Some improvements I'd like to see

• I’ve had fun with this game, but I think there are some ways to make it better.

• Remove regenerating health, but add in recovery items such as roasted chickens.
    • The man at arms should be able to carry extra fire pots. I think 5 would be a good amount.
    • Speed up arrows and bolts significantly, at least 2x.
    • Shields should use less stamina.
    • Add some type of spiked gauntlet weapon to make punching better
    • Add in some type of killstreak system to reward players who can many kills in a row.
    • Add a few larger maps with horses and give us a jousting weapon.
    • Dual wielding… maybe not for the archer, but there’s no reason why the melee classes shouldn’t be able to wield 2 weapons simultaneously.
    • Weapons and shields should have durability that can be damaged by the heavier weapons (the warhammer, etc.)
    • Instant respawn. I don’t like waiting to get back in the action.
    • Add an animal trainer class of some sort. He would have very little weapons and armor like the archer, but could sick wolves on the enemy.
    • Add a wizard class. To keep it from being OP, limit it to only 1 or 2 per team (like Primal Carange does with the T-Rex).
    • All the archer to fire 2 arrows at once.
    • Add in sais and nunchauks.

• Some of these are great ideas but others not so much. Wizards are a big no, and most would agree. This is supposed to be a realistic game, not fantasy. I like the idea of an animal trailer but the fact that the animals would have to be AI controlled would make this extremely difficult.

And common “had some fun with this game”?? What do you mean “had”?! Aren’t you still?

• @VanillaBraun:

And common “had some fun with this game”?? What do you mean “had”?! Aren’t you still?

I still am having fun. I didn’t mean for it be taken that way.

• @Bobby_Budnick:

I’ve had fun with this game, but I think there are some ways to make it better.

• Remove regenerating health, but add in recovery items such as roasted chickens.
    • The man at arms should be able to carry extra fire pots. I think 5 would be a good amount.
    • Shields should use less stamina.
    • Add in some type of killstreak system to reward players who can many kills in a row.
    • Dual wielding… maybe not for the archer, but there’s no reason why the melee classes shouldn’t be able to wield 2 weapons simultaneously.
    • Weapons and shields should have durability that can be damaged by the heavier weapons (the warhammer, etc.)
    • Add an animal trainer class of some sort. He would have very little weapons and armor like the archer, but could sick wolves on the enemy.
    • Add a wizard class. To keep it from being OP, limit it to only 1 or 2 per team (like Primal Carange does with the T-Rex).

To a lot of these - no. Just no. Sais and nunchucks? This game is based on the weapons and tactics of medieval-era EUROPE. Archers firing 2 arrows at once? OP. Animal trainers? Hell no - too difficult to balance and unrealistic. Wizards - not realistic at all, and definitely a no. Instant respawn? It’s there sometimes, look at any privately hosted server…. Weapon durability is a shitty idea.Killstreak system…? No thanks. Call of Duty: Medieval Warfare. Shields’ stamina usage is pretty realistic, doesn’t need to be nerfed at all. Speeding up arrows and bolts? Then they’d be just like fricking bullets! Adding the ability to carry more fire pots? Obviously from the view of someone who spams the hell out of them - totally OP, hell no.

Ideas that I liked (in moderation) -
    I don’t like the idea of removing regening health entirely, but there should be some healing stuff - but carry-on, as a special weapon/item, like the fire pot or throwing knives.
    Dual wielding… Maybe for the MAA, but for other classes it’d be more of a hindrance than a help. Plus, to balance it, the weapons used would have to be secondaries, with another secondary replacing your primary.

• Trained animals isn’t actually all that unrealistic. They did use some animals to fight in war in medieval days.

• @VanillaBraun:

Trained animals isn’t actually all that unrealistic. They did use some animals to fight in war in medieval days.

True, but only either as mounts or to pull along catapults and such.

• @Hadron:

Weapon durability is a shitty idea.

