Strong Rivers (SWEPT OFF FEET)

• Would be fun if there was a type of water called Strong River Where if players step in it they will be swept off their feet and they face plant in the water and they drift very fast losing health beacuse they’re banging heads on rocks. And there could be a waterfall where once they reach it they have a fall animation going down and they die. This would be a funny sight :D

• You know that when you’re covered with steel you will just sink?

• @Petters:

You know that when you’re covered with steel you will just sink?

Lol I forgot about heavy armor XD

• Hmm…
    I’ve seen cars and houses being swept by rivers but i like the way most arguments get rejected in these forums.
    Ontopic it would have been a nice addition to the gameplay variation not one of top priority at this stage imo. I wouldn’t count on the posibility that the Devs can realisticaly add anything quite new to the game so close to release.
    It’s a good suggestion though for a future expansion or DLC.

• @georgatos7:

Hmm…
    I’ve seen cars and houses being swept by rivers but i like the way most arguments get rejected in these forums.
    Ontopic it would have been a nice addition to the gameplay variation not one of top priority at this stage imo. I’m wouldn’t count on the posibility that the Devs can realisticaly add anything quite new to the game so close to release.
    It’s a good suggestion though for a future expansion or DLC.

Yeah, “Funny ways to die” now only for 10$!

• @Petters:

Yeah, “Funny ways to die” now only for 10$!

It can easily be a new level pack with a physics update but yeah, dat logic. The same that gets you stuck to the bottom of a river with a strong current if you’re carrying 30 pounds of armor.

• @Petters:

You know that when you’re covered with steel you will just sink?

Despite being heavy, you would have to drive your feet into the creek/river in order to not get swept away.
    If anything, having metal armor on your body would probably make it harder to stay upright with water gushing and slamming into your legs.

Also, boots have air in them. Ever tried to plant your foot into fast moving water, or any water for that matter while you have air in your boot?

I quite like the idea of rivers sweeping players off their feet. It is NEVER done in games. I see a rapid, and my player can simply jump into the water and wade across it like it’s not even moving.
    I think it should be a hazard, one which a player could possibly kicked into.

• This actually sounds like a brilliant idea.

• Anyway, it’s a good alternative for limiting the map. Instead of putting an invisible wall, you put there a strong river. :)

• Medieval shoes werent watertight nor were they high, they were at most ankle high and were poorly constructed. And it ‘was’ possible to swim with armor on, considering some harness only were about 40-90 lbs, a fit knight could easily over power the water to ‘swim’ at least to get a breath of air.
    There is more than one account of a knight falling off his horse and drowning, but not because of weight. almost ALWAYS when you fall off a horse, you hit your head, riding horses myself, its hard enough to balance on a horse going through a river or creek.
    To top it off, most people in the medieval period could not swim, its just a fact that they had no time to enjoy the water, most likely cause it was too damn cold to swim as you would die of exposure, note the fact that the medieval period was a ‘mini’ ice age, and temperatures were rarely above 70 for but a month or two.

• Fast rivers, YES. It would be kool to see a river carry your men into some peril. As for taking damage i am mixed. If one was to get themselves in a helpless position within water with some heavy armour simply drowning would be enough. i dont think a knight would be silly enough to wade into unsure waters.

However a good kick in the wrong direction, now theres a thought.