If you are looking for another game.

• First this topic is top secret and should only be accessable for ppl who bought chivalry medieval warfare. (lawl)

Here is an epic mmorpg which im interested in. http://www.embersofcaerus.com/content.php

It has like no footage at all, just a tech demo which is technically (lol again) not impressive, but what they promise sounds pretty neat. I was really waiting for a game like this i think….

P.S. If i broke any rules :) pls just contact me and delete the topic wasnt on purpose.

• Yeah I’m interested in this game actually. I remember when they had the kickstarter up. However, it’s not going to be released til like the end of 2015. The game I’ve actually been looking forward to and have also supported is The Repopulation. http://www.therepopulation.com

• Well if you’re into indie games and supporting indie companies:

http://www.heroesofstalingrad.com/

Recent Trailer:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … JaBfZTwbsU

^ Been playing it since it was a mod for UT2004…. though since finding Chivalry, I’ve kind of stopped playing RO2 8-)

It has it’s bugs, but it’s still a fun game. The main reason why I’m not playing it much any more is due to over playing it and now waiting for some new content to be brought in.

There’s a lot of community made maps available in the Steam Workshop and a community team is working on various vehicles to add into the game.

It’s about as brutal and unforgiving as Chivalry and one of the main things that attracted me to RO was it’s attention to detail, realism and that is wasn’t another “US vs. The World” FPS… no offense… I’m just sick of playing the same weapons, missions and vehicles found in just about every other WWII FPS out there… having a focus on Russians vs. Germans is a nice change.

It’s single player is somewhat similar to what is in Chivalry, but more extended with missions between training. It’s also a lot more strategy based and you need to think about what you’re about to do, as one well placed shot from any weapon can kill, regardless of how high a level you are… there are no magical med kits, when bullets start wizzing by your head, you either hit the deck, run for cover or die.

Like Chivalry, there are weapon unlocks, leveling, specific classes, each weapon has unique characteristics, pros and cons, specific hit/damage locations, etc.

There are also objective based attack/defend matches, as well as Fire Fight, which is basically Team Deathmatch… and Countdown which is like Last Team Standing, but with Objectives.

Oh… and fully rendered tanks with interiors.

With all that said, it’s a good game, but has it’s flaws… much like any indie game. ;)

On the flip side, there’s a lengthy thread in the Tripwire (RO) forums about Chivalry:
    http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/s … hp?t=47576

• Repopulation reminds me of a fallout online game.

and yea i played ro2 tooXD and i liked it. Content and such is a lil small since it has only like 10 maps at the max and that can get really really boring.

• @Thorendir:

Repopulation reminds me of a fallout online game.

and yea i played ro2 tooXD and i liked it. Content and such is a lil small since it has only like 10 maps at the max and that can get really really boring.

Agreed about the lack of content…. I don’t play it much anymore due to the lack of content, but there are piles of community made maps that are in rotation on a number of servers that you can quickly download via Steam Workshop… and are quite popular (some are better than the dev’s maps, lol)

So while there’s about 10 maps from the devs, there’s dozens of maps from the community.

But lack of weapons and only two tanks a year and a half after release has turned me off.

Lots of talk from the devs, yet little action… actually in the last few months, there’s been no talk from the devs at all.

Coming here is a nice breath of fresh air… at least the devs haven’t ventured past their Mod Roots and still keep their community informed on what’s going on.

Hats off to the TBS guys.

But with all that said, RO2 is still a fun game… even though it’s player base is hovering down around the 1000 player mark and barely registering in Steam Stats these days. :?

• The build-the-world-you-play-in aspect of repopulation looks interesting, but combat seems a bit meh. it’s an alpha though and i’m pretty sure repopulation can be fun if done right. :P

• @carrion:

The build-the-world-you-play-in aspect of repopulation looks interesting, but combat seems a bit meh. it’s an alpha though and i’m pretty sure repopulation can be fun if done right. :P

It has great potential! We’ll see what happens :)

• Embers of Caerus looks very interesting.
    Should its development succeed, the exploration bits will have me spending a few weeks at my computer.

• Haha! yea i really hope that its going to be good… least they promised alot.

• @Kimiko:

@carrion:

The build-the-world-you-play-in aspect of repopulation looks interesting, but combat seems a bit meh. it’s an alpha though and i’m pretty sure repopulation can be fun if done right. :P

It has great potential! We’ll see what happens :)

while seemingly sincere, that post totally ruined my awesome & clever double entendre.
    i thought 2013 was about fun! :(

• No fun allowed topic. (to lazy to link lol)