Suggestion: No 3rd person view for archers?

• When archers use 3rd person view it gives them an ungodly ability to detect where incoming projectiles are coming from. This is frustrating and unrealistic.

• Every class would have this super-awesome-game-deciding-advantage so why just fuck the archer up? Its not that they dominate the servers…
    You could just play on servers that force 1st peron as a work-around…

Oh and btw. The whole 3rd Person view is obsolete, just get rid of that.

• I disagree that this would benefit other classes to a significant degree because it is a disadvantage in mallee combat to be using 3rd person(IMO).
    The reason i bring it up exclusively for the archer class is that if you’re a new archer hunting another warbow/xbow archer they gain an unfair advantage once they know your location. So they fact that they can pin point your location neigh instantaneously is bad. If you’re flanking them or attacking from the rear then shots that fall short shouldn’t alert them instantaneously to your exact location.

• @William:

Sir William, I would have words! :k1:

• Archers rarely do well in number of kills and you want to give them a class specific disadvantage?

Oh you just hate archers… I see.

• @Siegbert:

@William:

Sir William, I would have words! :k1:

:P

• @gregcau:

Archers rarely do well in number of kills and you want to give them a class specific disadvantage?

Oh you just hate archers… I see.

No i play archer class and its the most advanced i have gone in any class. My point is to improve the combat between archers. Its very obvious when you sneak up on another archer if they use 3rd person or not because they return fire on your position almost immediately. This should not be the case though because if you have out witted a lazy archer and are firing upon his flank or rear then you should be rewarded for your efforts. That advantage shouldn’t be lost after your first shot. It should NOT be immediately obvious where the enemy fire is coming from.

• I thought that the archer crosshairs didn’t work in third person.

And other classes get advantages with using third person. So making it so only one class doesn’t have it is unfair.

• I’ll have to test that archers have no cross hairs during 3rd person because then it would be unexplainable as to how some archers have (on multiple occasions) instantaneously discovered my position when my arrow fell short of their blind side.

• In 3rd person the cross hair is off so it is much harder to hit a target.

• @gregcau:

In 3rd person the cross hair is off so it is much harder to hit a target.

True. So, while they can see better, it’s MUCH more difficult to hit anything.

• @William:

O Rly? You can’t do this with 1st person view.

[youtubehd:1flgsd92]nn_Few16Sks[/youtubehd:1flgsd92]