Knife fights could be a great new genre if…

• Knife fights could be a great new genre if…
    …you had an option to default to secondary weapon rather than primary when out of ammo.

In my humble opinion, knife fighting is more challenging than fisticuffs (maybe I’m just bored of fist fights). It requires a different tactical system due to the ranged throwing knife but keeps the fun of arms length fighting.

The only downside is that it’s difficult to switch from primary to secondary weapons when you run out of throwing knifes. This results in the occasional use of an “illegal weapon” and the complaints/moaning/insults that accompany this.

Remove this downside and I think you would have something that would take off in the same way that fist fights did.

• I would love love love to see server options to limit everyone to a certain weapon/type of weapon and also infinite ammo options! Could you imagine infinite oil pots? :lol:

• Knife fights are pretty fun.

My idea for throwing weapons is that when you double tap the key to use a throwing weapon, it’ll quickly pull one out and throw it and return to the weapon you were using previously - to give throwables more utility in combat rather than making them just something you mindlessly spam as you approach the front line.

• @SlyGoat:

Knife fights are pretty fun.

My idea for throwing weapons is that when you double tap the key to use a throwing weapon, it’ll quickly pull one out and throw it and return to the weapon you were using previously - to give throwables more utility in combat rather than making them just something you mindlessly spam as you approach the front line.

Part of the realism is that you have to take out your throwing weapon and prepare to throw it, by aiming, just like you would do in real life. If it was all done in a split second, I believe it would ruin the authentic mood of the game. Maybe the MAA could do this with the knives, though.

I would hate to see Knights and Vanguards throwing axes all in one move.

As for the OP, I think I like the idea of adding knives, but at the cost of your 3rd weapon choice. There is no need to change anything else.

• Let’s be honest here - nobody ever actually used throwing knives as weapons on a medieval battlefield. They would glance off even stiff leather :P

• My idea for throwing weapons is that when you double tap the key to use a throwing weapon, it’ll quickly pull one out and throw it and return to the weapon you were using previously - to give throwables more utility in combat rather than making them just something you mindlessly spam as you approach the front line.

That would be great; there are obviously a few general improvements regarding throwing weapons, however, it does sound (to the illiterate) like a major patch/change. All i’m asking for is (i think) a very small patch that would improve the knife fighting genre.

Part of the realism is that you have to take out your throwing weapon and prepare to throw it, by aiming, just like you would do in real life. If it was all done in a split second, I believe it would ruin the authentic mood of the game. Maybe the MAA could do this with the knives, though.

I would hate to see Knights and Vanguards throwing axes all in one move.

Yes; don’t change the switch from throwing knifes to stabbing/slashing knifes, it’s realistic as it is. The only problem with knife fights is pulling out an “illegal weapon”, fix this by having a choice to default to secondary weapon and we will have a really viable variation.

It’s only Man at Arms that can bring to bear both stabbing/slashing and throwing knifes, so no need to change this. Just need to stop them pulling out an axe/sword/mace by accident.

• Let’s be honest here - nobody ever actually used throwing knives as weapons on a medieval battlefield. They would glance off even stiff leather

Fists???