Official Servers donations

• I suggest a Donation button on website here for players wishing to contribute towards the costs of
    running the Official Servers.
    Just an idea, they really do run a lot of servers for Chivalry tbh.

• I had assumed that torn banner ran all the official servers.

So if not the case are all the official servers officially official? Do they have all the same server settings?

Or does the admin tailor them towards his fav class haha

• The only problem I could see with a donation thing is that when some people donate, they feel like they have bought a share in the company and have some kind of ownership. I could see someone donate then turn around and pull a “I AM SO ANGRY! YOU NERFED (insert weapon here) IS THIS WHAT I DONATED MY MONEY TO??”.

• @gregcau:

I had assumed that torn banner ran all the official servers.

So if not the case are all the official servers officially official? Do they have all the same server settings?

Or does the admin tailor them towards his fav class haha

TB does run all the servers. So they pay with their earning to run them. So he is talking about donating for that reason. And yes all the servers run the same settings aside from game modes. They are all administered by the same people who moderate these forums! :D

• Donations should give nothing but fancy forum titles or something, nothing in game.

• I’m not sure on the specifics, but I know that they got a pretty good deal from Multiplay just for naming them “Official server host of Chivalry: Medieval Warfare” - I do know they got over twice the amount of servers they originally asked for. Server costs might not be a huge deal for them.