New Weapon Ideas

• I have a few ideas for weapons (not sure how original tbh, but here goes anyway)

Knight:

Gauntlet type weapons:

Tier 1 Regular fists but knight exclusive is a double axe handle punch attack that has equal power as vanguard falcon punch. (very slow large stamin drain)
    Tier 2 Miniature shields for the hands. Very small but can block weapons if aimed proper. Less damage and slower swings.
    Tier 3 Gauntlets of metal and spikes strong attack power, slow swings and large stamina drain

Vanguard

Scythes:

Tier 1 Warscythe. Double sided scythe with moderate power speed reach ect.
    Tier 2 Light Warscythe. Smaller version with enhanced speed, but less power/reach
    Tier 3 Heavy Warscythe. Largers, slower, more powerful warscythe

Man-At-Arms

Claws:

Tier 1 Claws. Moderate length/power/speed/ect claw weapons for MAA hands.
    Tier 2 Cat Claws. Shorter version modified for faster speed, less power, shorter reach, less stamina drain
    Tier 3 Tiger Claws. Heavy claws with slow swings, but more damage and more stamina drain.

Ranged weapon: Bolas

Archer

Slings: (Tiers are the ammo rather than the actual weapon)

Tier 1 Stone ammunition. Load up those rocks and fire away! Moderate speed, low strength, mobile range attacks
    Tier 2 Explosive ammo. These sling munitions should be handled with care, thus making reload times slower. Causes a small explosion adding a bit more damage and a small knockback
    Tier 3 Fire shot. Shoots flammable shots at the enemy (think like mini oil pots) much less damage then regular oil pot with no area effect, but still counters shields like fire pots would.

Another idea would be explosive tipped arrows (decreasing flight distance because the tip is heavier or something idk) and causing people to be knocked back and shield users get a damage reduction instead of damage removal) Aslo, more drawback time because the arrow must be handled carefully.

• I love the bolas idea. Maybe it would only do a slight amount of damage but slow down the target.

• Well, in the legs it would do almost no damage, but in the face, you’re getting wrapped up then when they reach the end of the wrap, BOOM! Damage.

• You’re Ideas are good, I’m not a huge fan of the weapons though, But Many are, I Do Like the sling though, But I don’t like your concept of it. I mean, There shouldn’t be explosives and Flaming objectives In A game Like this, It’d be better with like, Heavy/Sharp/Light Upgrades or Varietes. The Heavy would be More effective against heavy armoured opponents (Knights/Vanguards), And the Sharper For Ofc: Man at Arms and Archer’s. And they would have different speeds and Damage status, Etc.
    It’d be awesome with slings, But Is it needed with a new range weapon, And would it be much different compared to the Crossbow/Javelin/Bow, Other than the Look?

• yeah They could introduce some new classes like vlad the impaler warriors or japanese samurai that would be awsome 8-)

• @Tikitik:

You’re Ideas are good, I’m not a huge fan of the weapons though, But Many are, I Do Like the sling though, But I don’t like your concept of it. I mean, There shouldn’t be explosives and Flaming objectives In A game Like this, It’d be better with like, Heavy/Sharp/Light Upgrades or Varietes. The Heavy would be More effective against heavy armoured opponents (Knights/Vanguards), And the Sharper For Ofc: Man at Arms and Archer’s. And they would have different speeds and Damage status, Etc.
    It’d be awesome with slings, But Is it needed with a new range weapon, And would it be much different compared to the Crossbow/Javelin/Bow, Other than the Look?

Well, the concept is a faster version of a mobile ranged attack like javelin, but no melee capabilities and faster attack speeds and more ammo. I am not 100% certain on the actual ammo types and stuff, your ideas could definatly work!

@maxime:

yeah They could introduce some new classes like vlad the impaler warriors or japanese samurai that would be awsome 8-)

Is this a troll? :?

• The vanguard and knight weapons sound good!

I’m not so sure about the others though. Claws? I’d prefer to keep things as historically accurate as possible.

Fire shot for the archers would be cool. I’d simplify it to whenever and archer holds a drawn arrow over a flame - it ignites (like in TF2).

• Bolas? My adventure on google images came out with “balls” as a result. They’ll fight with balls?

• @Petroklos:

Bolas? My adventure on google images came out with “balls” as a result. They’ll fight with balls?

Not too far out :P

• I guess according to that wiki thing, they aren’t exactly medeival, are they? …How sad :(

• I’m actually shocked that you would suggest more archer weapons Slaughter, because everytime i get on the same server as you (usually as a crossbower) you’re pretty harsh towards us ! ;)

F*** off archer is what I see the most in the chat window from you!

No offense man, by the way, love playing with/against you!

