Remove MAA Fire

• Now that Men at Arms are the favorite class because everyone just spam clicks and dashses around everywhere, its making Team Objective and KOTH really annoying because half the team is now MAA who just spam the fire pots everywhere… Can we do something about it? Its the only weapon/attack int he game you can’t block, and annoying as hell.

• You can do something about it - kill them.

• @JHoersten2:

You can do something about it - kill them.

I wish there was +rep on this forum, because you would’ve just got some :P

Anyway, yeah - kill them.

• So you are saying we should remove this weapon because you cannot block it when it’s entire purpose is to be unblockable to counter shield use and only does like 25% (maximum?) of your HP in damage? What next? Smoke pot because when you archer it blocks your view?

@Kocrachon:

Now that Men at Arms are the favorite class because everyone just spam clicks and dashses around everywhere

I’m pretty sure vanguards are the most played class. Knight being very close second. Maybe vice versa? Besides, not everyone even uses the teleport…I mean dodge… properly anyway.

• @Slaughtervomit:

Besides, not everyone even uses the teleport…I mean dodge… properly anyway.

xD

• Lololololol. Posts like this make my day while simultaneously chipping away at my faith in humanity.

• I won’t lie, I’ve been playing a crapload of MAA lately. It’s a heck of a lot of fun being all ninja-like… Maul is still #1 in my mind, though! (followed by fists)

• I’m at least happy to see a thread about Men-at-Arms being overpowered among the sea of “Vanguard OP” threads.

• @Slaughtervomit:

So you are saying we should remove this weapon because you cannot block it when it’s entire purpose is to be unblockable to counter shield use and only does like 25% (maximum?) of your HP in damage? What next? Smoke pot because when you archer it blocks your view?

I’m pretty sure vanguards are the most played class. Knight being very close second. Maybe vice versa? Besides, not everyone even uses the teleport…I mean dodge… properly anyway.

Don’t necessarily need them removed, but do something. The class is OP and annoying as shit. They can dash/teleport which is far better than knights blocking, they can still parry, they have an unblockable attack, and they are the fastest class in the game, so if they dash and run way, not much you can do if you don’t carry a ranged with you. And even that provides limited support. They can dash sideways so fast that it makes it easier for them to strike you, and they do pretty decent damage. And since Parry is stupid easy in this game, they have no need for their shield either…

• MAA
    Camp at an ammo box
    ???

• Removing it altogether is a bit too much. But, I do feel the Firepot requires some changes. It is supposed to be a CC item, yet it is used more for single target nuking.

Perhaps lowering the initial burst damage, while increasing the damage of the fire residue that remains on the ground, enlarging its effective radius and giving a slight movement reduction as long as you remain in the fire would make it somewhat more adept to its role and a more interesting item altogether.

• @Slaughtervomit:

So you are saying we should remove this weapon because you cannot block it when it’s entire purpose is to be unblockable to counter shield use and only does like 25% (maximum?) of your HP in damage? What next? Smoke pot because when you archer it blocks your view?

@Kocrachon:

Now that Men at Arms are the favorite class because everyone just spam clicks and dashses around everywhere

Why are you smoking pot again?

• @Fragbert:

Your actual point being …?

• @carrion:

@Fragbert:

Have some humor, or did you miss that in his post? I know what he meant to say but it was quite hilarious the way he worded it.

• @Fragbert:

@carrion:

@Fragbert:

Have some humor, or did you miss that in his post? I know what he meant to say but it was quite hilarious the way he worded it.

Well, sorry. I spend too much time on the steam forum. Messes up my troll sensor. ;)

• It’s no problem, I understand. I’ve almost 1800 karma on Gamefaqs. I wade in trolls daily.

• Omg, an MAA whine-thread!? Those jokes go down with 1-2 hits, just dont let them fool you. And what could be easier then evading those stupid fire pots? OK, KOTH might be a problem since you have to guard this little area, but still, they cant drop fire pots all the time.

So, stop complaining, MAN THE FUCK UP AND FIGHT!

• I was running MAA and Javiliner and this player “Varia” something kept potting me. First it was humorous. Then it was annoying. More then, it was a sign that person was out to get me and yet a sign that I was again going to kill them. Varia only went after me and successfully killed me maybe 3 times out of 27 give a few more kills. We played many rounds and I joked around how they kept potting me. It was flattering as I was still able to hold my own give about half of my life was gone in a single attack.

Firepots have a purpose and not everyone is running MAA. Very, VERY few people play them and even fewer play them well. You don’t roll firepots for kills, you scatter and skirmish with them.

• At the very least slow them down to everyone esles speed. Nothing more annoying than hitting them once, and they dodge backwards and run away from battle. All because they can regen health that way…

OR take away health regen for MAA. All they do is hit and run and its annoying as hell.

• @Kocrachon:

At the very least slow them down to everyone esles speed. Nothing more annoying than hitting them once, and they dodge backwards and run away from battle. All because they can regen health that way…

OR take away health regen for MAA. All they do is hit and run and its annoying as hell.

That is indeed very annoying, not in a fun way… definately not. Its just a pain in the ass…