Chivalry Server Hosting + Free .COM Domain, Website & TS3

• Dark Fiber Hosting

[attachment=0:337w1b44]bunGW.png[/attachment:337w1b44]
    Chivalry Server Plans: http://clients.darkfiberhost.in/cart.php?gid=10

When you sign up now for a 24 or 32 Slot Server on a 3 month term you’ll get a free .com domain. Additionally you can use the following promo code to get a month a FREE month of Basic Clan Hosting for your clan website. You need to purchase or own the 24 or 32 Slot Server for the hosting discount!

Promo Code: CHIVALROUS

We’ll also throw in a 50 Slot Teamspeak server to anyone who purchases the 24/32 Slot Server + Redeems the hosting!

We Do Not Oversell! 2 Clients Per Server!

Demo Servers
    Demo Server FFA #1 (Canada) - [server:337w1b44]142.4.210.60:7777[/server:337w1b44]
    Demo Server FFA #2 (Canada) - [server:337w1b44]142.4.210.60:7779[/server:337w1b44]
    Demo Server FFA #3 (France) - [server:337w1b44]5.39.80.69:7777[/server:337w1b44]

Note: To redeem the free hosting, ensure you added to your cart before you enter the promo code.

-Dark Fiber Hosting

• Added Europe Servers

• I’m honestly not trolling or thread hijacking - but don’t you think those prices are a tad over priced? I mean, I can host an 8-slot server at home for no cost and no lag (I don’t have very good internet). I understand you need to pay for bandwidth and upkeep etc. but 32 slot server only takes up 1-2 GB RAM. You can rent a 4 GB server for $40 and host 2-3 servers on it. The free .com sweetens the deal I suppose.

• Ram isn’t all you need to consider. You’d have to consider the CPU usage as well in terms of Gameserver hosting I’d say CPU usage is the most common/important bottleneck followed by bandwidth then RAM.

I’ll be happy to setup a demo for you =)

• Chiv only uses around 300megs on 24 slots. CPU usage on L5420 is also very low on 24 slots, but after 24 slots it gets wild. Bandwidth is negligible since we have a 100 meg port and way more bandwidth than we require.

• @bosco:

Chiv only uses around 300megs on 24 slots. CPU usage on L5420 is also very low on 24 slots, but after 24 slots it gets wild. Bandwidth is negligible since we have a 100 meg port and way more bandwidth than we require.

Pretty sure that’s what I said.
    We also only run 2 Clients per server.

• Bump.

• @KingArthur:

I can host an 8-slot server at home for no cost and no lag

I’m doing the same with a 16 slot server off the PC I play with - no problems. Why people pay for these in a game with 50% empty servers already beats me. Too many servers, not enough players atm.

• @JHoersten2:

@KingArthur:

I can host an 8-slot server at home for no cost and no lag

I’m doing the same with a 16 slot server off the PC I play with - no problems. Why people pay for these in a game with 50% empty servers already beats me. Too many servers, not enough players atm.

People buy servers for a bunch of different reasons. A few can be found below:

1. There are no local servers nearby (hosted in the same city)
    2. Don’t want to put up with “idiots” on their servers
    3. Want to play with their friends/clans
    4. Privacy

Most of the people that do buy servers buy them for their clans/guild so that they don’t have to put up with trolls,etc.

Now, I kindly request that you stop hi-jacking the thread. If you’ve got a problem with server companies you can go vent elsewhere.

• @DarkFiberHosting:

People buy servers for a bunch of different reasons. A few can be found below:

1. There are no local servers nearby (hosted in the same city)
    2. Don’t want to put up with “idiots” on their servers
    3. Want to play with their friends/clans
    4. Privacy

Most of the people that do buy servers buy them for their clans/guild so that they don’t have to put up with trolls,etc.

Now, I kindly request that you stop hi-jacking the thread. If you’ve got a problem with server companies you can go vent elsewhere.

1. I hijacked your thread with one post, replying to another post IN the same thread? That’s ridiculous and illogical. A direct reply to content discussed is hardly “hijacking”.

2. I was venting about server companies? Stating that most servers in-game aren’t populated is a direct hit against server companies? Again, illogical and grasping at strings here. It’s as if you’re trying to hide the fact that most servers aren’t being played on by claiming I’m just “venting”.

3. I’ll now directly rebut your points - Hosting my own server makes it the MOST local server nearby, lets me kick/ban ANY “idiots” playing on it, gives me the BEST access to play with friends/clans, and allows great privacy, as I control all privacy settings on the computer.

It’s VERY simple to host your own server, even on a home PC, and I’ll willingly explain how to anyone who PMs me so that they don’t have to purchase a server & waste the cash.

Oh, and I only even bothered with this reply due to your arrogant post which I quoted above. Use some reasoning next time and realize points #1 & 2 that I stated, and this could have been avoided.

• Hi.

• @wisesifu:

Hi.

Did you ever get your server browser list issue resolved? You never relied back in your thread.

Anyways, with regards to the Domain Name/Server combination, it’s just there to get new clans off the ground by providing them with both webhosting and a domain, in addition to setting up their first website. You don’t have to go with that option if you don’t want to.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.