Training

• As combat system in CMW is quite smart and it would be hard for newbies to adapt to it without training , i’d like to pass you some idea bout how to issue that lore friendly.
    So you start as young(16-18) noble standing in the yard of your parents castle infront of your fencing mentor
    he sais “blah blah blah my lord blah blah blah tomorrow is your first tournament you spent lots of time training lets see how you learnd my lessons” he shows you all the basics you practise some with him and
    then you teleport in time and space to the tomorrow tornament and fight different categories which you choose (sword,shield-sword, 2 h sword etc). 2 mods possible: offline and online. If you choose online then game finds you another guy who chose it and you duel him whatever you(and another guy) chose.To avoid some expirienced trolls to own newbies possible to add report button(limited amount lets say 3 for a week) which will block reported ones from online training for a while(which also will tell new players when they good enough to go real word :D ). Also after get reported you may see a tearful video where your father dieing and you go to war. :D

• I see another version.

Here, lad, this is a sword, have it…no, the other end.
    Now, there are Masons coming, there are a lot of them. U meet one - kill him.
    Don’t worry when You die - its necessary and it is no pain, and takes you 10 secs to revive. And you may try again. And again.

Now, listen to me closely, come to me after you kill a lot of them, i’ll show you some tricks, and we will learn how to make use of a team. Then you will be true Jedi.

how about? ;P

• Didn’t devs said that there will be a single player tutorial?

• Developer

Yes there will be a tutorial.

• Tutorials are always a welcomed feature in any game.
    I hope there will be like two tutorials : one with the basics (movement, combat, classes, etc…) AND one about strategic thinking, teamwork, counters, etc… that could help new players understand the pace of the game (actually one might want a video tutorial for this one, or a library of videos).

• HINT! : Hit enemy’s with your weapon to kill them.

• The most important part of the tutorial is probably going to be explaining map objectives. If you jump into a 30 person server, and every body is running around throwing torches and lighting buildings on fire it can get pretty confusing, more over, it can be hard to ever figure out what is happening since the phase can be well and done before you even find what everyone was doing. Not only that, but a newbie’s biggest contribution to a game will most likely come to doing the objectives at first.

I think you can just work in some basic combat tips as they are guided in completing objectives. Really there isn’t too much that has to be explained… you can combo swing, block with rmb and you lose stamina depending on damage, kick with the F button, hit people in the head for more damage. Done, the rest is figuring out how that all works together for them.

• @King:

HINT! : Hit enemy’s with your weapon to kill them.

Damn, King, for a moment i thought you are serious. phew.

• @Jihell:

Tutorials are always a welcomed feature in any game.
    I hope there will be like two tutorials : one with the basics (movement, combat, classes, etc…) AND one about strategic thinking, teamwork, counters, etc… that could help new players understand the pace of the game (actually one might want a video tutorial for this one, or a library of videos).

Id like to have a have a tutorial and I like two tutorials in a library of videos.