Fisting ONLY invitation

• First off let me introduce myself, name is Cthru2k of the Armored FIST clan and as a gamer I am just looking for more ways to enjoy my current favorite game Chivalry. Also feel free to add me to Steam.

ArmoredFIST is holding a fists only night Friday Jan 4th starting at 9PM EST.

Server Name: TDM FFA FISTING only - ArmoredFIST.net
    Currently named TeamDM FFA only - ArmoredFIST.net

Server Location: Dallas, TX

I understand this is nothing new but we’ve seen an increase of players requesting fists only servers. Without admin’s on stand-by 24/7 this is nearly impossible, so we plan to moderate this nights event for as long as it stays with a healthy amount of players.

With enough interest we may even do some 1v1’s in the Arena, any other suggestions, ideas are welcomed! But for the most part, we expect some good TDM FFA action.

TEAMSPEAK INFO= ts.armoredfist.net:9216

Scroll on down to the Chivalry Channels

Visit us at http://armoredfist.net/chivalry

• Nice Idea. We need to start having more community events IMO. This is a good start. I’d suggest putting what region the server is in. If I missed it, I apologize. But the more info the merrier for people considering to do this.

• Great idea, but maybe we should call it fist fighting instead of fisting because of… you know… yeah. :|

• I’m definitely down for giving people a good fisting on Friday night.

• I’m soooo gonna be there!! I’m gonna bring the falcon punch!

• @Syde:

Great idea, but maybe we should call it fist fighting instead of fisting because of… you know… yeah. :|

Erm….how about calling it boxing or fisticuffs…? Because…yeah.

• @Salad:

@Syde:

Great idea, but maybe we should call it fist fighting instead of fisting because of… you know… yeah. :|

Erm….how about calling it boxing or fisticuffs…? Because…yeah.

Haha, right.
    Good idea by the way. I am hoping someone organizes a similar event on an EU server as well.

• Make it a weekly event and call it “Friday Night Fist Fight Club”. I’d be down for that.

• @T_Roy:

Make it a weekly event and call it “Friday Night Fist Fight Club”. I’d be down for that.

I was hoping it would come to that, ahh a Fight Club would be so sweet. Of course with more work put into it as far as sign-ups, dedicated roster lineup, maybe a title fight type of event. Best of the Best if you will.

I had just lowered the player count on the server to 20 from 32 due to FFA getting super messy in small maps (Arena), so far 20 feels like a sweet spot. But I can move it back up to 32 if you guys feel that would be better, thoughts?

• @T_Roy:

Make it a weekly event and call it “Friday Night Fist Fight Club”. I’d be down for that.

As long as you don’t call it “Friday Night Fisting Club”, then it would be that much harder to keep a straight face :P .

• Fist fighting is only hilarious when everyone else is using weapons or to settle a 1v1 in LTS. When everyone is doing it, it just loses its charm since it comes down to spamming.

• Hope to see you there!

• Yes nothing better than putting a beat down on someone wielding a two-hander with your fists to close out a LTS game. But some of my most favorite times in game have been when the majority of people go fists only. We may switch up the rules from FFA to 1v1 or respect the duel type of scenario if things get to spammy which they will.

All I can say is just have fun, on our part we are just going to be enforcing the rules. I will be recording via spectator mode as much as possible.

• Only played a couple rounds but had a blast. Highlight of the night for me was a jump kick kill. 8-). Hopefully I’ll have more time to play next time you host one.

• @T_Roy:

Only played a couple rounds but had a blast. Highlight of the night for me was a jump kick kill. 8-). Hopefully I’ll have more time to play next time you host one.

Had a blast, kept at it for 5 hours straight good flow of people coming and going out. I guess some can only take so much punishment :D

Thanks to all who participated, sadly I did not record during the first couple of hours when the server was more populated which was around the time you were in T-Roy. But here is a sample of some of the fisting that occurred.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXodzCjLvuA

• More FIST Only Fisting Friday! Join us today start time 9PM EST

Server: FIST Only Friday Fisting 9PM EST Start - ArmoredFIST.net
    Loc of server: Dallas

Admin will be onsite! Come join us!

• So glad to hear that your events have been well received; good effort, we will certainly get a UK server event going now. Thinking about calling it “fisting pros night” and then again maybe not.

• Im being reduced to tears and laughter as i’ve read all of the fisting comments in a naughty way. Lol

What maps will be used in this event?

• Crap I forgot about it. I’ll try to make it next week.

• @Cheesus:

Im being reduced to tears and laughter as i’ve read all of the fisting comments in a naughty way. Lol

What maps will be used in this event?

It’s a working title for the time being; just hope I haven’t offended anyone, you never know.

We are working on the format now; as for maps probably just Arena, Moors. Maybe others but the key is avoiding a long walk. Probably go for King of the Hill as I like the idea of the raised wooden platform setting.

Got any ideas? we are all ears. It would be great to hear from cthru2k with what worked State side.