Spectating is Fun

• Hello, apologies if I’m going over old ground here as my searches did not come up positive. But I would like to highlight and praise the watch-ability of Chivalry games. I’m spending a surprising amount of time simply spectating. I was very pleased to hear that the spectator mode would be built upon recently, it will be great to see it polished up in the future.

I love the game and actually playing it, but seeing certain events take place from a free-roam camera to follow both teams has been quite enjoyable. Thought I would mention it as if spectating alone is fun, then it’s a big plus. Kudos to the devs and everyone involved. Fantastic title.

Against my better judgement, because it’s not something I do - I uploaded this anyway. Awful commentary ahoy, but still some good gameplay regardless.

[youtubehd:3b5lb57k]VdPFz_qvAKg[/youtubehd:3b5lb57k]

• Will watch later, just want to say I agree, spectating is much fun =) This game is really exciting and I look forward to future content, especially the upcoming patch with new maps and… FLAILS!!!

• Nice commentary, also stuff like this is good because it gets people into the game.

I like how you keep the camera steady too and focusing on the action, rather than flicking back / forth every 0.00001 second like some do hehe.

• That was surprisingly fun to watch. Keep it up!

• I can’t really get into it without the ability to cycle through players, see their names, see their health, watch from first person or watch from third person without the camera shaking. Hopefully the features are added soon like they should have been like 2 years before they launched the game.

• Are you calling them “Aquatans”?

• Don’t be silly. They’re called Aquatabs.

• I may not know what anybody saw in it at all, but I popped in for another game anyway. Expect more of the same…

39mmsdqYRSI

• @BobT36:

Nice commentary, also stuff like this is good because it gets people into the game.

I like how you keep the camera steady too and focusing on the action, rather than flicking back / forth every 0.00001 second like some do hehe.

Yeah; the commentary was great, getting some weapons references in would be good. Nice Cam work. I could watch some more; good effort.

• Thank you.

I agree that in future, I’ll have to make more of an effort on the finer details. It helps to be informative.

• You could tell the Mason team were going to lose that one. :P

When that one archer gets through when everyone is too far forward, they don’t learn from it.

But yes, this is one of the few games where I can actually enjoy watching other people play. Most games I honestly don’t give a crap about spectating, but Chivalry in spectator mode sorta makes me feel like someone who is attending Colosseum gladiatorial games back in the day. :D