[SOLVED] Chivalry stops responding - 1 CPU detected in Log

• So my friend bought me this game a couple days ago and i installed it on steam and all but when i go to play, the game with stop responding before the launch screen. I updated all my graphics card and all my drivers and that didn’t work. I tried deleting the config folder and then going into steam to verify and that also didn’t work.

I opened my logs and a couple warnings came up.
    Ill uplaod attachment to this thread.
    for a quick find go to [0023.52] and [0030.55]

[attachment=0:2kk6vl8c]Launch-backup-2013.01.02-17.03.19.log[/attachment:2kk6vl8c]

• Can you post a DxDiag please. I would like to see your system specs so I can get a better picture of whats going on here.

Run “DxDiag”
    Enter
    Save all

• Does this work?

• @Setherin:

Does this work?

Yes, thanks.

From your Launch.log:

[0001.22] Init: CPU Page size=4096, Processors=1

That is troubling that it only sees 1 processor. Are you running this Windows in a virtual machine perhaps?

• I’m kinda a computer noob but if i understand the question properly I am only running windows 7 not any other OS and its running on my pc

• @Setherin:

I’m kinda a computer noob but if i understand the question properly I am only running windows 7 not any other OS and its running on my pc

Okay yeah that’s what I was asking.

If you hit ctrl, alt, and delete keys at the same time and then click Start Task Manager, then click on the Performance tab, how many separate boxes do you see under CPU Usage History? For example, here’s mine with 8 boxes for 8 logical CPUs:

[attachment=0:3l78deis]taskmanager.jpg[/attachment:3l78deis]

• I only see one
    [attachment=0:og62rbhm]task.png[/attachment:og62rbhm]

• I don’t know if this helps you or not but ill post it…

[attachment=0:116z7ptl]bios.png[/attachment:116z7ptl]

• I managed to get 4 now i said to open msconfig in the start menu go to boot then advance settings and un-tick the number of processor box

[attachment=0:u462lk3m]bios2.png[/attachment:u462lk3m]

• ReMixx the game seems to run just fine now that i have more then 1 processor thank you for pointing that out

• @Setherin:

ReMixx the game seems to run just fine now that i have more then 1 processor thank you for pointing that out

Awesome! Marking this one solved. Glad that it works for you! See you on the battlefield. :k1: