Different mouse sensitivities

• Well, I don’t see a reason changing sensitivity. My mouse has four settings and different profiles, but I’m using only one profile and one setting with my hybrid mouse. It needs only some pracitce, but arching with high sensitivity works GREAT in Chivalry (especially in 24+ games).

• @poiuasd:

Still the same :|

Ah you are right. It is not adding the sensitivity command as part of the key bind. It is definitely doable by editing the .ini. I’ll look into how to work the command line later, if not, I’ll post how to do it in the .ini.

• @ReMixx:

@poiuasd:

Ah you are right. It is not adding the sensitivity command as part of the key bind. It is definitely doable by editing the .ini. I’ll look into how to work the command line later, if not, I’ll post how to do it in the .ini.

Looks like it just needed quotes for it to accept both commands into one keybind. Here, try this:

function happykeybinds()
    {
        wep1
        wep2
        wep3
        wep4
    }

exec function wep1()
    {
        setbind one "switchweapon 1 | setsensitivity 10"
    }

exec function wep2()
    {
        setbind two "switchweapon 2 | setsensitivity 40"
    }

exec function wep3()
    {
        setbind three "switchweapon 3 | setsensitivity 40"
    }

exec function wep4()
    {
        setbind four "switchweapon 4 | setsensitivity 40"
    }

• Works now, thanks!

• @poiuasd:

Works now, thanks!

Awesome! Remember that if you don’t play archer… you will probably want to set another keybind to reset sensitivity back to whatever you want for the primary weapon.

Also, you are hereby not allowed to ever shoot me :)

:k1:

• @ReMixx:

Awesome! Remember that if you don’t play archer… you will probably want to set another keybind to reset sensitivity back to whatever you want for the primary weapon.

Yep this was the first thing I did when I noticed that it works now.

• @ReMixx:

@ReMixx:

@poiuasd:

Looks like it just needed quotes for it to accept both commands into one keybind. Here, try this:

function happykeybinds()
    {
        wep1
        wep2
        wep3
        wep4
    }

exec function wep1()
    {
        setbind one "switchweapon 1 | setsensitivity 10"
    }

exec function wep2()
    {
        setbind two "switchweapon 2 | setsensitivity 40"
    }

exec function wep3()
    {
        setbind three "switchweapon 3 | setsensitivity 40"
    }

exec function wep4()
    {
        setbind four "switchweapon 4 | setsensitivity 40"
    }

I set it up this way and the game fails to detect the text file in my binaries folder. Any idea why that is? I set it up to execute with G as the keybind, but it does nothing. Then when I just type “exec a.txt” (named it this for simplicity) it says it cannot find the file, even though it’s in the right folder. It’s in steamapps/common/chivalrymedievalwarfare/binaries.

• @ashley:

I set it up this way and the game fails to detect the text file in my binaries folder. Any idea why that is? I set it up to execute with G as the keybind, but it does nothing. Then when I just type “exec a.txt” (named it this for simplicity) it says it cannot find the file, even though it’s in the right folder. It’s in steamapps/common/chivalrymedievalwarfare/binaries.

It may be falsely saying that it can’t find “a.txt”. To be sure, temporarily change the contents of your a.txt (or a b.txt) with just:

function happykeybinds()
    {
        jump
    }

Calling it should make your character jump.

As a side note, you can also do something like this in your other thread with binding the LMB to stab (once we figure it out for sure). Just multiple ways of doing it. :)

• @ReMixx:

@ashley:

It may be falsely saying that it can’t find “a.txt”. To be sure, temporarily change the contents of your a.txt (or a b.txt) with just:

function happykeybinds()
    {
        jump
    }

Calling it should make your character jump.

As a side note, you can also do something like this in your other thread with binding the LMB to stab (once we figure it out for sure). Just multiple ways of doing it. :)

Hmm, I tried this and it still doesn’t recognize the text file in the binaries folder :|

I guess I can get by fine enough by just using a sensitivity of about 25 for everything, it makes archery a little more of a pain, but it’s just enough to be able to somewhat decently fight in melee as well. Hopefully Torn just adds two sensitivity options in the upcoming patch.

• I know it shouldn’t make a difference but what if you changed the file name to let’s say “keys”.

• @ashley:

Hmm, I tried this and it still doesn’t recognize the text file in the binaries folder :|

I guess I can get by fine enough by just using a sensitivity of about 25 for everything, it makes archery a little more of a pain, but it’s just enough to be able to somewhat decently fight in melee as well. Hopefully Torn just adds two sensitivity options in the upcoming patch.

Huh. So making a text file “myfunc.txt” in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries with:

function pleasework()
    {
        jump
    }

called in the in-game console by:

exec myfunc.txt

doesn’t work?