Different mouse sensitivities

• a huge problem for me is not being given two different sensitivities for ranged and melee, bows and crossbows are the most effective with a VERY low sensitivity, but melee with our quick secondary weapons is better with a moderate or high sensitivity. i often can’t prevent people from circle strafing around me due to how low i run my sensitivity for aiming my bows.

is there any way i can keybind this to my different weapon keys? for example, have it set my sensitivity to like 30 or 40 when i hit 2 to pull out my short sword as an archer, then have it set back to something low like 5 or 10 when i hit 1 to pull out my bow or crossbow. this would be a bandaid at best, especially since if i play other classes i’d have to remove these binds, because changing from high to low on a knight or vanguard is just going to hurt me. but for when i play archer, is there any way i can make this possible to help my melee fighting?

whether nor this is added in a future patch is not the issue, i need to know if there are any fixes for it i can do myself right now! thanks!

• I max sensitivity for range so I can 360 no scope easier.

• @Slaughtervomit:

I max sensitivity for range so I can 360 no scope easier.

i tried this but my headphones don’t have enough bass for the wub wub

• Here’s a bandaid for the moment:

setbind one switchweapon 1 | setsensitivity 10

setbind two switchweapon 2 | setsensitivity 40

setbind three switchweapon 3 | setsensitivity 40

setbind four switchweapon 4 | setsensitivity 40

This will put your primary weapon (regardless of bow/crossbow/javelin/2handed sword/whatever) at the lower sensitivity and everything else at the higher sensitivity. This would only benefit you if you only play archer…

You could have also set a key that sets all of those in one go (combine setbind commands into one key-bind) and then set another key to go back to one that sets all weapon switching to one sensitivity if you play another class. You would just have to remember to hit the key to reset sensitivity for weapon switching. You would probably have to write a little keybind script to do that:

function happykeybinds()
    {
    }

You would save this in a text file like "mykeybindscript.txt" or whatever in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries folder. Then you would set a key to call this script like so:

setbind o exec mykeybindscript.txt

Where 'o' would be the key to call it in this case.

• I tried this .txt method and all it seemed to do was basically just set the general sensitivity to 40.

• @poiuasd:

I tried this .txt method and all it seemed to do was basically just set the general sensitivity to 40.

I didn’t try it, but in theory it should set the sensitivity to 10 only when you switch to weapon 1. When you switch to any other, it should be 40.

It may not work correctly in the .txt method either… try the individual console commands for good measure.

Another untested option that may work is to change the .txt to something like this:

function happykeybinds()
    {
        wep1
        wep2
        wep3
        wep4
    }

exec function wep1()
    {
    }

exec function wep2()
    {
    }

exec function wep3()
    {
    }

exec function wep4()
    {
    }

• Still the same :|

• Try investing in a better mouse. It would be useful for more than just this game too. The mouse I have has 2 buttons on it where they increase/decrease the mouse sensitivity. Very useful for switching from AR/Sniper or Sword/Bow in games

• @DrOstler:

Try investing in a better mouse. It would be useful for more than just this game too. The mouse I have has 2 buttons on it where they increase/decrease the mouse sensitivity. Very useful for switching from AR/Sniper or Sword/Bow in games

Very useful yeah, except the part where it completely destroys your aim because you will never be consistent

• Have those on my mouse, never used them.

• Well, I don’t see a reason changing sensitivity. My mouse has four settings and different profiles, but I’m using only one profile and one setting with my hybrid mouse. It needs only some pracitce, but arching with high sensitivity works GREAT in Chivalry (especially in 24+ games).

• @poiuasd:

Still the same :|

Ah you are right. It is not adding the sensitivity command as part of the key bind. It is definitely doable by editing the .ini. I’ll look into how to work the command line later, if not, I’ll post how to do it in the .ini.

• @ReMixx:

@poiuasd:

Ah you are right. It is not adding the sensitivity command as part of the key bind. It is definitely doable by editing the .ini. I’ll look into how to work the command line later, if not, I’ll post how to do it in the .ini.

Looks like it just needed quotes for it to accept both commands into one keybind. Here, try this:

function happykeybinds()
    {
        wep1
        wep2
        wep3
        wep4
    }

exec function wep1()
    {
        setbind one "switchweapon 1 | setsensitivity 10"
    }

exec function wep2()
    {
        setbind two "switchweapon 2 | setsensitivity 40"
    }

exec function wep3()
    {
        setbind three "switchweapon 3 | setsensitivity 40"
    }

exec function wep4()
    {
        setbind four "switchweapon 4 | setsensitivity 40"
    }

• Works now, thanks!

• @poiuasd:

Works now, thanks!

Awesome! Remember that if you don’t play archer… you will probably want to set another keybind to reset sensitivity back to whatever you want for the primary weapon.

Also, you are hereby not allowed to ever shoot me :)

:k1:

• @ReMixx:

Awesome! Remember that if you don’t play archer… you will probably want to set another keybind to reset sensitivity back to whatever you want for the primary weapon.

Yep this was the first thing I did when I noticed that it works now.

• @ReMixx:

@ReMixx:

@poiuasd:

Looks like it just needed quotes for it to accept both commands into one keybind. Here, try this:

function happykeybinds()
    {
        wep1
        wep2
        wep3
        wep4
    }

exec function wep1()
    {
        setbind one "switchweapon 1 | setsensitivity 10"
    }

exec function wep2()
    {
        setbind two "switchweapon 2 | setsensitivity 40"
    }

exec function wep3()
    {
        setbind three "switchweapon 3 | setsensitivity 40"
    }

exec function wep4()
    {
        setbind four "switchweapon 4 | setsensitivity 40"
    }

I set it up this way and the game fails to detect the text file in my binaries folder. Any idea why that is? I set it up to execute with G as the keybind, but it does nothing. Then when I just type “exec a.txt” (named it this for simplicity) it says it cannot find the file, even though it’s in the right folder. It’s in steamapps/common/chivalrymedievalwarfare/binaries.

• @ashley:

I set it up this way and the game fails to detect the text file in my binaries folder. Any idea why that is? I set it up to execute with G as the keybind, but it does nothing. Then when I just type “exec a.txt” (named it this for simplicity) it says it cannot find the file, even though it’s in the right folder. It’s in steamapps/common/chivalrymedievalwarfare/binaries.

It may be falsely saying that it can’t find “a.txt”. To be sure, temporarily change the contents of your a.txt (or a b.txt) with just:

function happykeybinds()
    {
        jump
    }

Calling it should make your character jump.

As a side note, you can also do something like this in your other thread with binding the LMB to stab (once we figure it out for sure). Just multiple ways of doing it. :)

• @ReMixx:

@ashley:

It may be falsely saying that it can’t find “a.txt”. To be sure, temporarily change the contents of your a.txt (or a b.txt) with just:

function happykeybinds()
    {
        jump
    }

Calling it should make your character jump.

As a side note, you can also do something like this in your other thread with binding the LMB to stab (once we figure it out for sure). Just multiple ways of doing it. :)

Hmm, I tried this and it still doesn’t recognize the text file in the binaries folder :|

I guess I can get by fine enough by just using a sensitivity of about 25 for everything, it makes archery a little more of a pain, but it’s just enough to be able to somewhat decently fight in melee as well. Hopefully Torn just adds two sensitivity options in the upcoming patch.

• I know it shouldn’t make a difference but what if you changed the file name to let’s say “keys”.