This is garbage, Torn Banner.

• Hello everyone! First let me start off with I wanted to get this game for a very long time, and rather than digging into my wallet, a friend gifted this to me on steam! I was delighted, ecstatic and joyful to say the least. Installation/downloading was seamless, as expected. Great! Now lets get into the gameplay. Not 10 minutes into starting the tutorial, I get crashes. Why? I don’t know, I can guarantee you though that it’s not my computer. What I’m using is an:
    MSI GT70
    Intel i7 core
    12 GB of RAM
    nVidia GT670m w/3 GB dedicated video memory
    Over 3 Ghz clock speed.
    In short, my laptop is no slouch, and can run BF3 on ultra with 50 FPS.

Despite having to restart doing the tutorial, SEVERAL TIMES, I actually enjoyed the game! Gameplay was fun, seemed smooth and was in general very appealing to my eyes. So far the game is great right? WRONG. I immediately wanted to slay some human controlled pixels rather than AI, so of course I go to ‘Server Browser’. Now I’m sure you’ve ALL heard it by now, nothing, 0, zip, you get the point, 0 servers showed up on the list. Confused, I use the best tool to diagnose this problem; common sense and Google. Immediately I notice this problem is widespread, and isn’t just limited to me. I look up fixes, and I probably have red EVERY, SINGLE, THREAD regarding this problem. I have tried literally all of the so-called ‘solutions’ to this problem, to no avail. I close the game, restart steam, change all of my settings, look in my config files, check everything, and try again. Nothing. I uninstall, remove the game from my computer, delete every file associated with it, and re-download the game hoping it was just a faulty download I got from Steam.

So far I have never purchased or played a single game by Torn Banner. But as I can already tell that with every thread that comes up with this question, that they immediately point fingers at Steam, and have the user, dig around to get the solution. That, in my opinion is appalling. In the end, after they give you all of the ‘fixes’ they have, if the OP does not get a solution, they close the thread and just blame it on Steam. What I have tried so far:

Closing/opening the game numerous times.
    Exiting/re-starting Steam.
    Deleting EVERY file relating to this game.
    Re-downloading it again.
    Everything mentioned in the other threads ever.
    And yes, I’ve turned on/off my computer, I’m not an idiot Torn Banner.

So far my thoughts of Torn Banner are subpar, but I hope they can make me change my mind about getting my friends money back for this game, which I thought would be absolutely amazing!

Thanks for taking your time and reading this. I will eagerly await a reply from someone who can help!

I included my log file BTW

• Try going into filter settings for the servers and if its on game speed 90% change it too 100%. If it is already at 100% change it to something else then back to 100%. This had happened to me before and hopefully that will fix your problem.

• I am on the same situation as you Semaj8james.

• @Fuel:

Try going into filter settings for the servers and if its on game speed 90% change it too 100%. If it is already at 100% change it to something else then back to 100%. This had happened to me before and hopefully that will fix your problem.

Trust me, I’ve tried that. If you did in fact read my post, you will see that I stated I have literally tried every single method of ‘fixing’ this.

• I assume you clicked refresh after doing those changes?
    Try connecting to a server by clicking connect to server from this thread
    viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7082
    That should launch the game for you and connect you to a server.

• So you’ve never been able to play multiplayer on it? Dunno if its been said, but maybe try disabling your firewall all the way and try to connect, or make sure ports are unblocked, but I don’t know which ports, maybe someone else can help there.
    I know its a basic reply, didn’t see you mention if you did that, but its worth a shot, you won’t regret buying this game when you get in mp!

• @xDefianTx:

So you’ve never been able to play multiplayer on it? Dunno if its been said, but maybe try disabling your firewall all the way and try to connect, or make sure ports are unblocked, but I don’t know which ports, maybe someone else can help there.
    I know its a basic reply, didn’t see you mention if you did that, but its worth a shot, you won’t regret buying this game when you get in mp!

Oh yeah forgot to mention that. I disabled my firewall, disabled AV, opened all ports relating to this game, whitelisted it eniterly etc. The official servers are under port 7777 I believe.
    I’ve been able to MP in two seperate sessions by going to > ` open (ip of server) > enter.
    Now whenever I try to connect to that server it says “Connection to the host has been lost”
    I appreciate the help though my good friend! :)

• Hey why dont you look around on this configuration that this guy did
    http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=3137&start=140#p66963

I bring this up because he opens 1 more port that you arent opening, quoting him it says

" Once you get through all of the above, the ports that are needed are:

"

Hope it helps

• I have to agree with you.Consider yourself lucky you can do training though! Many people (me included) cant even reach the main menu!

I’m surprised that the game has been so well received and the developers aren’t checking the support forum as regularly as the maybe should. I know its been Christmas and all but its about time something was done surely??

• Sorry if this is a bit of a non-response at the moment, the developers (only 2 of which are programmers that can help with things like this) are currently busy working on a content / bugfix patch for Chiv that is due out this month, hopefully Server browser improvements will be included.

Mods will shortly be bringing up the issue of needing a bit more support from the devs here (since we are simply volunteers and not trained tech support staff heh), so hopefully after that, and the patch is out we’ll be able to get some more support for you.

You won’t have played any other games by Torn Banner since this is their first! The only other thing some of them have done is the Age of Chivalry HL2 mod (of which this game is based on). Therefore although I understand it is frustrating and you expect a product you have bought to just work, please try and understand that the huge success of the game by this small indie team will have been quite unexpected, and they won’t have expected to be supporting this many different configurations!

As to your problems with the server browser, I’m personally not sure what else you can do if you’ve already attempted the fixes in the common issues threads here (with the speed switching, then clicking Refresh and so on). Maybe try and add that additional port to your firewall? Bit strange though since I’ve never had to do that with mine for this game at least. Unless it uses common ports that I’ve already had in anyway. :S

But yes a lot of the server browser issues ARE with Steam, as it is pulling your username and other stuff directly from that. As far as I understand it the devs have been working on fixes for this, which will hopefully be out shortly. We don’t have a specific date just yet though, but will hopefully have an update soon, hang tight!