Small improvement for crossbow users

• Everyone knows that when you reload with a crossbow, you look down. What not everyone knows is that where you look at while reloading depends on where you were aiming at when pressing the R key. So if you look up and press R you can see who is coming, but it’s extremely silly to do so because you have full vision and I guess it looks terrible for others to see someone reloading a crossbow while aiming at the sky. It does make you a better crossbow user because you’ll know if someone is coming to kill you, but it’s as I said - silly. You could call it gameplay mechanics abuse or simply skill, but I don’t think this was intended

My idea: Make the vision where you look at static (so it doesn’t depend where you were looking at) but: please let us see at least some meters in front of us so we can cancel reloading if someone is coming. We don’t want to see the damn horizon, just some meters to gives us enough time to cancel reloading and switch weapon. It’s already extremely annoying to get 1shot by 80% of the classes. We also get backstabbed, a lot. We don’t need to die from someone charging at us from the front because we don’t see them coming while reloading :)

Best regards and keep being awesome

• the abillity too look around while reloading, ok.
    a better animation for the pavise xbows to be more protected while reloading ( and dont need to look fully up) makes sense.

i find that the pavise carriers should be the slowest archers (around as fast as vanguards or slower since armor is balanced all over your body, a clunky board of wood on your back not). would be cool too so some would choose to go to war without to be faster and more usefull in close combat.

• Wasn’t there an automatic or semi-auto crossbow back then? If so, that could be fun if balanced properly… I guess machine guns wouldn’t be a good part of Chivalry, though :lol:

• @Slaughtervomit:

Wasn’t there an automatic or semi-auto crossbow back then? If so, that could be fun if balanced properly… I guess machine guns wouldn’t be a good part of Chivalry, though :lol:

inb4 Call of Chivalry: Medieval Warfare 2

• @poiuasd:

@Slaughtervomit:

Wasn’t there an automatic or semi-auto crossbow back then? If so, that could be fun if balanced properly… I guess machine guns wouldn’t be a good part of Chivalry, though :lol:

inb4 Call of Chivalry: Medieval Warfare 2

What about dragon call-ins when you get like 5 kills? They could breathe fire on the area and burn people!

• Spy pidgeons provide a mini-map.

• @Slaughtervomit:

What about dragon call-ins when you get like 5 kills? They could breathe fire on the area and burn people!

Its called the trebuchet

• Maybe a nice red dot or 4x scope for the ol xbow

• Crossbow users should be able to fly around.

• @Slaughtervomit:

Crossbow users should be able to fly around.

The pavise on their back splits from the center and spreads out as wings.

• @poiuasd:

@Slaughtervomit:

Crossbow users should be able to fly around.

The pavise on their back splits from the center and spreads out as wings.

Yeah but the time it takes to transform should be buffed… Takes WAAAY too long. While I am waiting for my pavise to transform, I have like 5 vanguards lmb spamming their propeller halberds and waiting for me up there…

• I want to use my pavise shield as a surf board, just like legolas. Thanks for bumping the topic anyways.

ontopic: It’s not a big issue or a priority, but it would still be nice to have it fixed