If not durability, then a warhammer, axe or other heavy weapons should not be parry-able with a small sword/dagger the way it is now. Or it should at least stagger you a bit.

• @Hadron:

@VanillaBraun:

Trained animals isn’t actually all that unrealistic. They did use some animals to fight in war in medieval days.

True, but only either as mounts or to pull along catapults and such.

Not at all, there were units using war dogs.
    But yeah I think it would be too complicated.

• I only agree with the jousting idea, some sort of jousting game mode. But that will never happen. The rest, no.

• I have some ideas:

-MAA dodge distance gets buffed to 15x the current distance.
    -Vanguard sprint attack causes an earthquake that kills everyone within 100 meters
    -Knights kicks launch people for 50 meters
    -Archers get bazookas
    -New class: Bart Simpson. (rides a skateboard and has a slingshot. Also has classic simpsons quotes as voice commands)
    -Bears attack randomly in every FFA game
    -New weapon: Giant hunk of tough bread.

• … people replying to this obvious troll.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

… people replying to this obvious troll.

Just because I don’t think the game is perfect and could be improved in a few ways doesn’t mean I’m troll. I do like the game a lot, but apparently you only take blind fanboys seriously.

• @Bobby_Budnick:

If not durability, then a warhammer, axe or other heavy weapons should not be parry-able with a small sword/dagger the way it is now. Or it should at least stagger you a bit.

THIS THIS THIS. I find it ridiculous that a small dagger can parry a massive war hammer/axe of a charging vanguard.

• @Bobby_Budnick:

Welcome to the 90s ^^
    How stupid would it be to eat something and be cured from all injuries at once? Never understood the healing function of food in video games.

Regenerating health is a great feature in this game. I don’t want it to be removed or altered. It’s rewarding skill and tactical thinking and punishes mindless charging.

Wtf? Why? Firepots are OP anyway. I don’t want this game to mutate into nade spamming…

Pff… how about no?
    Archers are already a pain in the ass for decent melee fighters…

Punching… better? It’s already ridiculously OP.

Unnecessary feature is unnecessary. The respect of one’s fellow players should be reward enough.

One does not simply add horses in Chivalry ^^
    That’s such a basic game mechanic which I think isn’t wanted by most players anyway.

Yes, there is. It doesn’t hold any advantages for the player and if it does it would be OP. You shouldn’t be allowed to strike more frequent than anybody could parry.

Agreed on shields but I don’t want my sword to get broken by warhammer spammers.

You are waiting so there’s a wave of fresh attackers each time. Fine mechanic as far as I’m concerned. But I’m sure this is adjustable.

What kind of mainstream rpg crap is that? I don’t want no friggin animals to ruin my pvp experience and I surely don’t want no goddamn wizards.
    This is medieval warfare…

dafuq? No?

• Am i the only one who thinks that 95% of this forum suggestions are complete bulls**t and would ruin this game forever?..

• No to all of these especially the ones that wanted us to be eating chicken minecraft style, wizard class (absolutely not), wolves, and the Asian weapons this is European.

• lol

• @Bobby_Budnick:

@rumpelstiltskin:

… people replying to this obvious troll.

Just because I don’t think the game is perfect and could be improved in a few ways doesn’t mean I’m troll. I do like the game a lot, but apparently you only take blind fanboys seriously.

seriously, no troll post? the chickens, killstreaks, turbo-arrows, wizards and the firepot inflation are all for real?

• I thought you were serious at first, but I admit I lost it when you mentioned a wizard. :jlaff:

• @SirRectumRaider:

No to all of these especially the ones that wanted us to be eating chicken minecraft style, wizard class (absolutely not), wolves, and the Asian weapons this is European.

I haven’t played minecraft, but eating food to recover health goes back to the NES days (Castlevania).

And as far as the wizard class goes, they could just allow 1 or 2 per side so it’s not unbalanced. They do this with the t-rex in Primal Carnage and it works great.