Fix the 3rd person archer crosshair

• So I tried the 3rd person view of the archer and realized that the crosshair is not accurate depending on which angle your camera is set. If the camera angle is set directly behind the character then the crosshair hits on target and straight, but if its to the right or to the left, then the arrows will not hit the center spot but will be instead either too much to the left or to the right from the center of the crosshair.

Not sure if this bug has been reported before, so I’m just throwing it out there and hope that it will get fixed.

• oh is that why I keep missing, dang

• oh is that why I keep missing, dang

• Sounds pretty difficult to work with, any game with a third-person aspect and shooting is normally never spot on with accuracy because where it’s being launched from is not where the cross-hair is pointing at. The cross-hair is actually tilted to the right.

So what is happening is the cross-hair is tilting at an angle from where it actually should be; so it’s pretty hard for it to be accurate if you’re not in first person.

I don’t think you’ll be very satisfied by anything they try to attempt by improving third person archery; I’d recommend just to simply play in first person as an archer and switch when you are not.

• I’ve played other 3rd person games and the crosshair was spot on, but even if they can do so minor improvements it would be nice, the damn thing is just not even close the center at all. So any fixing would be beneficial.

• the damn thing is just not even close the center at all. So any fixing would be beneficial.

–---------------------------------------
    runescape gold|wow gold kaufen|diablo 3 gold

• It consistently hits on the very left tip of the cross hair if you’re over the shoulder on the right. That being said, yea it needs to be fixed.

• Agreed. Firing an arrow and switching to your secondary vs a charging opponent is hard enough. But I have to switch from Arrows to sword, AND 1st person to 3rd person at the same time. Difficult even with all the appropriate buttons bound to mouse buttons.

Also something that would make archers much more playable (running the risk of making them overpowered) is giving them dodge. BUT making it take way more stamina for them to do it, so they only get to use it once or maybe twice in a fight, god if the archers had that and a functional 3rd person ranged view I wouldn’t play any other class, so maybe it’s a good thing they don’t.

• Its not just the archer. Melee weapons are off as well.

So if you are blocking in 3rd person you are pointing to the wrong spot.

• If you’re going to play in thirdperson, then your playstyle needs to adjust accordingly. It is a DIFFERENT STYLE OF GAME IN THIRDPERSON. Stop blaming the devs, alright? Good.

• @Hadron:

If you’re going to play in thirdperson, then your playstyle needs to adjust accordingly. It is a DIFFERENT STYLE OF GAME IN THIRDPERSON. Stop blaming the devs, alright? Good.

I would hardly call a crosshair position bug as a ‘different style’

• Yeah, its really annoying when I play in 3rd person and block but because the crosshair is off, I get my head chopped off. Hopefully they can fix this issue in this upcoming patch.