MAA needs a unique weapon

• What MAA realy need is their own special dagger.
    Currently you can use only archerdaggers that are ballanced so archers have a little disadvantage against other classes.
    The new Dagger should have a special damge type, so it is effective against knights but not overpowered against everyone else. 3-Shot against every Class no one 2-Shot

• @TheFunnySide:

What MAA realy need is their own special dagger.
    Currently you can use only archerdaggers that are ballanced so archers have a little disadvantage against other classes.
    The new Dagger should have a special damge type, so it is effective against knights but not overpowered against everyone else. 3-Shot against every Class no one 2-Shot

I hate daggers…

• Claws, knuckles, and quarterstaffs all sound like good suggestions.

• @ashley:

having dodge, the fastest movement speed and oil pots are the MAA special mechanics. don’t tell me the other classes wouldn’t kill to have something as great as dodge or maximum running speed. oil pots are situational, but amazingly effective in objective games. the fact a MAA can make an entire group of people disperse, from range no less, is incredibly powerful.

don’t take these abilities for granted just because the class doesn’t have a special type of weapon :D

I don’t think it’s any problem with their relative power to the other classes, but rather a need to add more variety and “flavor” to the class. So in a way this is an aesthetic issue.

• @Salad:

@ashley:

having dodge, the fastest movement speed and oil pots are the MAA special mechanics. don’t tell me the other classes wouldn’t kill to have something as great as dodge or maximum running speed. oil pots are situational, but amazingly effective in objective games. the fact a MAA can make an entire group of people disperse, from range no less, is incredibly powerful.

don’t take these abilities for granted just because the class doesn’t have a special type of weapon :D

I don’t think it’s any problem with their relative power to the other classes, but rather a need to add more variety and “flavor” to the class. So in a way this is an aesthetic issue.

I agree, we need a more unique feel and “flavor” when it comes to MAA’s weaponry.

• @TheFunnySide:

What MAA realy need is their own special dagger.

How about a butter knife whose damage type is blunt?

• A sickle…the one handed scythe.

And, well, as a special treat to those commoner scum, the Masons could get a hammer to go with it.

• I’d love some kind of spear for MAA.

Think of this:

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/20 … armen1.png

• @Sir:

I’d love some kind of spear for MAA.

Think of this:

Kinda stepping on the toes of the javelin.

• They need excalibur 8-)

• I say … BAZOOKA!

• @T_Roy:

Archers have bows. Knights have mauls and poleaxes. Vanguards have spears and polearms. Man at arms have…oil pots? I think the MAA deserves it’s own unique primary weapon instead of secondary weapons from other classes. I don’t have a suggestion at the moment however.

Definitely quarterstaff.

• @SlyGoat:

@Sir:

Think of this:

Not really. MAA could represent a standard spearman with this, which was the most common type of soldier in the medieval period yet is not represented in chivalry.

He would be heavier than the Javvy and without a ranged attack.

• Pulls out big book of weapons

Low effort:
    Crowbill, khukri, Katar (possibly dual).

High effort: Rapier (primary) and parrying dagger (secondary weapon, dual wielding) where the dagger can’t block projectiles but can be held, possibly for a short time to block melee.

The melee overhaul would allow the dagger to also be used as an alt swing.

Beyond flatout -different- weapons you can really only do variations of existing ones. An extremely decorative sword or axe could be what MAA needs just to feel different. However my concern is what role will the weapon fill?

The balance of speed/reach/power must be maintained, and for a class that’s only getting 1h weapons as primary and daggershits for secondary you’re not looking at a wide variety of options here.

• A set of 2 hand/hand and a half weapons would be pretty cool.

Something like this:
    1. Quarterstaff - self explanatory. Should be long and rather quick, but lacking in damage.
    2. Goedendag - A big, nasty looking club with a small metal head with a thrusting spike on it. The heaviest hitting of the 3, but lacking in speed. http://i48.tinypic.com/wqu9lj.jpg
    3. Light Bastard Sword - think a shortish Oakeshott type XIIa or XIIIa, just a bit longer than the “broadsword” (Can’t be used with the heater shield?). Would have a pretty plain design, something along these lines: http://i47.tinypic.com/905ahf.jpg This one would be the quickest of the 3. Faster, weaker and shorter than the bastard swords the knight brings to the table.

I’m quite intrigued by the idea of giving the MAA a really powerful, but slow weapon.

• A branch of quarter staves would be neat.

1. Plain old stick of wood. Lowest damage but fastest speed. Does blunt damage.
    2. Made of wood again but with some spikes on the end (think 2 Holy Water Sprinklers joined together). Would be slower but a bit more damage and does blunt/pierce damage
    3. ???

• Knucks… only usable for fisting ;-p

• @SlyGoat:

@Sir:

Think of this:

Well, javelins were rarely used as melee weapons, because they tended to be significantly smaller and more fragile than spears. Some javelins, such as the Pilum (our Heavy Javelin) were generally designed to bend, so they made incredibly impractical thrusting weapons. Chivalry’s javelins are arguably very mediocre (though justifiably so), therefore I can see a one-handed spear being quite justified.

A spear, not quite as long as the Vanguard Spear (which should be called a pike, really) so it could be used one-handed would fit alongside a Quarterstaff, and perhaps that Goedendag (spiked club). I feel using a two-handed weapon (like the staff) would impart the same dodge penalty as a shield. Otherwise, dodging with a long weapon would be a little ridiculous. Alternatively, disallow swinging while dodging with such a long weapon.

What toes this would be stepping on is the idea for a Peltast class, which would make use of a 1h spear (among other things). But, not everyone is a fan of that idea, unfortunately.

• My vote is for a fist weapon. A staff isn’t his playstyle.

MAA is all about the 1/h madness.

• I would love to see MAA have a spear. Could be like the knight’s bastard swords, where you can one or twohand it. Wouldn’t be balanced at all, but I would love to see it (just for me, fuck ya’ll). God, the OPness would be awesome. All that speed with excellent range? Yes, please.