MAA needs a unique weapon

• Archers have bows. Knights have mauls and poleaxes. Vanguards have spears and polearms. Man at arms have…oil pots? I think the MAA deserves it’s own unique primary weapon instead of secondary weapons from other classes. I don’t have a suggestion at the moment however.

• I never really thought about this, but now that you mention it, i agree.

• Seeing how many fisting MAAs are out there already, I say a branch of fist weapons may not be a bad idea. Maybe dual daggers too.

• Scimitar!

Ali Ba Ba Style!

• I kinda’ like that they don’t.

• Nunchaku!! :D

• Scmitar… Sounds excelent! A great fast slashing weapon, with good piercing ability but low armor penetration.

• @Syde:

Scmitar… Sounds excelent! A great fast slashing weapon, with good piercing ability but low armor penetration.

Everyone can already two-shot Vanguards so I don’t see what that weapon would accomplish.

The dodge is more than enough for me, perhaps giving them a few more throwing knives would be fun.

• Hand scythe (I don’t know technical name)

Quarterstaff?

Claws? (Like Vega from Street Fighter)

Bolas? (A rope type weapon with weighted ends that wrap around an enemy when thrown and trips them if around legs or just blunt damages them anywhere else…) <—I know tripping isn’t in game, but could slow them or something

Just a few ideas I thought could be fun :)

• Last time I checked, no other class had fire pots.

• @T_Roy:

Man at arms have…oil pots? I think the MAA deserves it’s own unique primary weapon instead of secondary weapons from other classes.

He is suggesting a primary weapon exclusive, Remixx. <3

• I think MAA should get the flail instead of the knight, it just seems to suit its high-risk-high-rewards style of play better.

• having dodge, the fastest movement speed and oil pots are the MAA special mechanics. don’t tell me the other classes wouldn’t kill to have something as great as dodge or maximum running speed. oil pots are situational, but amazingly effective in objective games. the fact a MAA can make an entire group of people disperse, from range no less, is incredibly powerful.

don’t take these abilities for granted just because the class doesn’t have a special type of weapon :D

• @Slaughtervomit:

@T_Roy:

Man at arms have…oil pots? I think the MAA deserves it’s own unique primary weapon instead of secondary weapons from other classes.

When you read as many posts as me… you stop reading. ;)

• @ReMixx:

@Slaughtervomit:

@T_Roy:

When you read as many posts as me… you stop reading. ;)

Yeah, I would imagine… Sometimes i think I am on the forums too much, then I look at your post count and realize I’m not that bad :lol:

• Well, you have axe+shield. No other class can do that combo :P

MaA is possibly getting a quarterstaff as a new, unique weapon at some point. It was mentioned as a potential weapon in one of the QA videos and it stands to reason it’d be for the MaA. Would also give him a twohanded weapon, which is an interesting change of pace.

• Not sure I like the quarterstaff idea. It seems out of place. I like the flail, but the MAA doesn’t need a counter to shields since it’s easy to hit around them with a MAA. A fist type weapon would be interesting but I don’t know how that could be balanced properly.

Edit: after some research, I’m now in favour of the quarterstaff. If it becomes a primary weapon, would one of the current ones be dropped or moved to secondary?

• Well, considering I got the MAA Veteran Helmet without even touching the class, I’d say this is a valid argument.

• if U want more throwing knives and a whole bunch of other cool stuff or just sumthing diff then every other server out there,come try my server guys, its got 6 throwing knives and 4 throwing axes plus tons of other modded stuff like low gravity more ammo on lots of weapons and way way faster arrows,just to name a few.ppl seem to be having a blast!

Rubber Ducky Modded Mayhem

• @T_Roy:

Edit: after some research, I’m now in favour of the quarterstaff. If it becomes a primary weapon, would one of the current ones be dropped or moved to secondary?

More room will be made on the weapon select screen. There’s plenty of empty space there already.