use is the norse sword and thats purely for MAA’s and the occaasional archer because of its stab length and thats only only duel servers when i can expect the MAA’s to not dash into a swing and to manage their stam well

That’s why they are called secondary weapons. They are situational, see? The mace can be useful when your main weapon is a slash type weapon and you need to go up against another armored knight.

@wolas321:

Range isnt really a big issue for the knight and its speed is decent.

Bold statement. I guess you haven’t been torn apart by good Vanguards or even good Knights with longer weapons.

Warhammer is a good weapon for new players to swing around with, and even skilled players can do pretty well with it. Nonetheless it carries you only so far, and veteran knights tend to find superior alternatives pretty quickly.

• War Hammer is getting a nerf in the next patch so rest assured on that one. And as far as the distance thing, I agree with the above poster. My brandi stock has other opinions on that :D

• @GhoXen:

@wolas321:

The only other weapon i use is the norse sword and thats purely for MAA’s and the occaasional archer because of its stab length and thats only only duel servers when i can expect the MAA’s to not dash into a swing and to manage their stam well

That’s why they are called secondary weapons. They are situational, see? The mace can be useful when your main weapon is a slash type weapon and you need to go up against another armored knight.

@wolas321:

Range isnt really a big issue for the knight and its speed is decent.

Bold statement. I guess you haven’t been torn apart by good Vanguards or even good Knights with longer weapons.

Warhammer is a good weapon for new players to swing around with, and even skilled players can do pretty well with it. Nonetheless it carries you only so far, and veteran knights tend to find superior alternatives pretty quickly.

Ive dueled with rank 30 players with the warhammer and won. Range isnt the biggest issue for a knight. Well. For HIS weapons. besides, the warhammer isnt that terribly small compared to the mace which is another good weapon for the knight seems outclassed by the warhammer. These are just opinions from someone with a relatively low 70 hours in but i wasnt looking to make a statement on why its the best weapon i was looking for someone it tell me why its not. And knigthts are the perfect damn target for the wrahammer. not only will they let you get clsoe enough to use it but you will win any trade(or atleast trade evenly) against them. Assuming they arent using a maul.

And assuming that vanguard isnt using a halberd theyre my favorite targets. Easy to duck under their swings, easy to block against and feint tears them open.

And while i recognize them being situational the ONLY situational weapon where the warhammer wouldnt be superior is as ive stated. The norse sword against a MAA.

@ChuckingIt:

War Hammer is getting a nerf in the next patch so rest assured on that one. And as far as the distance thing, I agree with the above poster. My brandi stock has other opinions on that :D

How is it being nerfed?

• It will only be able to two shot a knight if they are headshots. No more body spamming knight crushing.

• @ChuckingIt:

It will only be able to two shot a knight if they are headshots. No more body spamming knight crushing.

Minor nerf to damage then? Fine by me. Will it stay a two shot if one hits the head one hits the body?

Also its not -entirely- related but i dont suppose you know anything about the flails stats?

• It will be two shots to the head. And I am not sure about the flail. TBH I am worried about the balance of that weapon. But I am just anxiously waiting to see how it turns out.

• Actually, the Warhammer will be able to 2 hit Knights with 1 head hit and 1 body hit (including the slash - as that remains unchanged). It’s a minor nerf, but one that was absolutely necessary to say the least.

• Secondary weapons are very useful for every weapon EXCEPT the warhammer, so they are still very useful overall. Warhammer build itself even benefits from a secondary with a good thrust, since the warhammer thrust is poor.

So, I don’t see any problem with the usefulness of the knights secondary weapons.

• @wolas321:

When you have the warhammer? Range isnt really a big issue for the knight and its speed is decent.

LOL

@wolas321:

OH GOD I PEED