Rebind slash from lmb without moving shoot?

• Slash is the most useless of the 3 buttons imo and I would rather have stab on lmb, but I can’t move slash without archer shoot and vanguard charge going with it. Using scroll wheel up for shooting bows is rather unintuitive and it can’t hold shots before releasing.

I gather that it is possible to do some advanced bindings by editing the UDKInput.ini file so would it be possible to tell it to keep shoot and charge on lmb with stab? Can’t seem to figure it out on my own.

• I bind it to thumb mouse button, but I very very rarely use an archer.

• I believe that slash and shoot may be considered the same type of attack (primary attack). It would have to be coded by the devs to separate the two. What you could do is to set a keybind that alternates between the two “setups”.

It may even be possible to do an if statement so that if you are holding a bow/crossbow, set the primary attack to lmb else, set primary attack to whatever. That way whenever you mash the switch button, you won’t have the problem of not remembering which state it is in and you could mash it
    multiple times and it will only have one precise effect depending on which weapon that you are holding.

You could go a step further and add the if statements into existing switching weapon binds to eliminate the need for an extra toggle key.

• I actually thought Attack1 was separate to Fire, but turns out they are currently not. They both come under GBA_Fire right now, so not possible to separate them in the ini file.

You could however, bind GBA_Fire to two keys. Use one key for ranged, one for melee.

You might also be able to bind LMB to stab AND slash, but make it so stab comes first - then when you use a ranged weapon, it will just ignore the stab (in theory, not tested this).

• bumping this for my own interests, this would be very amazing for the archer, as it is often difficult to use the thrusting dagger effectively by scrolling the mouse wheel or using a side button. thrusting dagger with stab bound to LMB would be AMAZING. if anyone can figure this out, i’d be eternally grateful.

• So on archer why no use right mouse click to fire your arrows and bind lmb to stab.

• @gregcau:

So on archer why no use right mouse click to fire your arrows and bind lmb to stab.

doesn’t work. if you set it this way, it interferes with parrying. what happens is shooting a bow is ONLY bound with “primary attack”. if you set primary to mouse2, the game doesn’t know if you want to swing or parry, so it will do one right after the other (for example, RMB would parry and then follow up with a slash attack). i noticed this initially because i tried to set both stab and slash to mouse1, hoping somehow the game would make me stab exclusively and still allow me to shoot my bow with mouse1, but what happens is the game just alternates between stab and slash.

the only way this can work is if you move parry to another key, the problem here is parry feels the most natural when set as mouse2. i genuinely would not be able to parry anything unless it was bound to mouse2, it’s far too clumsy to NOT have it on a main mouse button.

the big hurdle here is that the bow ONLY fires with “primary attack”. if it would fire with secondary and tertiary as well, we could easily set it up to our liking, then we’d just put slash to wheelUP or a thumb button and be able to both stab AND shoot with mouse1.

as an archer, i feel my best melee weapon is the thrusting dagger using stab, but it is incredibly clumsy to keep scrolling up while i’m trying to get in the stabs as fast as possible AND circle strafe around someone, but it is much easier with mouse1.

• Here is a temporary solution that only would benefit archers methinks?

setbind one switchweapon 1 | setbind LeftMouseButton startfire

setbind two switchweapon 2 | setbind LeftMouseButton startstab

setbind three switchweapon 3 | setbind LeftMouseButton startstab

setbind four switchweapon 4 | setbind LeftMouseButton startstab

You could set a keybind that does all of these in one go and then set a keybind to switch them back to default if you don't want to play archer anymore.

• @ReMixx:

Here is a temporary solution that only would benefit archers methinks?

setbind one switchweapon 1 | setbind LeftMouseButton startfire

setbind two switchweapon 2 | setbind LeftMouseButton startstab

setbind three switchweapon 3 | setbind LeftMouseButton startstab

setbind four switchweapon 4 | setbind LeftMouseButton startstab

You could set a keybind that does all of these in one go and then set a keybind to switch them back to default if you don't want to play archer anymore.

I tried to test this by just doing the first two as keybinds, what happens is it will make me stab with my dagger when I hit 2 to pull it, it will properly bind the stab to LMB, but the first keybind does nothing and won’t let me fire my bow. Is “fire” the correct name for primary attack or is it something else?

Edit: Just to clarify in case I wasn’t obvious about it, the first keybind still makes me pull out my bow, meaning the first command of it is being recognized and working just fine. “startfire” just doesn’t appear to actually do anything. I tried variations such as “startattack” or “startshoot” or “startslash” and none of these did anything either.

• @ashley:

I tried to test this by just doing the first two as keybinds, what happens is it will make me stab with my dagger when I hit 2 to pull it, it will properly bind the stab to LMB, but the first keybind does nothing and won’t let me fire my bow. Is “fire” the correct name for primary attack or is it something else?

Edit: Just to clarify in case I wasn’t obvious about it, the first keybind still makes me pull out my bow, meaning the first command of it is being recognized and working just fine. “startfire” just doesn’t appear to actually do anything. I tried variations such as “startattack” or “startshoot” or “startslash” and none of these did anything either.

Hi ashley,

I think I forgot to add quotes in those. Also, the commands are slightly wrong. Try this please!

setbind one "switchweapon 1 | setbind LeftMouseButton GBA_Fire"

setbind two “switchweapon 2 | setbind LeftMouseButton GBA_StartStab”

setbind three "switchweapon 3 | setbind LeftMouseButton GBA_StartStab"

setbind four “switchweapon 4 | setbind LeftMouseButton GBA_StartStab”

• @ReMixx:

@ashley:

Hi ashley,

I think I forgot to add quotes in those. Also, the commands are slightly wrong. Try this please!

Ah, that worked perfectly, many thanks! :D

• @ashley:

@ReMixx:

Hi ashley,

Ah, that worked perfectly, many thanks! :D

You’re welcome! Happy killings (just not me) !!