Disarming opponents

• I know it’s a long shot suggesting this, and it has probably been suggested before, but I believe it could be a great addition to the game and skill ceiling. I also believe that secondary weapons don’t see enough use, they almost seem unnecessary, so maybe adding an option to disarm opponents would make the game more fun. I don’t know how it would affect balance though. Just an idea :)

• I think this would be a good secondary effect of the fire pot. If someone walks in the flames they lose whatever weapon they were using at the time.

• @Bobby_Budnick:

I think this would be a good secondary effect of the fire pot. If someone walks in the flames they lose whatever weapon they were using at the time.

Sounds great! Maybe you could also lower the movement speed of fire pot victims by 50% since, you know, fire hurts. And it should prevent health regen for at least five minutes. Also, the affected area needs to at least triple. And everyone should have at least 5 of those. What fun times. :(
    You’re the guy with the wizards, right? ^^

• wtf are they talking about? i thought its disarming? since when does fire steal your weapons?XD

anyways. no, disarming is a feature which will not fit in chivaly due to the balance. erryone would just sit there waiting for the enemy to do an attack, disarm them and kill them.

that would trash 90% of the whole game away.

• you actually can disarm people… it’s my favorite vanguard death animation 8-)

…had to be done

• I would like some sort of disarm system that forces you into your secondary. I haven’t thought of a system that works though. I don’t think the firepot should do it given it’s role and success doing said role.

Maybe in a hardcore mode where you take specific zone dmg and they have effects.

i.e.
    1. Attacks to the shield arm disables the use of the shield.
    2. Attacks to the non-dominant hand while wielding a 2/h wpn forces you to your 2ndary.
    3. Leg attacks slow you down

It would be interesting a system they could get to work without crippling classes.

• @tlbww:

I would like some sort of disarm system that forces you into your secondary. I haven’t thought of a system that works though. I don’t think the firepot should do it given it’s role and success doing said role.

Maybe in a hardcore mode where you take specific zone dmg and they have effects.

i.e.
    1. Attacks to the shield arm disables the use of the shield.
    2. Attacks to the non-dominant hand while wielding a 2/h wpn forces you to your 2ndary.
    3. Leg attacks slow you down

It would be interesting a system they could get to work without crippling classes.

sounds good! countering shields and a reason to attack feet are great :p

• @Thorendir:

wtf are they talking about? i thought its disarming? since when does fire steal your weapons?XD

anyways. no, disarming is a feature which will not fit in chivaly due to the balance. erryone would just sit there waiting for the enemy to do an attack, disarm them and kill them.

that would trash 90% of the whole game away.

The next patch sees the fire pot buffed to become a molten lava pot which melts your weapon, armour, and changes whatever class you are playing as to a Peasant with a sling and hunting knife.

• Can we avoid talking about buffing firepots? They’re already broken beyond belief as it is.

• No. It won’t add to the skill celing, just end matches more prematurely.

• agreed, it’d be interesting to see more use of secondary weapons, however careful consideration would have to be given to make sure it didn’t affect the flow of battle