You Guys Like Anime?

• What anime is your favorite? What is your least favorite? :)

I just recently watched Spirited Away… Oh my god it was really awesome!

Usually, I like really violent ones, but this one was good! Definatly a must see for even non-anime fans!

I don’t really care for a lot of the “mainstream” animes (DBZ, Bleach, Naruto, ect.), I tend to watch ones with few episodes and less “filler” type episodes.

• All Studio Ghibli movies are awesome. You should watch them all… I mean ALL.

Grave of the Fireflies was so horribly sad. I cried.
    While Totoro was full of joy and life.
    Kiki’s Delivery Service makes you open your eyes.
    And Castle in the Sky makes your heart open wide.

What. Did. I. Just. Do. There.

• Of the past few years, Madoka, Tiger & Bunny and Mirai Nikki have been my favorite. C and Anohana were also quite good, and Deadman Wonderland was pretty decent too. Actually 2011 was just a really good year for anime; 2012 not so much (Mirai Nikki started in 2011 and ended in 2012 so I’m calling it the best of 2012), although I haven’t seen Kids on the Slope, and know nothing about it other than I’m sure it’s awesome because it’s directed by Shinichiro Watanabe (Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo).

All-time favorite is hard to pin down. Just off the top of my head, Monster, Gurren Lagann, Higurashi, FMA Brotherhood, Steins;Gate, Clannad, Death Note, and of course the previously mentioned Cowboy Bebop were all fantastic. And I’m not even factoring in movies because that just complicates things even more.

Least favorite - no contest, Evangelion. There are far worse out there, but there are none so overrated.

• A Monster Hunter anime would be cool.

• Samurai 7 Oh my god.

Claymore Oh my god.

Watch these 2 animes if you can.

• Claymore has the rare distinction of being too well composed for the level of intricacy and character details presented in the first 11 or so episodes, and otherwise being a great anime until somewhere near the end (as most know the last few episodes were a deviation from the original source etc).

for anime fans and those interested but not familiar with the medium’s qualities I think Chihayafuru is a sound recommendation for friendly viewing. As to those who are inured to anime’s eccentricities or can abide a few challenging scenarios I would usually recommend Mawaru Penguindrum.

• I thought cartoons are for kids and teens.

• Ah… well… other than a few episodes from a series that caught my interest once, I’ve only actually watched a few of the movies.

Spirited Away. Was… well, I didn’t quite get it, but it was fun.
    Princess Mononoke, again didn’t get it through my head. I was kind of forced to watch that.
    Kiki’s Deliver Service. It Was ok. I don’t remember half of it but I liked it when I was younger.
    Hal’s Moving Castle. I liked it.
    Castle in the Sky. Very cute movie. Very good.

I think that about sums it up for me. I kind of agree with Kimiko that all Studio Ghibli movies, those beautiful hand-drawn classic Japanese animations, are all great. I haven’t seen them all myself, but even if you aren’t into anime they are all worth watching, as they all tell beautiful stories in very unique fashions.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

I thought cartoons are for kids and teens.

I also watch South Park and read webcomics. 'sup?

• @SlyGoat:

@rumpelstiltskin:

I thought cartoons are for kids and teens.

I also watch South Park and read webcomics. 'sup?

Badass!

• I showed my siblings Spirited away last week for the first time. being the very first Anime I ever saw as a child, that movie holds fond memories.

• I love Animes! Watch them in all in original language. With subs though. ;)

Every chilvalry player should watch Berserk. ;)

• @Jan:

I love Animes! Watch them in all in original language. With subs though. ;)

Every chilvalry player should watch Berserk. ;)

Berzerk is a good one! I liked the part where he punched that white haired girly guy in the face! POW! Take that, fruit cup!

• 7pSmhZFbCy0

• Best Anime of all time: TRIGUN. See avatar :)

Don’t have a least favorite since I only watch a whole series that I like, which is only action or action comedy. Don’t do that school girl fetish anime, find it creepy.

• Berserk - best anime/manga ever.

Watch all 20 something episodes.

• I’ve been thinking about watching Hellsing… It seems really violent. This is a good thing.

• @Slaughtervomit:

I’ve been thinking about watching Hellsing… It seems really violent. This is a good thing.

Do it! But make sure you watch the original and not that awful remake. The original is rougher on the art style, but it is much better. That is another one of my favorites.

• @ChuckingIt:

@Slaughtervomit:

I’ve been thinking about watching Hellsing… It seems really violent. This is a good thing.

Do it! But make sure you watch the original and not that awful remake. The original is rougher on the art style, but it is much better. That is another one of my favorites.

Thanks! I will check that one out!

• Ghost in the Shell. The immersion in that anime is so well done, it’s unreal… If you like the few first episodes, you won’t get disappointed with the rest.