On topic: Gladius could be nice, and if the implement quarterstaves (striking with both ends) i’d love to have the double sword/axe/mace that were so cool in Neverwinter Nights 1 !Heck, DOUBLE FLAILS !!! Bwhahahaha :o

• @phyltybo:

I’m actually shocked that you would suggest more archer weapons Slaughter, because everytime i get on the same server as you (usually as a crossbower) you’re pretty harsh towards us ! ;)

On topic: Gladius could be nice, and if the implement quarterstaves (striking with both ends) i’d love to have the double sword/axe/mace that were so cool in Neverwinter Nights 1 !Heck, DOUBLE FLAILS !!! Bwhahahaha :o

This is 100% true… I tend to swear a lot at archers… And shield users… And LMB spammers… And lookdown overhead users… And kill stealers… And well… you get the idea…

Anyway, I do play archer sometimes… It is a challenging class to play. I do see a lot of cowardice in some games (especially with this particular class). I stand my ground more times than running away from a fight and don’t shoot into 1v1 fights until they are over.

I typically try to play with an honorable playstyle myself. Face-to-face fights without killsteals and cheap tricks is my ideal battle. I sometimes find myself outnumbered (which while using the maul I love very much) and try to crush everything in my path with sheer brutality.

I am very rude to a lot of players, but when I meet people who I think are an honorable fighter, I compliment them on a job well done.

• @Slaughtervomit:

@phyltybo:

I’m actually shocked that you would suggest more archer weapons Slaughter, because everytime i get on the same server as you (usually as a crossbower) you’re pretty harsh towards us ! ;)

This is 100% true… I tend to swear a lot at archers… And shield users… And LMB spammers… And lookdown overhead users… And kill stealers… And well… you get the idea…

Anyway, I do play archer sometimes… It is a challenging class to play. I do see a lot of cowardice in some games (especially with this particular class). I stand my ground more times than running away from a fight and don’t shoot into 1v1 fights until they are over.

I typically try to play with an honorable playstyle myself. Face-to-face fights without killsteals and cheap tricks is my ideal battle. I sometimes find myself outnumbered (which while using the maul I love very much) and try to crush everything in my path with sheer brutality.

I am very rude to a lot of players, but when I meet people who I think are an honorable fighter, I compliment them on a job well done.

Lol, this is me described perfectly… Although I complain a lot about getting teamed, lol… Anyways, on the weapons - gladius, probably not, just on historical issues - they didn’t have Roman weapons in medieval Europe! Bolas - extremely difficult to implement, so likely a no. Warscythe - awesome.

• It may be not very original, but a double bladed one handed axe would be cool! slash slash slash here goes your head! :D Also, althought as with the Gladius it’s not on the same time frame the spartan sword, the falcata… as long as we don’t get underwear wearing guys with horse hair helmets kicking/shield bashing their way to victory!

• The warscythe why not.

Completely out of sync with everyone else; I’d like to see more shields. I small spiked targe or a lantern shield perhaps.

• totally up for that sling*, a good old anti archer weapon.

• @Reginhard:

The warscythe why not.

Completely out of sync with everyone else; I’d like to see more shields. I small spiked targe or a lantern shield perhaps.

I’d actually like to see more counters to shields. I know flails are coming out soon, but what about archers? What about vanguards? Shields need good counters from all classes. Oil pots aren’t enough imo.

@Thorendir:

totally up for that sling*, a good old anti archer weapon.

Depending on ammo, could be good old anti anything weapon! :D

• I’d actually like to see more counters to shields. I know flails are coming out soon, but what about archers? What about vanguards? Shields need good counters from all classes. Oil pots aren’t enough imo.

That it would be; that is to say a counter to shields, lantern shields and most targes would have a smaller surface area than a heater. So smaller shield = counter.

Clearly, one would expect some enhanced vision/stamina benefits so not a total shield nerf, just different. Particularly the aggressive qualities of my shield suggestions. Actually; the more I think about it, it would be another couple of shields for shield haters to loathe even more.

Still; I like to see the MAAs with a spiked targe or lantern shield on the proviso that the knight gets the heater shield… A knight without a heater shield is just wrong.

Btw. before any medieval weapons expert comments; I think that we could leave the lantern off the lantern shield just the pointy bits please!

• @Reginhard:

I’d actually like to see more counters to shields. I know flails are coming out soon, but what about archers? What about vanguards? Shields need good counters from all classes. Oil pots aren’t enough imo.

That it would be; that is to say a counter to shields, lantern shields and most targes would have a smaller surface area than a heater. So smaller shield = counter.

Clearly, one would expect some enhanced vision/stamina benefits so not a total shield nerf, just different. Particularly the aggressive qualities of my shield suggestions. Actually; the more I think about it, it would be another couple of shields for shield haters to loathe even more.

Still; I like to see the MAAs with a spiked targe or lantern shield on the proviso that the knight gets the heater shield… A knight without a heater shield is just wrong.

Btw. before any medieval weapons expert comments; I think that we could leave the lantern off the lantern shield just the pointy bits please!

I have to agree with the moving of heater shield to knight and MaA getting new shields, it just seems like the heater shield is a Knight thing. Oh, and with the new content update and patch coming out, the new MaA shields would have to be fairly small (max size should be about heater’s size) and have a negligible stamina cost.