Autokick teamkillers and teamdamagers or disable FF

• The people who are killing or damaging team mates are spoiling the fun for everyone else. In almost every game I’ve played, the most of my deaths have been the result of direct action of my team mates. Interrupting my swing with a bow and creating an opening for the enemy, rushing into the fray madly swinging a greatsword, or just plain old teamkilling. These are standard events in any Chivalry match, and it’s destroying the fun for us who are trying to take others into consideration.

This is why every server should automatically kick and temp-ban anyone who has more than, say, 3 team mates, or dealt more than 3 full hit point bars worth of damage to team mates. This should make at least some of the potential teamkillers to consider the effects of their actions and for the rest, KB does the job.

If this can’t be done, then friendly fire should be disabled at least on official servers.

• @Kryobig:

The people who are killing or damaging team mates are spoiling the fun for everyone else. In almost every game I’ve played, the most of my deaths have been the result of direct action of my team mates. Interrupting my swing with a bow and creating an opening for the enemy, rushing into the fray madly swinging a greatsword, or just plain old teamkilling. These are standard events in any Chivalry match, and it’s destroying the fun for us who are trying to take others into consideration.

This is why every server should automatically kick and temp-ban anyone who has more than, say, 3 team mates, or dealt more than 3 full hit point bars worth of damage to team mates. This should make at least some of the potential teamkillers to consider the effects of their actions and for the rest, KB does the job.

If this can’t be done, then friendly fire should be disabled at least on official servers.

No. Just no. Accidental (or on-purpose) teamdamaging and teamkilling are part of the game’s identity. I like the fact that if there’s a jerk on my team, I can kick the hell out of him. You say people who do that are just spoiling the fun for everyone else, but most LMB spammers are pubber noobs, alright? Deal and learn to play, or leave.

• My suggestion, be a little more observant. I know it is not your fault, but try to put yourself out of harms way. If I see a teammate coming to “help” me. I generally back off a bit and just support him because I don’t want to be tk’d by him. Also if I know I have a large team behind me, I attack once then side step to see where my teammates are going. There are always an influx of new players, but experienced players learn to keep themselves out of harms reach for the most part. Accidents do happen, but you can limit them greatly by guarding yourself from enemies and teammates a like.

• @ChuckingIt:

My suggestion, be a little more observant. I know it is not your fault, but try to put yourself out of harms way. If I see a teammate coming to “help” me. I generally back off a bit and just support him because I don’t want to be tk’d by him. Also if I know I have a large team behind me, I attack once then side step to see where my teammates are going. There are always an influx of new players, but experienced players learn to keep themselves out of harms reach for the most part. Accidents do happen, but you can limit them greatly by guarding yourself from enemies and teammates a like.

THANK you.

• Why do I have to pay for accidents of others? Once twice is fine, accidents happen but when it’s three times, then it’s either intentional or the player needs to be more careful, either way, penalty box is the place for him.

• I honestly stop paying attention to my teammates when they jump into a battle that I’m already engaged in. For example, I would be fighting someone 1v1 and 2 of my teammates just charge in swing greatswords like idiots and end up interrupting my attack and throwing me off. The solution is to just not watch out for these people. The stab/poke attack is great for helping out a teammate in a battle without hurting anyone else, so I don’t know why they feel the need to rush in spamming LMB attacks.

• @Kryobig:

Why do I have to pay for accidents of others? Once twice is fine, accidents happen but when it’s three times, then it’s either intentional or the player needs to be more careful, either way, penalty box is the place for him.

What again are you paying? 3 seconds of your time? I hardly see any server changing due to the skill level of certain players, much less the devs catering to it.

• There are server options to disable friendly fire and I think I remember seeing somewhere in the hundreds of lines of server config, something about kicking TK’ers (I might be wrong though).

Basically, its up to the people running the server to decide that. If you don’t like the options being set, then make your own server.

Also, please be more considerate of new players. Yes, I understand that many people are tunnel-vision noobs that don’t care about their team mates, but I remember doing a bit of team killing (most of which was accidental ;) ) when I first started, and was getting used to the controls. Seeing as this game has been on sale on steam a lot recently, there are many new players joining everyday. If the person is obviously trolling, then as other people have said, its fun vote-kicking somebody constantly :P

• It would auto kick me a lot because I kick the crap out of people to move them out of my way… I can’t stand when someone is moving really slow in front of me when I am trying to berzerker rage on the enemy team…

• No autokick.

Too many bots would get kicked in the offline game, some of them are douches and kill their own all the time with polearms.

• WOW.

Just wow.

I can’t believe what I’m seeing, people are actually defending teamkillers.

Or are the teamkillers flocking into this thread and bashing it for potentially spoiling their griefing fun?

I hope not, so let me make this clear to all of you:
    Teamkillers are going to continue teamkilling if they are not punished. Currently only the player who gets killed is punished, and thus the server rules actually condone teamkilling. New players may kill a couple of team mates on accident, but if they are not punished, they will never learn not to do so anyway. Being a newbie works as an excuse only for so long, I’m a newbie with less than 30 hours under my belt too, but I’ve never killed more than 1 or 2 friendlies in a match. honestly it isn’t that hard to use overhead or stab attacks when friends are nearby, or cancel strikes that are about to hit friends.

If they don’t want to learn, there’s always FFA.

• Noone is defending them, its just a poor idea for dealing with TKers.

• Yeah, I learned not to get in the way of LMB spammer and mind your own business in chivalry lol

• Why should there be something in place to deal with team killers?

I for one love the friendly fire system. It forces people to be careful when working together and adds an element of depth to large battles. If someone is intentionally attacking you, kill them. Whether enemy or teammate.

If you’re unable to kill someone who keeps swinging at you, the problem isn’t their teamkilling, it’s your inability to adapt.

• If this game wouldnt have teamkilling, i would never play it again. For example, its pure fun to fight two massons and watch how a third, tries to “help” them by killing them both. ;)

• Teamkilling is essential up to a point - the point when the same person is doing the same insane swings over and over again.

My suggestion to tone done the damage done by TKers is: handicap them!
    Implement a feature that automatically - and drastically - reduces a players’ damage output (towards friend and foe) after he has done X teamkills on a map.

With this you can continue having an odd TK once in a while without direct punishment, but if you overdo it, the server will handle your TKing for you.

• @Kryobig:

Teamkillers are going to continue teamkilling if they are not punished.

That’s not your job, but the job of the Server Admin. You do yours, and hope he does his. If not, find a new server that does.

• I think a suitable punishment for teamkilling would be being forced to use random loadout at the next respawn.

• @Bobby_Budnick:

I think a suitable punishment for teamkilling would be being forced to use random loadout at the next respawn.

Give them a tough hunk of bread to beat their foes senseless with!!