Stabs queuing when they shouldn't(video inside)

• So as you already know, stabs SHOULDN’t queue. They’re not like LMB where swings queue. If you scroll forward any amount of times, you will ONLY do one swing, unless you scroll forward after the swing has finished. Welp, there’s this issue that seems to only plague me and a few friends of mine.

Tested with all classes, still happens occassionally. Basically, after a “perfect parry”, you can clearly see the animation “skip” and after that faster “perfect parry” I scroll forward a number of times, and ONLY after that perfect parry, my stabs queue. You can see me perfect parry, the animation skip to where I’m about to stab, and then I do two stabs in a row without me doing anything to warrant the second swing. This really breaks my style as I have to always consciously feint my second stab because I know I perfect parried. Does this happen to anyone else or am I alone here? Are the devs even aware about this queuing issue.

Note: I didn’t get the “perfect parry stab” till the second try.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TbE9vFxu8Y

• I’ve had this issue with every attack type “queueing up” without comboing - even attacks capable of comboing, they’d simply launch on their own after my recovery from a previous attack ended.

I just got a new mouse, so I’m going to see if it still happens - if not we can put it down to a hardware issue and perhaps get some more insight into what kind of mice have the problem, since from what I’ve seen it doesn’t happen to everyone.

• Happens to me a lot. Dead annoying. Tried making a thread earlier but people didn’t seem to believe it. It needs to be fixed.

• Has happened to me a few times as well. I always thought I accidentally scrolled the wheel somehow but now it seems this is more of a bug than a user error.

• @SlyGoat:

I’ve had this issue with every attack type “queueing up” without comboing - even attacks capable of comboing, they’d simply launch on their own after my recovery from a previous attack ended.

Yes I’ve definitely had this a fair number of times.

• Not sure if this is the same thing, but I can’t count the number of times I’ve respawned, only to have a teammate immediately respawn behind me and instantly stab me in the butt with a greatsword. -__-

• Yeah, still happens with my new mouse. Shame :|

• @SlyGoat:

Yeah, still happens with my new mouse. Shame :|

Happens on my Steelseries Kana and my friend’s Razer Deathadder. So it is a bug? How would we go about getting this to the devs attention, because I feel like this has slipped under the radar.

• Have this happen a lot and now sometimes way after swing I hit RMB and it does an LMB when obviously it should not. Sometimes also starting to run makes me attack, at first I thought it was accident push on mouse but it is not.

• I do have this issue as well, but I’m pretts sure in my case it is a mouse problem because it happens in other games as well. So make sure to check on that first.

• @SlyGoat:

I’ve had this issue with every attack type “queueing up” without comboing - even attacks capable of comboing, they’d simply launch on their own after my recovery from a previous attack ended.

I think this happens when you begin a combo unintentionally with the intent on cancelling it, but are flinched before you can hit Q. Since the cancel command is locked out during the flinch, the combo proceeds the instant you recover from the flinch.

My mouse wheel also tends to rebound when I roll it, resulting in unintentional thrust/overhead combos, but that’s my own fault.

• No flinching involved. Most often I’ll notice this when I’ve just killed someone, and as I’m walking away my character randomly starts a swing.

• Tibbs(or someone on the dev team) where are you! Oh welp, hopefully this has been addressed in the next patch, although I unfortunately doubt it.

• I have the same thing happen quite frequently. It’s annoying as it wastes my stamina and it can get me killed at times.

Always thought it was just me who accidentally queued up a second attack, but now it might seem like there’s a game flaw of sorts.

• Talked to Tibbs in game the other day and as I suspected he isn’t aware of this issue :(.

• I’m using a keyboard for my stabs and overhead and I have the same issue. I press once on R (stab) and it fires out 2 consecutive stabs. Seems to happen after feints or parries.

• @stickytape:

Not sure if this is the same thing, but I can’t count the number of times I’ve respawned, only to have a teammate immediately respawn behind me and instantly stab me in the butt with a greatsword. -__-

omg I laughed

• @stickytape:

Not sure if this is the same thing, but I can’t count the number of times I’ve respawned, only to have a teammate immediately respawn behind me and instantly stab me in the butt with a greatsword. -__-

I think that tends to happen when people die just as the new wave is being respawned and are therefore respawned almost instantly after their death.

As far as the stabs comboing up it happens to me all the time, most of all with the longsword for some reason.

• I am incredibly disappointed that the devs were not aware of this. It is an EXTREMELY important issue and one that people will notice when it happens to them; new players who see it will begin to form the view that all the controls are just clunky, unresponsive and inconsistent.

I’m using a keyboard for my stabs and overhead and I have the same issue. I press once on R (stab) and it fires out 2 consecutive stabs. Seems to happen after feints or parries.

This is VERY interesting. If this is true then it means it is not a mouse issue but a definite game issue.

FIX NEEDED.

• Yes, this is a huge problem and gets me killed all the time.